• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
It would also make for a very nice little storyline where you and/or Lillie helped it along the way to becoming a legendary.

I've got to say, if we get to raise little Cosmic Poot, and eventually it blossoms into a Legendary (which I'm 99.99% sure will be the case), I'll probably be more endeared to Solgaleo and Lunaala than any other Legend. It's a really smart play on GF's part.

I wondered if it might be Electric/Rock. It's got what looks like metal shavings stuck to it, sort of like Probopass, but I wonder if maybe it's a result of electrical energy?

What about Alolan Dugtrio?

Ground/Fairy, Ground/Fire, and Ground/Electric are my guesses.

PokeFan707

I agree with the idea that you can have multiple Cosmog and "Galaxy Eye", but only one can evolve into Solgaleo or Lunala.

Something I'd think would be really interesting is if when Solgaleo and Lunala appear, they end up being entirely new Pokemon that didn't exist until that very moment. Most legendaries are ones that already exist or are known about in game, so imagine if a legendary is just born in-game and therefore no one knows about it yet?

Poppi

I agree with the idea that you can have multiple Cosmog and "Galaxy Eye", but only one can evolve into Solgaleo or Lunala.

Something I'd think would be really interesting is if when Solgaleo and Lunala appear, they end up being entirely new Pokemon that didn't exist until that very moment. Most legendaries are ones that already exist or are known about in game, so imagine if a legendary is just born in-game and therefore no one knows about it yet?

That would be super interesting, seeing the birth of a new legend. Though, the descriptions for Solgaleo/Lunala say they've been honored "since ancient times."

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Magearnas shiny form is literally the same as that form but it doesnt really fit into the lore behind it

That's not the shiny. Both forms have different shinies(The second form has an Ultra Ball form as a shiny.)

Rio!

Composer
Hm, interesting takes on Cosmog.
They kind of remind me of Unknown in a way (tied to certain legendaries/ancient language, etc) so it does seem highly plausible for it to have ties with Lunala and Solgaleo. Especially with it being called 'The Nebula Pokemon' with galactic references and such. I'm going to have a giggling fit if it only knows one move though, not gonna lie.

kaylavarnell4736

Xtreme Pokefan
It was actually said by people who got to play the first two hours. So yeah, this takes place before you even get to choose your starter. But Tapu Koko saves you as the bridge collapses while you still have Cosmog. Let's call it Nebby as people say Lillie called it.

Where have you heard this? Is it in a video? Please post the link if so. :3

kaylavarnell4736

Xtreme Pokefan

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Recent trailer also confirms the dex order.

Vikavolt is shown to evolve at Level 40(IIRC, we have seen it at lower levels).

Alolan Exeggutor is shown to evolve with Leaf Stone.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Level 40?! Damn...... that's a high level for a Bug.

I wonder if Alolan Vulpix still evolves with the Fire stone though, it really wouldn't make sense. I'm thinking it'll use the shiny stone.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Ice Stone was confirmed to be thing ages ago.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Level 40?! Damn...... that's a high level for a Bug.

Yep, but that can only be a good thing, as it points to Vikavolt likely having pretty good stats.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Well I hope those of you who plan on using Vikavolt enjoy using a breadbox throughout most of your adventure! ;)

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
Hm. With three brand new starter moves revealed, I wonder what that means for the other three (throat chop, aurora veil, laser focus, was it?) that have been floating around being pegged as possibly starter-unique new moves?

Do you think it's likely they will each receive two unique moves, or will these possibly turn out to be matched to some of the other new 'mons we're getting?

I suppose they're all back up for grabs.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Hm. With three brand new starter moves revealed, I wonder what that means for the other three (throat chop, aurora veil, laser focus, was it?) that have been floating around being pegged as possibly starter-unique new moves?

Do you think it's likely they will each receive two unique moves, or will these possibly turn out to be matched to some of the other new 'mons we're getting?

I suppose they're all back up for grabs.

Have they been confirmed as moves or could they possibly be Abilities? If they can be abilities, my bets are that they're the starters' hidden abilities.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^@Graficcha: I'm guessing neither. Aurora Veil will likely be given to weak Ice-types, Throat Chop will likely be given to a variety of Fighting-types and become a Move Tutor later-on and Laser Focus will likely be given to Lock-On users and some other guys.

Edit: @Erron Black: Yes, they are moves.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
^@Graficcha: I'm guessing neither. Aurora Veil will likely be given to weak Ice-types, Throat Chop will likely be given to a variety of Fighting-types and become a Move Tutor later-on and Laser Focus will likely be given to Lock-On users and some other guys.

Edit: @Erron Black: Yes, they are moves.

Ah okay, I guess it's possible the starters could learn them, but I doubt they'll be exclusive moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.