• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
So, this has basically become my thought now concerning the legendaries.

Cosgmog ---> "Galaxy Eye" ---> Solgaleo/Lunala

Something tells me Cosmog will evolve into either of the two legendaries.

My thoughts exactly!

I see something interesting...

People think Cosmog is Lillie's... and that it'll evolve into either....

But then where does Galaxy Eye come into all this?

gliscor&yanmega

Wow the tapu Z move sucks, who's gonna sacrifice their Z move slot for removing 75% of on poke's health ?

Also I just realized that both regular and alolan geodude are on the dex (same for meowth).

I'd imagine it be good to use against things that could resist the Tapus. In Tapu Koko's case, if it's up against a Fire/Ground type, it might not have much of anything to do any worth wild damage, so cutting it down to 25% would help a lot since at that point it could probably knock it out in the next attack. Although, it would depend mostly on what the strongest move the Tapus can use and what they go up again, anything with high defenses would probably be better of using the Tapu Z-Move against.

Ver-mont

I see something interesting...

People think Cosmog is Lillie's... and that it'll evolve into either....

But then where does Galaxy Eye come into all this?

Galaxy Eye would be some sort of "pupa" stage, like PrinceOfFacade said.

Cosmog becomes it, and then it becomes either Solgaleo or Lunala.

Edit: Greninja'd

LunalaLover

It can be confirmed now that it will NOT be cosmog -> Lunala & Galaxy Eye -> Solgaleo. If that is the case then they would have been revealed both at the same time. Question now is, are they standalone pokemon or pre-evolutions? I have the feeling they could be like cells of the sun and the moon, just like Zygarde has cells, but that they have no connection in like evolving. But huge change I am totally wrong haha

Edit: Now that I think about it, it could also be a form change like Zygarde, but I hope that's not the case. if that would be the case then I can't explain how you have that ''boss fight'' Against the actual Solgaleo/Lunala
EditEdit: That also can't be true, considering like I just said if that would be the case then they would have revealed cosmog and the Galaxy Eye at the same time

Last edited:

knightwolf09

It can be confirmed now that it will NOT be cosmog -> Lunala & Galaxy Eye -> Solgaleo. If that is the case then they would have been revealed both at the same time. Question now is, are they standalone pokemon or pre-evolutions? I have the feeling they could be like cells of the sun and the moon, just like Zygarde has cells, but that they have no connection in like evolving. But huge change I am totally wrong haha

Edit: Now that I think about it, it could also be a form change like Zygarde, but I hope that's not the case. if that would be the case then I can't explain how you have that ''boss fight'' Against the actual Solgaleo/Lunala
EditEdit: That also can't be true, considering like I just said if that would be the case then they would have revealed cosmog and the Galaxy Eye at the same time

They're still trying to keep some secrets you know. Plus it' been said you're going to meet Cosmog in the very beginning of the game, so that's probably why they decided to reveal him now, but not speak of it's evolutions.

Hauke_von_Arding

But it has a own name. Forms usualy don't have a own name like 'Cosmog'.

LunalaLover

They're still trying to keep some secrets you know. Plus it' been said you're going to meet Cosmog in the very beginning of the game, so that's probably why they decided to reveal him now, but not speak of it's evolutions.

So the rumours are true you get to see him even before you choose your starter? you know the story they said that lilys pokemon disappeared and you chase after it but then tapu koko comes in and the rest I don't remember anymore...

knightwolf09

So the rumours are true you get to see him even before you choose your starter? you know the story they said that lilys pokemon disappeared and you chase after it but then tapu koko comes in and the rest I don't remember anymore...

It was actually said by people who got to play the first two hours. So yeah, this takes place before you even get to choose your starter. But Tapu Koko saves you as the bridge collapses while you still have Cosmog. Let's call it Nebby as people say Lillie called it.

Anthea

I get more of a swordfish vibe from Tapu Fini (totally should've been named Tapu Sushi, but oh well). And, finally, Tapu Tato (Lele) lives!

Agreed
Beautiful regardless, they remind me of Zelda twilight princess light beings. Basically a mix of animals. Purple tapu is like a mermaid esque being inside a swordfish shaped clamshell, very mythical aquatic vibes

I would looooove if cosmogg is 3 stage and available early on, yes it's ez mode but it's so cute to finally raise a legend from the beginning

Last edited:

Wingulltrainer

I'm wondering- if cosmog does evolve into one of the legendaries, i'm probably going to have to keep it on my team for awhile, which takes up real estate on my overall team.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
It's very likely right now that it goes Cosmog > Galaxy Eye > Lunala/Solgaleo. It's kinda like the regional bug imo, a little cute poof that evolves into a 'cocoon' that blossoms into one of the legendaries. Question is: How does this make sense? It'll likely be a big part of the story.

I do think the Ghost girl in demo is 1 of E4 than Kahunas or Trial Captain...tbh
I hope we get new characters than Kahunas turn to be E4.

I don't give Chinese leak much credibility tho...

The Chinese leak literally got everything in it right except that Z-Stones change forms. Everything else was spot on. It's entirely credible.

Last edited:

Ver-mont

It's very likely right now that it goes Cosmog > Galaxy Eye > Lunala/Solgaleo. It's kinda like the regional bug imo, a little cute poof that evolves into a 'cocoon' that blossoms into one of the legendaries. Question is: How does this make sense? It'll likely be a big part of the story.

It probably will, considering Aether was said to be studying Cosmog, which is still sort of a mystery even to Alolans.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Wow the tapu Z move sucks, who's gonna sacrifice their Z move slot for removing 75% of on poke's health ?

Also I just realized that both regular and alolan geodude are on the dex (same for meowth).
It's like a Superior Super Fang.

You could probably use it too lower a bulky Pokemon, or give Life Orb users a smaller attack window.

I get a "tank" vibe from the Tapu XXXX Pokemon.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Strong Jaw Super Fang gives the same effect.

Edit:

[IMG200]http://s.hswstatic.com/gif/how-are-stars-formed-diagram.jpg[/IMG200]

It's supposed to be metaphoric to your personal growth or something. I dunno, your average starter does the same thing anyways, but this time you are forced to evolve your guy because plot says so.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

The Chinese leak literally got everything in it right except that Z-Stones change forms. Everything else was spot on. It's entirely credible.

And even here it certainly seems like the Tapus (temporarily) change form when they become/summon the Alola Guardian.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
^Strong Jaw Super Fang gives the same effect.
I checked, and only Mega Sharpedo has that combination.

You would limit your Mega Evolution, or limit your Z Crystal.

Mega Sharpedo has very strong attack stats, so many of its moves can do more than Super Fang.

But I suppose you can use it as a last resort if Mega Sharpedo ran out of options.

Edit: There are two additional candidates that we know of in Sun and Moon.
Bruxish "may" work well with it...

Status
Not open for further replies.