• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Does anyone have images of the individual island dexes?

I want to get a clearer idea of what will be on which island, but with lists with only names, I have trouble really visualizing it.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Falo

Let the leaks begin! (joke)
img_20161101_120410_496.jpg

https://picload.org/image/rdcwldpi/img_20161101_120410_496.jpg

Sadly it's not playable until the 18th....

But it's fully downloadable
Pokemon Moon: 3.204.266.304 Byte //3GB
Pokemon Sun: 3.220.027.712 Byte //3GB
Sun is a little bit bigger.

leefreedom

Cool facts. So I guess people can datamine these and reveal all the mysteries.
Sun is a liitle bigger then. Not sure what the extra Bytes can be about.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Yep, someone's totally gonna leak everything (also joke). It's funny. There are people worried that the whole game will leak because of this, but a 128-bit key isn't going to break so easily :p

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Even with the pre-loaded data of the game pirated, the dataminers have already attempted to do what they do best.
NO. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DATAMINE THIS AT THIS POINT.

Not until the "seed" is available (which is most likely November 18th), they will not be able to datamine the game.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Will the seed be different per region? Or is it possible for Europeans to somehow download it on the 18th to play earlier?

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
Even with the pre-loaded data of the game pirated, the dataminers have already attempted to do what they do best.
NO. IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO DATAMINE THIS AT THIS POINT.

Not until the "seed" is available (which is most likely November 18th), they will not be able to datamine the game.

Good riddance to them and their datamining then. Datamining everything, not caring about anyone who wants to be left surprised... Who the heck do they think they are?!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Will the seed be different per region? Or is it possible for Europeans to somehow download it on the 18th to play earlier?

Basically the game will be available when it is made purchasable, that is pretty much it.

Falo

Basically the game will be available when it is made purchasable, that is pretty much it.
You can purchase and download it right now, but you can't play it.

It's the same for ALL regions, so yes eur can play it on the 18th. But there is no legal way to get the seed into your console before the 23rd.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Small note than any discussion of how to illegally download the games yourself is strictly forbidden.
I don't think it's illegal, as the pre-load is actually put out by Nintendo.

... But I guess trying to hack through it would be illegal.

I don't think it's illegal, as the pre-load is actually put out by Nintendo.

... But I guess trying to hack through it would be illegal.
Preloading it isn't, which is why the discussion here has been fine so far. But actually making it playable before the 23rd in Europe is.

Last edited:

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Yep, someone's totally gonna leak everything (also joke). It's funny. There are people worried that the whole game will leak because of this, but a 128-bit key isn't going to break so easily :p
Fun fact, with a 128-bit key, there are 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456 (340 duodecillion) different combinations. Or, about 829 quintillion times the number of seconds since the beginning of the universe (roughly 410,240,038,000,000,000). Ain't nobody brute forcing that any time soon.

Good riddance to them and their datamining then. Datamining everything, not caring about anyone who wants to be left surprised... Who the heck do they think they are?!
I hope you're joking... I mean, you're in the datamine thread. If you don't want to be spoiled, you're not exactly helping yourself. And if you're here because you got spoiled elsewhere, then I highly doubt it was the dataminers themselves that spoiled you. All the SuMo dataminer did was post Youtube videos and a couple of Twitter pics, so unless you were following him (which makes it your own fault) or clicked on a video with "SuMo datamine" in the title, it was some other careless person that spoiled you.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Fun fact, with a 128-bit key, there are 340,282,366,920,938,463,463,374,607,431,768,211,456 (340 duodecillion) different combinations. Or, about 829 quintillion times the number of seconds since the beginning of the universe (roughly 410,240,038,000,000,000). Ain't nobody brute forcing that any time soon.

Yeah, which is why this was said about the pre-download:

"If they are prepurchasable, they're still protected by a 128-bit value, which nobody can brute-force before the universe dies."

True techno-jargon poetry right there. :)

Orphalesion

Pity about it not being datamine-able, I would have loved to know the types of the, as of yet, unrevealed Pokemon.

Creyk

What could cause the difference in sizes? I imagine some sort of design difference between the 2 games, maybe in Sun one town looks slightly different than the other and it's that? Can't imagine what else it could be.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
What could cause the difference in sizes? I imagine some sort of design difference between the 2 games, maybe in Sun one town looks slightly different than the other and it's that? Can't imagine what else it could be.

It likely has to do with differences in some of the cutscenes and certain minor variations in overworld assets.

Ah thanks, but I meant images of the pokemon. I have seen some floating around, but can't remember where.

Ah, yeah, sorry, I misread :|

Here, I've got Akala: http://i.imgur.com/vdxi0k5.png

And Poni: http://i.imgur.com/jgjSKfK.png

Try as I might, I cannot find similar layouts for Melemele or Ula'Ula. Sorry :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.