• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Did you even watch at Ash...? His eyes were sparkling and he smiled afterwards. Of course he didn't react much because of surprice but you can clearly see emotions on his face.

For like a second they shimmered, and everyone else reacted in a far more visible way, even though I'm sure they were surprised.

Also, I was making a joke more than anything else. :p

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Review copies are out and the first few shops (gamestop) have the game already this weekend, it's only a matter of time till it leaks.

Stores might break street date (again), but no reviewer would be dumb enough to leak the game, as that would mean never getting a review copy again if the get caught.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Well, this is going to be interesting.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Looks like the time has come, meanwhile, I got overly excited when I got a delivery to my house, a tad disappointed it's not an incredibly early copy of Sun

Nave

Based on what we know...

Sun:
Decidueye
Lycanroc (Midday)
Mudsdale
Salandit2
Tapu Bulu
Turtonater

Moon:
Incineroar
Tapu Koko
Alolan Marowak
Lurantis
Alolan Raichu
K'ommo-o or Alolan Exeggutor? (this one's pretty open)

Grassy Terrain and Sandstorm in Sun; Electric Terrain and Sunny Day in Moon :)

Grey Wind

I don't ever remember reviewers leaking the game, I wouldn't expect anything just because they have their copies. It'll be at least another week before street dates start getting broken and we get some info.

GDK

Well US shops better not break the street date or else europe will take the blame for it one more time and the next poakemon game will be further delayed there.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
I keep occasionally making whale noises in my head when I remember the wait. US election and a busy week at work should make time fly but even then it's almost three more weeks to go for Europe, aaaaahhh.

I hope Wimpod's evo is revealed before the game comes out or someone can confirm its typing, I've been trying to find a good team balance and things could shuffle around if it turns out to not be water/bug.

Maybe starting the gave five days late will allow me to trade for 'mons I can get only later in the game. The daycare better be around somewhere early so I can make offspring to name. Any ideas which part of the map could represent it? Or might it have been replaced entirely with Poké Pelago, that could be interesting.

I gotta say, while I don't mind the 'low' number of new mons, if we had more new ones around making an all-alola team would be easier to do from start to end as you play rather than using temporary substitutes until you get to the last third of the game. I just don't like raising 'mons I don't want to have on my end team, I end up playing most games with only 2-3 pokémon on my team for the first few towns plus an HM slave.

shadowF

I don't ever remember reviewers leaking the game, I wouldn't expect anything just because they have their copies. It'll be at least another week before street dates start getting broken and we get some info.

I think I remember a reviewer posted on 4chan saying that he was a reviewer and he reviewed Pokemon X and Y and that it had a terrible postgame, there were very few new pokemon and all you basically do postgame is capture one of the legendary birds. Everyone did not believe him and made fun of him until they found out that it was true all along.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I wonder if any information will be leaked from the reviewers. I'm really interested to know the names and types of the new Pokemon, especially Salandit's evolution. It's one of my favourite new designs so I'd love to know more about it. I'd also like to know exactly how Hyper Training's mechanics works and how to obtain the Bottle Caps. Want to get myself a 6IV Ditto as soon as possible so I can start MMing for a shiny Decidueye.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I wonder if any information will be leaked from the reviewers. I'm really interested to know the names and types of the new Pokemon, especially Salandit's evolution. It's one of my favourite new designs so I'd love to know more about it. I'd also like to know exactly how Hyper Training's mechanics works and how to obtain the Bottle Caps. Want to get myself a 6IV Ditto as soon as possible so I can start MMing for a shiny Decidueye.

Reviewers won't be leaking anything, because if they do, TPCi and Nintendo won't be sending them review copies anymore. It's just not worth it to them.

At the earliest, I'd say we might get some street date breakage come Friday, since early copy leaks one week prior to launch always seems to be the theme with Pokemon games. (but, given X & Y's whole hullabaloo, don't be surprised if we don't get [m]any leaks)

Orphalesion

Hard to believe that once again we are nearly at the end of the line for a new release. Soon we can go to Alola ;182;

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Hard to believe that once again we are nearly at the end of the line for a new release. Soon we can go to Alola ;182;

And for some reason, ;182; Bellossom ;182; can't be found there. Really, GF? Your French Region had Mr. Mime, your American Region gave us Braviary, so why can't your Hawaiian Region have a hula dancing plant creature?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
And for some reason, ;182; Bellossom ;182; can't be found there. Really, GF? Your French Region had Mr. Mime, your American Region gave us Braviary, so why can't your Hawaiian Region have a hula dancing plant creature?
Because the demo data doesn't hold everything GF is weird.

But speaking of Mr. Mime, I'm kind of surprised he didn't get an Alola form.

Because the demo data doesn't hold everything GF is weird.

But speaking of Mr. Mime, I'm kind of surprised he didn't get an Alola form.

I think it's because they know how unpopular it is, so they don't want to advertise it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.