• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodpeople25

And for some reason, ;182; Bellossom ;182; can't be found there. Really, GF? Your French Region had Mr. Mime, your American Region gave us Braviary, so why can't your Hawaiian Region have a hula dancing plant creature?
Braviary was made for the region and it's not like we didn't get any new Hawaiian based Pokemon,(forms) and being a mime isn't the only possible reason for that line to be in Kalos, for one it just got the fairy type and only 2 lines that share that trait weren't in the rather large Kalos Dex (And togepi was in the friend safari and to my knowledge has always been post game outside of johto)

I get that it's something to point out, but I don't see how it really means much beyond that. If there were NO Hawaiian elements that would be weird. (Same goes for the title really)

Orphalesion

Well Bellossom's Pokedex entries frequently state that colonies of that Pokemon live in the tropics. Of course, Alola and Hawaii aren't the entirety of the tropics and it's perfectly possible that Oddish just never reached those particular islands. Maybe the Pokedex entries are talking about the Poke-Earth equivalent of Indonesia (where the Rafflesia Arnoldii, the flower Giflor is based on grows)

It might just be us Westerners who link Bellossom to Hawaiian dancers and nothing else. Some Indonesian traditional dancers I've seen also look somewhat similar to Bellossom.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I think it's because they know how unpopular it is, so they don't want to advertise it too much.
I wouldn't really say Pokémon like Raichu or Muk are popular, yet they still got Alola forms.

goodpeople25

In this case I think there's a distinction between being considered unpopular and not popular, or just that there are varying degrees.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
I wouldn't really say Pokémon like Raichu or Muk are popular, yet they still got Alola forms.

Actually all my friends has Muk on their teams in Red and Blue. I know 5 of the Alolan pokemon that used to have on my team in blue and Red as well. They might not be so popular these days. But they probably was when Red and blue come out.

Sarleekotcam

The Real Tsareena
Didn't someone determine Pokedex numbers based on what was found in the datamine? I'm making a living dex and just got Magearna from the collectible lunch box, but since there's no official dex number for it yet there's only dashes in that spot.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Didn't someone determine Pokedex numbers based on what was found in the datamine? I'm making a living dex and just got Magearna from the collectible lunch box, but since there's no official dex number for it yet there's only dashes in that spot.

I believe so, and according to the dex(National), Magearna should be... #801?

Orphalesion

Actually all my friends has Muk on their teams in Red and Blue. I know 5 of the Alolan pokemon that used to have on my team in blue and Red as well. They might not be so popular these days. But they probably was when Red and blue come out.

Well don't forget it was easier for a Pokemon to be popular/widely used back then because there were only 151 of those critters, but personally i don't recall any of my friends using Muk. I can say the only three I used were Ninetales, Sandslash and Marowak. though I have always been very picky about which Pokemon I want to use.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
In this case I think there's a distinction between being considered unpopular and not popular, or just that there are varying degrees.

More like you have the popular Pokemon: Charizard, Pikachu, Greninja, Lucario, Mewtwo, etc... You know, those big stars of the franchise, that anybody would know.

Popular Pokemon from specific gens that current Pokemon fans know like Chandelure, Scizor, Gardevoir, Butterfree, Lapras, Aegislash, Garchomp, etc... Pokemon that are quite popular within the community.

The Pokemon that aren't too popular but aren't totally forgotten like Tropius, Marowak, Cinccino, Ditto, Staraptor, etc... Pretty much Pokemon that are entirely up in the air and debatable.

Then Pokemon that are quite unpopular/forgotten like Stantler, Castform, Seaking, Lumineon, etc... The Pokemon that are largely overlooked and usually forgotten.

At least that's how I see it.

Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Thunder Trainer
Well don't forget it was easier for a Pokemon to be popular/widely used back then because there were only 151 of those critters, but personally i don't recall any of my friends using Muk. I can say the only three I used were Ninetales, Sandslash and Marowak. though I have always been very picky about which Pokemon I want to use.

Well I didn't used Muk as well. Lol But yeah, people mostly used their favorite Pokémon. Sometime, our favorite isn't as popular. Seaking is one of my favorite. However, no one used it. As long with some others.

goodpeople25

More like you have the popular Pokemon: Charizard, Pikachu, Greninja, Lucario, Mewtwo, etc... You know, those big stars of the franchise, that anybody would know.

Popular Pokemon from specific gens that current Pokemon fans know like Chandelure, Scizor, Gardevoir, Butterfree, Lapras, Aegislash, Garchomp, etc... Pokemon that are quite popular within the community.

The Pokemon that aren't too popular but aren't totally forgotten like Tropius, Marowak, Cinccino, Ditto, Staraptor, etc... Pretty much Pokemon that are entirely up in the air and debatable.

Then Pokemon that are quite unpopular/forgotten like Stantler, Castform, Seaking, Lumineon, etc... The Pokemon that are largely overlooked and usually forgotten.

At least that's how I see it.
Yeah that's a good setup for the degrees but in regards to the post I was responding to, I was more trying to make a distinction of why certain pokemon are "unpopular" (well to the majority) along with how much they are. Like which just aren't thought of and those who are unpopular becuase of being disliked often .

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
So apparently someone got either sun or moon early through illegal means? It looks like the entire game might leak out soon.

So apparently someone got either sun or moon early through illegal means? It looks like the entire game might leak out soon.

Oh god no. Whatever happens, Serebii must not find it.

GDK

I hope he is american so you feel the pain of getting the next game later than the world.

Also the dump is supposed to happen this week end, but still nothing so I guess it was just false alarm?

Last edited:

Shadowclaw191

I'm with you, and Tsareena is definitely the result of someone spending too much time ogling Jeanne from Bayonetta.

I don't care if people see a design as more feminine or masculine, as long as its a good, well thought out creature.

Oh, and while I can agree on Tsareena being weird (I like her fine, but she's a bit odd), I will likely use one anyway seeing as it will mean getting to raise a Steenee, and Steenee is the best.

Late reply. But Bounsweet is based off the mangosteen right? So how is it weird that it basically evolved to a queen figure?

I mean... The mangosteen has another name, aka the Queen of Fruits.

Bounsweet, evolves to a queenly fruity pokemon. The design is spectacular.
Also... Is there gonna be a Durian pokemon to be the king of Fruits?

I hope he is american so you feel the pain of getting the next game later than the world.

Also the dump is supposed to happen this week end, but still nothing so I guess it was just false alarm?

Maybe it's happening soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.