• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I saw a post offsite that mentioned some Pokemon got new abilities like Torkoal/Drought and Gigalith/Sand Stream but I can't find the source to this anywhere. Is there one?

Xuxuba

Makes no sense for an archer to be slow, but whatever, i'm picking popplio anyway.

Hope the rumour about being able to travel to Vermilion, Olivine, Slateport, Canalave, Castelia and Coumarine city is true.

Ver-mont

I saw a post offsite that mentioned some Pokemon got new abilities like Torkoal/Drought and Gigalith/Sand Stream but I can't find the source to this anywhere. Is there one?

I've been told that too.

And something about Pikipek's final evolution being Grass/Flying.

I don't know what's the source, though, I'd really like to know where that comes from.

I think that considering the breaking of conventions and trying to do something new to be a bad thing is even more sad, but that's just me.

It's not a bad thing, per se. Just as it's not necessarily a good thing, per se.

It all depends on the circumstances.

(And I'm not saying this particular case is a bad thing)

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Makes no sense for an archer to be slow, but whatever, i'm picking popplio anyway.

Hope the rumour about being able to travel to Vermilion, Olivine, Slateport, Canalave, Castelia and Coumarine city is true.

It does, actually. Standing still to line up a shot doesn't really speak much to speed.

Kangaflora

Okay so Pikipek's evo, Rowlet's evo's stats, did I miss anything? Has anything else been leaked?

The Pokémon in question is named Trumbeak. He is the evolved form of Pikipek. Though I am disappointed in Rowlet's bad speed. (This reply is going by what has accidentally been leaked today.)

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Huh...

So we're getting two slower, bulky starters? That hasn't happened since Gen 1, has it? I guess we're celebrating 20 years of Pokemon in more ways than one!

Kind of makes me feel a bit prematurely smug as having chose Popplio. Even if it doesn't get Aurora Veil, it will probably be the superior wall. Yet as a potential Rooster with Leech Seed, I think there is a lot of potential for Rowlet, even with its weaknesses.

And the funny thing is the two starters were grass and water then and it's grass and water now

Decidueye has to have a great movepool and attack/spatk stat though or else it won't be too good. Gourgeist and Trevenant are both bulky Grass/Ghost types and only Trevenant is somewhat useful because of it having access to Harvest and Horn Leech. Though weakness wise, Decidueye is weak to ghost, dark, fire, flying, and ice so that isn't too much, but all of those types are usually offensive types, so that isn't good either.

Primarina is already great just by the fact it has one of the best defensive typings and seems to be bulky, so yay.

Sakuraba

Did Trumbeak (I ****ing love that name) learned Rock Smash naturally or was it teached by TM? It could become a Fighting/Flying-Type.

DrakeKoryu

Did Trumbeak (I ****ing love that name) learned Rock Smash naturally or was it teached by TM? It could become a Fighting/Flying-Type.

Since Pikipek has Rock Smash in the demo I believe is naturally learnt, so it might as well become Fighting/Flying, although I think that typing was best for Staraptor but meh.

Bus

Rock Smash is spread pretty generously, so I wouldn't get too hyped up...It may learn it naturally because its a woodpecker-type bird thats meant to smash things open with its beak. Fighting/Flying would be pretty cool though. it would be just the second one, right? I think only Hawlucha has that typing.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

That is a possibility, so is Dark/Flying too. Toucans aren't as cute and innocent as they seem! I'd say it could go either way with the emphasis on the strong beak, but I'd have to guess TM.

Xuxuba

It does, actually. Standing still to line up a shot doesn't really speak much to speed.

You need to be fast in order to shoot someone before they attack you. Archers are supposed to be fast, that's why pretty much every RPG's archer needs mainly agility and precision.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
You need to be fast in order to shoot someone before they attack you. Archers are supposed to be fast, that's why pretty much every RPG's archer needs mainly agility and precision.

Archer's are meant to be silent and hidden, so why would someone who can't see you attack you? Stealth isn't always quick, especially in an archer's case.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer

You mix up archers with cowboys, which had to be fast to shoot someone. An archer uses stealth and strikes without getting noticed. Once he is found out the archer mostly has to move spots and start hiding again. Also speed is irrelevant, because he'd never be in face-to-face combat.
Game-wise it strikes me rather to have a high critical hit ratio, some priority moves that circumvent protect/detect/substitute. No speed needed then, but I'm reaching here and this is basically my wishful thinking.

glacialcat

Eh, this is true in some RPGs but definitely not "pretty much every." In Disgaea Archers have bad Speed Growth but good accuracy and attack growth. Final Fantasy Tactics archers have the same speed, movement, and evasion rates as Knights. It's all over the place in the Fire Emblem series, some have Speed the second fastest growth rate for snipers after skill and some have it as worse than attack. And while it isn't an archer, compare to the X-Com series where snipers have terrible movement rates because they can't move and shoot in the same turn (without perks).

Really the strange thing about Decidueye is the high defenses. Not familiar with high defenses for basically any sniper in any game.

Akashin

It's not a bad thing, per se. Just as it's not necessarily a good thing, per se.

It all depends on the circumstances.

(And I'm not saying this particular case is a bad thing)

Well, sure. But I'd rather see them take that chance and gamble on it being for better or worse than see them play it safe and keep doing the same thing.

And like Orphalesion said, if a given convention has no reason to stick around beyond the fact that it's been what they've done up until now, there's no good reason not to stray away from it.

Grey Wind

I've been told that too.

And something about Pikipek's final evolution being Grass/Flying.

I don't know what's the source, though, I'd really like to know where that comes from.

These sorts of things always fly around as games are leaking, I wouldn't put much stock into it until we get some concrete evidence. I remember hearing about Illusion Weavile and champion Bianca during BW's leak.

R_N

These sorts of things always fly around as games are leaking, I wouldn't put much stock into it until we get some concrete evidence. I remember hearing about Illusion Weavile and champion Bianca during BW's leak.

Swimming Goggles never forget

my starmie is going to be op, just you wait

LoveMcQueen5683

And the funny thing is the two starters were grass and water then and it's grass and water now

Decidueye has to have a great movepool and attack/spatk stat though or else it won't be too good. Gourgeist and Trevenant are both bulky Grass/Ghost types and only Trevenant is somewhat useful because of it having access to Harvest and Horn Leech. Though weakness wise, Decidueye is weak to ghost, dark, fire, flying, and ice so that isn't too much, but all of those types are usually offensive types, so that isn't good either.

Primarina is already great just by the fact it has one of the best defensive typings and seems to be bulky, so yay.

What is so special about water/fairy?

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

Where did that rumour come from? Part of me would love that idea, but then part of me hates the idea of being able to go to these cities but not being able to go any further because of some silly reason, like a blackout or construction.

Status
Not open for further replies.