• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

knightwolf09

I also want to know the pokemon with a unique z-moves. We only have 11 (very very low number out of 800) and so far we only know 4. Personally the best I can think of for the whole list is Snorlax, Alolan Raichu, Pikachu, Eevee, Litten3, Rowlet3, Popplio3, Lycanroc, Solgaleo, Lunala, and (Silvally, Psyduck, Zygarde, or Marshadow). I swear if the 11th is Psyduck, I'll be a bit upset that a good was specials was use on unevolved pokemon. They could've made a bit more for some of the other 800.

TyLogic

I also want to know the pokemon with a unique z-moves. We only have 11 (very very low number out of 800) and so far we only know 4. Personally the best I can think of for the whole list is Snorlax, Alolan Raichu, Pikachu, Eevee, Litten3, Rowlet3, Popplio3, Lycanroc, Solgaleo, Lunala, and (Silvally, Psyduck, Zygarde, or Marshadow). I swear if the 11th is Psyduck, I'll be a bit upset that a good was specials was use on unevolved pokemon. They could've made a bit more for some of the other 800.

Psyduck? Where did Psyduck come from?

I remember hearing about some Mew Z-Crystal. Does that mean that Mew gets one?

kaylavarnell4736

Xtreme Pokefan

I hope Pichu gets one since its evolved forms got them but that's probably unlikely. Also, The box legendaries could probably get one and that's how they'd be able to turn into the full moon phase.(can't remember the name of the other phase) And also,maybe the tapu totems.

knightwolf09

During an interview with Masuda, there was a piece of official artwork of Psyduck using a z-move, whether it was a unique one or it was just Hydro Vortex and it was up there because Psyduck is his favorite pokemon, we don't know. So I thought it's worthy of a guess.

future.newyorker

Silvally will definitely not get a unique Z-move. If it were given one and forced to hold the Z-crystal, that would eliminate its entire gimmick.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

There isn't a Mew Z-Crystal, at least not that we know of. This is what you're talking about:

kWnCq5SC728gleM7BlcAL9yJPB8ICdm8QBf3KQMqoAVDJyW5GJ1rdFl6hnKr-LXdfQZ_w6CzMRml9WQ=w1394-h804

And that is just the Fairy-Type Z-Crystal, as those are the in-bag sprites for the Type-specific Z-Crystals. The Mew thing was a random guess, but we already knew it was wrong, as we'd already seen the Type-Specific Z-Crystals in promo images for the Z-Ring toy.

The more you know!

TyLogic

And that is just the Fairy-Type Z-Crystal, as those are the in-bag sprites for the Type-specific Z-Crystals. The Mew thing was a random guess, but we already knew it was wrong, as we'd already seen the Type-Specific Z-Crystals in promo images for the Z-Ring toy.

The more you know!

Thanks friend.

Oh well, I wish Mew would get some more attention though.

Magearna is supposed to be the Mew of this generation right? I hope it is as interesting as the others. Though, so far, it doesn't seem like it...

future.newyorker

Thanks friend.

Magearna is supposed to be the Mew of this generation right? I hope it is as interesting as the others. Though, so far, it doesn't seem like it...

Diancie was the Mew of Gen VI and it didn't get any love until ORAS.

knightwolf09

Silvally will definitely not get a unique Z-move. If it were given one and forced to hold the Z-crystal, that would eliminate its entire gimmick.

There was also also a certain theory I had, and it relates to Silvally and the starter's secret. All of them have a unique trait in their bios about bonding with their trainer to get stronger, and refresh helps you bond with your pokemon right? So I though what if their secret is, if you max them out on Refresh all of them will gain access to their own unique z-move without the need of holding z-crystal. That way Silvally would still be able to utilize it's ability but also have a powerful move under it's belt.

Last edited:

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
So basically the Alolan forms are actually redesigns of first generation Pokemon, eh? If that's the case, then Vulpix and Ninetales are now Ice-type Pokemon, Meowth and Persian are now Dark-type Pokemon, Sandshrew and Sandslash are now Ice/Steel-types, Raichu is now Electric/Psychic, Exeggutor is now Grass/Dragon, Rattata and Raticate are now Dark/Normal-types, and Grimer and Muk are now Poison/Dark-types.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So basically the Alolan forms are actually redesigns of first generation Pokemon, eh? If that's the case, then Vulpix and Ninetales are now Ice-type Pokemon, Meowth and Persian are now Dark-type Pokemon, Sandshrew and Sandslash are now Ice/Steel-types, Raichu is now Electric/Psychic, Exeggutor is now Grass/Dragon, Rattata and Raticate are now Dark/Normal-types, and Grimer and Muk are now Poison/Dark-types.

Well, yes and no. The old forms still exist, so its not like they're being replaced. Think of them like Pokemon sub-species, or different breeds of dog.

TyLogic

Well, yes and no. The old forms still exist, so its not like they're being replaced. Think of them like Pokemon sub-species, or different breeds of dog.

Precisely. However, in my, opinion, since they are called Alola Forms, we won't see them much outside of Alola. It seems to be a generation 7 gimmick. They'd probably make new regional variants called by whatever region they are in, in the next generation. So if the next region is based on Antarctica, we could probably expect some Antarctico Forms. (That'd be a lot of Ice-types. Though I can see Fire variations as well)

Hauke_von_Arding

I still want to know where UB Cable came from, since cables are man-made. You could say "Well, it's the Pokemon world, so maybe UB Cable came first", but, if I'm correct, Ultra Beast only started showing up recently.

So again, I ask, where did UB Cable come from? Where do they all come from?

It's not just the cable one. All of the UBs after him are formed after some form of energy. Geothermic pipe UB (not Bamboos), Solar Array UB (not blades or paper or whatever)... the crab is actually a heating furnance. They are all modelled about some form of energy. The last UB looks like some modern computer.

roserade the warrior

Thanks friend.

I think that role is of marshadow. Though magearna could fit as well.

Diancie was the Mew of Gen VI and it didn't get any love until ORAS.

I doubt Diancie was the mew of gen VI, is more similar to manaphy because of carbink/phione, and even then. Mainly because the "mews" always have a more or less abstract topic on them: mew (genesis, origin), celebi (time, time-travel), jirachi (wishes), manaphy (birth, soul, heart), shaymin (gratitude), victini (victory), meloetta (the fine arts: dance and music), and hoopa (space, dimensions, portals, portal-travel). While diancie was just a diamond "princess" of the carbinks, reason it is more similar to manaphy, the "prince" of the sea, than mew. But even then, because diancie was also stated to be a mutated carbink (though it makes no sense that diancie cant breed more carbinks...). Diancie could still be a mew (and can be considered as such), but there seems to be no representation on her aside of "royalty" or "diamonds", which is not abstract enough when you compare it to the others (there are victories that doesnt have anything to do with winning, and music and dancing are up to the interpretation of anyone); maybe "mutation" or "evolution" is a valid one. I think I am overthinking xD.

Now the question is what does marshadow (and magearna) represent. For magearna it seems to be the soul. But more about the "free will soul" rather than just soul.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I really hope that those pokémon that we don't have any clue of typing get new type combinations.

Well everyone has been theorizing that a good handful of them have a possibility of new typings. Like the Diving Bell Spider, Crown of Thorns, Wimpod2, Marshadow, Red Tapu, and a couple others I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.