• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Looking at it's placement in the dex order it's right in there among the water pokemon that get caught via fishing so it's highly likely to be part water and caught by fishing.

That doesn't mean anything in regards to it's typing though, like I said Stunfisk is a solid example of being a fish, but not water-typed. Same thing could happen here.

TyLogic

That doesn't mean anything in regards to it's typing though, like I said Stunfisk is a solid example of being a fish, but not water-typed. Same thing could happen here.

Well, if I'm correct, Stunfisk was initially supposed to be a Water-type, but it was changed for balance purposes.

Gohankuten

Yes but stunfisk was not found in the middle of a group of pokemon caught via fishing. It was in a marsh amongst a lot of other non-water types. Crown of Thorns-mon is surrounded by water types that are caught by fishing which heavily suggests it itself is caught by fishing and as far as I can remember there has never been a pokemon caught by fishing that wasn't part Water type. Doesn't mean GF could change it but this heavily hints at Crown of Thorns being part Water.

glacialcat

Yes but stunfisk was not found in the middle of a group of pokemon caught via fishing. It was in a marsh amongst a lot of other non-water types. Crown of Thorns-mon is surrounded by water types that are caught by fishing which heavily suggests it itself is caught by fishing and as far as I can remember there has never been a pokemon caught by fishing that wasn't part Water type. Doesn't mean GF could change it but this heavily hints at Crown of Thorns being part Water.

Dratini. Also Dragalgae but it evolves from something that is part Water.

Gohankuten

Dratini. Also Dragalgae but it evolves from something that is part Water.

Completely forgot bout Dratini being caught by fishing. And the point bout Dragalgae means it could be repeated this gen with the pre-evo Crown of Thorns being Water/(Steel/Poison) and then it evolves into Steel/Poison dropping the Water. Still though whichever the case the evidence strongly points towards Water being part of it type somewhere in there.

future.newyorker

Just a heads up, it's not "in the middle of a group of Pokémon that are caught via fishing" unless Lillipup can be caught by fishing and no one told me. It comes at the END of a group of water Pokémon, and before a group of land Pokémon, therefore; it could be any type it wants to be.

Gohankuten

Just a heads up, it's not "in the middle of a group of Pokémon that are caught via fishing" unless Lillipup can be caught by fishing and no one told me. It comes at the END of a group of water Pokémon, and before a group of land Pokémon, therefore; it could be any type it wants to be.

It's still got Shellder and Cloyster behind it separating it from the land pokemon and is sandwiched on either side by fishing pokemon which heavily hints towards it being caught by fishing.

106 Tentacool (Surf/Fish)
107 Tentacruel
108 Finneon (Fish)
109 Lumineon
110 Wishiwashi
111 Luvdisc (Fish)
112 Corsola (Fish/Dive)
113 [Blue hair purple thing]
114 [[Blue hair purple thing] Evo]
115 Shellder (Fish)
116 Cloyster

There is the group of pokemon it's in when listed in the Alola Regional Dex which I added in () next to them encounter method from past Gens. As you can see they are all fishable pokemon (wishiwashi is unknown atm but given it's placement it probably get caught by fishing as well) with only the first one being a Surf pokemon. It just seems highly unlikely for the pokemon not to be caught by fishing which makes it hughly unlikely for it not to be a Water type in some way.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Completely forgot bout Dratini being caught by fishing. And the point bout Dragalgae means it could be repeated this gen with the pre-evo Crown of Thorns being Water/(Steel/Poison) and then it evolves into Steel/Poison dropping the Water. Still though whichever the case the evidence strongly points towards Water being part of it type somewhere in there.

No it really doesn't. It just means that it's found via water, just because you can fish it up doesn't immediately mean it must be a water type, and we don't even know if we can fish this thing up or not. It's likely it could be a Skrelp > Dragalge situation where it starts out as water and drops it for another type upon evolving, just like it's possible that it isn't even water to begin with.

goodpeople25

No it really doesn't. It just means that it's found via water, just because you can fish it up doesn't immediately mean it must be a water type, and we don't even know if we can fish this thing up or not. It's likely it could be a Skrelp > Dragalge situation where it starts out as water and drops it for another type upon evolving, just like it's possible that it isn't even water to begin with.
It's possible yes, but it dosen't mean it's likely (it still has alot more pointing toward water type)or that the few previous examples really means that much in this context. (Dosen't seem to be a marsh dwelling pokemon like stunfisk or being both a dragon and being introduced during the different circumstances of gen I.)

future.newyorker

It's still got Shellder and Cloyster behind it separating it from the land pokemon and is sandwiched on either side by fishing pokemon which heavily hints towards it being caught by fishing.

