• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 all had static intros. Rivals, Team Flare members, AZ, and Sycamore I think were the only ones with animations.
I remembered and edited it, but I guess I was too slow. Anyway my point being that there were far less important characters like the Flare scientists getting unique animations while Diantha didn't.
I still believe it is a champion intro though, the whole rainbow effect feels like a proper conclusion to the Island Challenge.

knightwolf09

I remembered and edited it, but I guess I was too slow. Anyway my point being that there were far less important characters like the Flare scientists getting unique animations while Diantha didn't.
I still believe it is a champion intro though, the whole rainbow effect feels like a proper conclusion to the Island Challenge.

Erron says it could be for the Trial Captains.

knightwolf09

I assumed Erron was talking about the four intros,including the one with the feathers, but I might have misread.

The rainbow intro feels far too grand to be used for the Trial Captains in my opinion.

Well all the trial captains typing actually do make a rainbow in total, even make up seven colors. Except orange for some reason.

Well all the trial captains typing actually do make a rainbow in total, even make up seven colors. Except orange for some reason.

I agree, and that's basically the reason why it makes sense for the intro to be the Champion's to me. An intro that uses all the colors from the whole challenge fits more for their leader, rather than a generic one they can all use.

knightwolf09

I agree, and that's basically the reason why it makes sense for the intro to be the Champion's to me. An intro that uses all the colors from the whole challenge fits more for their leader, rather than a generic one they can all use.

Why not though? You can argue Team Skull and Aether have very flashy intros for grunts.

Why not though? You can argue Team Skull and Aether have very flashy intros for grunts.

Eh I wouldn't say so. The generic skull intro just uses black, blue and pink, and the Aether one just uses black, white and gold.
I just think an intro that uses elements from the whole challenge fits best for the final leader of said challenge, I don't really have much more to say about it.

We have battle intros.
Granted they're using the lass and Kukui for dummies, but there's a lot of interesting stuff here. Like at 3:15 I'm fairly sure we see the Aether Logo, and there's some other stuff like possible order of kahunas(2:08), and a whole bunch of other weird things(with what appearing at 3:42 being the weirdest).

Dayum Aether b****!!!

Literally I am so hyped to play S/M now. I was already, but now I think I'm gonna explode with how hyped I am.

I always like to think that somewhere within me, there is a scream that never ends. That scream just intensified with hype.

knightwolf09

Eh I wouldn't say so. The generic skull intro just uses black, blue and pink, and the Aether one just uses black, white and gold.
I just think an intro that uses elements from the whole challenge fits best for the final leader of said challenge, I don't really have much more to say about it.

I'm still on the side that says there's no Champion at all.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
There is a Champ, though. The Strange Souvenir backpacker said as much.

Is there even any confirmation the backpacker was talking about Alola? Or that he was anything more than GameFreak trolling us?

R_N

Is there even any confirmation the backpacker was talking about Alola? Or that he was anything more than GameFreak trolling us?

the strange souvenir was a tiki and presumably gen 7 went into pre-production by that point with them already deciding on hawaii as a basis.

The backpacker was speaking in very vague terms and the strange souvenir itself is likely based on early, but dropped, concepts. But there probably is a champion because presumably multiple people have passed the trial system to become the "Island Champion"

Bus

the strange souvenir was a tiki and presumably gen 7 went into pre-production by that point with them already deciding on hawaii as a basis.

The backpacker was speaking in very vague terms and the strange souvenir itself is likely based on early, but dropped, concepts. But there probably is a champion because presumably multiple people have passed the trial system to become the "Island Champion"

Funny thought....what if the Island Champion is a hyper-intelligent Oranguru? Its entry does say that its been rumored to have been seen using Pokeballs....

I honestly think that would be a hilarious (and awesome) Planet of the Apes type twist if the mastermind behind everything was actually a hyper intelligent pokemon with the ability to use pokeballs (almost like Mewtwo in the first movie).

knightwolf09

For one, how do we know that "Many people have passed". And it's kind of contradictory that the challenge is a rite of passage, but at the same time it's treated like a competition. Also we would've seen the potential champion by now. Usually they introduce Champions before the game is realeased as just regular characters, and so far we haven't one yet that fits the bill.

Last edited:

R_N

I do think it'd be funny if this was a gen 1 situation, though, where for whatever reason there is no current standing champion so you beat up or complete the trial or whatever and its....Hau! Who finished before you did.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
For one, how do we know that "Many people have passed". And it's kind of contradictory that the challenge is a rite of passage, but at the same time it's treated like a competition.

We know that "many people have passed" because all of the Trial Captains are people who previously completed the Island Challenge.

R_N

We know that "many people have passed" because all of the Trial Captains are people who previously completed the Island Challenge.

And it is still treated as a competition because regardles of there being a current standing island champion, Kukui says a goal is to pass the challenge and become the strongest trainer in alola.

e: I'm further assuming that there's probably a bunch of people who try the challenges and don't pass, but the fact they tried is good enough to be considered a success in terms of being a rite of passage.

Status
Not open for further replies.