• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

future.newyorker

I don't see how it makes that 'likely', it just means we may have a badge quest, which can be formed in Alola just as much as it can mean going to another region entirely.

In fact, one of the major rumors says we 'build a league', so if that's accurate, then the badge quest probably has more to do with Alola.

That was already shown in the last trailer reveal, and it was talking about the league building the elite four are housed in.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
That was already shown in the last trailer reveal, and it was talking about the league building the elite four are housed in.

And can't that also extend to also making Gyms? Part of the reason the league exists is that we have to fight Gym Leaders to get to the league in the first place, as that's supposed to serve as the initial challenge.

So Gyms would still link up to that.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
And can't that also extend to also making Gyms? Part of the reason the league exists is that we have to fight Gym Leaders to get to the league in the first place, as that's supposed to serve as the initial challenge.

So Gyms would still link up to that.
But if it also involved gyms, it seems like they would've said so. The main site and trailer focus specifically on the E4/Champion thing.

With that said, I doubt a Kanto return is coming, and I'd really hate if it did.

Anthea

I don't understand the mega hate
Pokemon has a stake formula and I think mega shifted things up while making basic mons hot- kinda like hidden abilities. Personally I'm not a fan of pseudo megas like salamence and latis, and yall need to stop with the digimon stigma--- they are both f****** Japanese games about children and collectible monsters, products are always compared to their competition, whether you are talking about franchises, game consoles or even human artists

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
and yall need to stop with the digimon stigma--- they are both f****** Japanese games about children and collectible monsters, products are always compared to their competition, whether you are talking about franchises, game consoles or even human artists

Jesus... calm the f** down. To me, back in 1999 the essential DIFFERENCE between pokemon and digimon was that digimon evolved temporarily. Megas are that. Hence, digimon comparisons.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Where'd we find out that machamp is PokeRide?

Missingno.Fan

I didn't think Megas were bad in theory, just they were poorly executed. More often than not they were Pokémon that were already plenty good enough, many Pokémon who needed them didn't get one, and many of them were designed very lazily.

Anthea

Jesus... calm the f** down. To me, back in 1999 the essential DIFFERENCE between pokemon and digimon was that digimon evolved temporarily. Megas are that. Hence, digimon comparisons.

I'm calm sweetheart, maybe you should take the nostalgia goggles off and realise we are in 2016 not 1999, that's nearly 20 years ago - did you just crawl out from under a rock?

What I think some people have a problem with when it comes to Mega's, is that most of the megas that you see being used competitively are the ones that really didn't need a Mega in the first place.

Say what you want about Charizard having two Megas, but Charizard needed a Mega (I don't really agree with two, but one definitely). It's almost impossible to use Charizard without its Mega. Other stuff like Pidgeot, Beedrill, Altaria, Lopunny, and Gardevoir I can see getting Megas, cause they were kinda "meh" without them. But stuff like Blaziken, Salamence (even though its my favorite Mega to use), Kangaskhan, Sableye, Scizor, and the Lati@s is kinda overkill. Why do they have Mega's again? Weren't they already capable of taking stuff out?

Azery

I didn't think Megas were bad in theory, just they were poorly executed. More often than not they were Pokémon that were already plenty good enough, many Pokémon who needed them didn't get one, and many of them were designed very lazily.

I personally feel like they tried to get a mix between pokemon that needed megas and pokemon that were fan favourites but they ended up leaning too much to the end of the fan favourites. Sableye only got a mega because Mawile got one but it CERTAINLY didn't need it.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Rock Climb
HM_Rock_Climb_artwork.png

Whelp, I just came here to post the same image, but you beat me to it :p

Still, I can't wait to ride on Machamp's back Yoda + Luke style.

Oh, and I also like the idea of it being a Cut replacement, only instead of slicing through trees, it just uproots them.

Gohankuten

Meaning it's highly likely we'll travel to Kanto in SM, at least in my opinion it is.

Personally I think travelling back to Kalos would make more sense than Kanto considering we have Zygarde in both, the strange souvenir, and we have unfinished story plot in Kalos that could be finished in SM post-game. And it would explain why Megas would be post-game as well.

WyvernTamer

What I think some people have a problem with when it comes to Mega's, is that most of the megas that you see being used competitively are the ones that really didn't need a Mega in the first place.

Say what you want about Charizard having two Megas, but Charizard needed a Mega (I don't really agree with two, but one definitely). It's almost impossible to use Charizard without its Mega. Other stuff like Pidgeot, Beedrill, Altaria, Lopunny, and Gardevoir I can see getting Megas, cause they were kinda "meh" without them. But stuff like Blaziken, Salamence (even though its my favorite Mega to use), Kangaskhan, Sableye, Scizor, and the Lati@s is kinda overkill. Why do they have Mega's again? Weren't they already capable of taking stuff out?

I agree with this to some extent. While Charizard definitely appreciates having mega forms I don't agree that it was unusable without em. Yeah he was not the best pick but I still stick to playing with favorites rather then following tier list and let me tell you solar power scarfed Charizard is no slouch. He can wreck plenty of OU users and sometimes even a uber if used correctly. Even non solar power Zard is decent.

Now some were just horrid before they got an mega... Mawile, Beedrill, Pidegot the list goes on. So I appreciate them getting one even though I still wished they just either: A evolved once more or B got their stats adjusted.
Then there is Pokemon who don't even need em.... MetaGross, Salamence, Lati siblings, T-Tar etc....

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

PokeAJ

Well, unless we get a better look at it and learn that it is a Pokemon that is animal/plant-like that lives inside of an anchor, then it's probably Ghost. Ghost/Water would be really nice, too. It could be the more Physically oriented Jellicent!

Yeah, Ghost/Water would be perfect for my team since all the second types for the new ghosts are great and water is the big one I'm missing. Then my ghost team would look like:

Decidueye (grass)
Mimikyu (fairy)
Pallosand (ground)
Oricorio Sensu (flying)
Alolan Marowak (fire)
Sea Anchor (water)

I pity the trainers in the game who face my team and rely on fighting, normal, bug, poison, or psychic moves lol.

Last edited:
Meaning it's highly likely we'll travel to Kanto in SM, at least in my opinion it is.

Nah. It wouldn't happen, purely because that was Johto's gimmick. I don't think GAME Freak would stroke Kanto's ego to that length.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
Pokemon has a stake formula and I think mega shifted things up while making basic mons hot- kinda like hidden abilities. Personally I'm not a fan of pseudo megas like salamence and latis, and yall need to stop with the digimon stigma--- they are both f****** Japanese games about children and collectible monsters, products are always compared to their competition, whether you are talking about franchises, game consoles or even human artists

That why I like Mega because digimon. Serious, I been joking about since X and Y and it doesn't mean that I hate Mega because I compared it to digimon. Some people do, because the whole Digimon Vs Pokrmon bull.

But I do agree that some of them need to be nerf

Status
Not open for further replies.