There is the group of pokemon it's in when listed in the Alola Regional Dex which I added in () next to them encounter method from past Gens. As you can see they are all fishable pokemon (wishiwashi is unknown atm but given it's placement it probably get caught by fishing as well) with only the first one being a Surf pokemon. It just seems highly unlikely for the pokemon not to be caught by fishing which makes it hughly unlikely for it not to be a Water type in some way.

However; when looking at it in the island dex (which is where I initially viewed it), it isn't surrounded by fishable Pokémon as my last post stated. And the order of the island dexes are usually the order in which they can be found in the game. So seeing as it is between water-locked Pokémon and land-locked Pokémon, you can't really say that it is for sure going to be found in the water, or that is is any more likely going to be a water type.

IMG_2676.jpg

pOlarizer

Maybe it's going to be found in some sea grass rather than fishing?

Also, will the new evolutionary stone be an Ice Stone? Since Vuplix needed a Fire Stone to evolve to Ninetails and now it is Ice type. It could also be used for Crabrawler and maybe Eevee?

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
Looking at the regional dex and the order of all Pokemon as they appear first on islands, we might be able to tell what some of the unknown mons are in terms of typing. Alolan Golem might be Rock/Electric being placed next to Electivire line. Alolan Dugtrio might become a Rock typing, as well. From that we can assume that the Anchor for example is part Water. The Sea Urchin being water, as well.

maybe we can assume region exclusives from that too?
Thinking Braviary/Mandibuzz llines, Ariados/Ledian, ?Drifblim(?)/Mismagius, Vanilluxe/Glalie ,any other ideas?

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
There are 81 Gen 7 Pokémon introduced -- including 8 Legendaries, 8 Ultra Beasts, 2 Mythicals.

8 legends?

Ok, the tapus, the cover duo and...?

Are you refering to Cosmog and the "galaxy eye"?

Also, I'm surprised that Marshadow is an event. I was expecting it'd be a Zygarde-esque legend.

sheld999

8 legends?

Ok, the tapus, the cover duo and...?

Are you refering to Cosmog and the "galaxy eye"?

Also, I'm surprised that Marshadow is an event. I was expecting it'd be a Zygarde-esque legend.

has it been confirmed that marshadow was a event or different ?

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness

Not confirmed but the fact that it's the last Pokemon in the Pokedex indicates it.

I think that Marshadow will be star of the new and only movie from S/M as Switch will lunch soon and most likely have a new Pokemon game.

Jadgirl04

Lilac Dungeoneer

We're not sure I think? I think people are assuming it's a mythical since it's the last in the dex and after Magearna. That and it's tiny. We don't even know for certain that it is Marshadow, or possibly just the preevo to Marshadow. They could pull another Zygarde on us and add data in the next game that would let it evolve.

Edit: greninja'd XD

Galvantula1992

Just to throw a cat amongst the pidgeons:

XY were released on 12th October and started leaking on 1st October, 11 days in advance of release.
SM are released on 18th November and today is the 7th November, 11 days in advance of release.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Just to throw a cat amongst the pidgeons:

XY were released on 12th October and started leaking on 1st October, 11 days in advance of release.
SM are released on 18th November and today is the 7th November, 11 days in advance of release.

Are you psychic? Because someone with a leaked cart started posting on 4chan (link will not be provided as to avoid trouble). They aren't data dumping it, but this means it will only be a matter before the full game gets dropped.

So, to all those it concerns, now would be the time to start up your radio silence.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
I'm really hoping the crown-of-thorns is Dark/Fairy, to be honest. If it is, it will earn a spot on my team.

That's one of the rumoured typings for Marshadow iirc, which would be very interesting indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.