• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

glacialcat

Yeah, i edited that out a few seconds later after i posted it.
"only 5 weaknesses" only? having 5 weaknesses is a lot, especially when most of those weaknesses are extremely common attacks.

That is the thing, he is not a defensive sniper. 95 def is good if you compare it to a pikachu, but there are pokemon with far more better defenses than that. He isn't agile and he isn't bulky, he is mediocre.

"Only" as in "less than 7" which was what I responded to. It is still a significant amount. Where exactly have you heard 95 DEF anyway? As far as I know we only have Dartrix's stats, and even then we cannot narrow it down any further than a range of stats (with 85 being the high end, I believe).

Oni Dekopin

Yeah, i edited that out a few seconds later after i posted it.
"only 5 weaknesses" only? having 5 weaknesses is a lot, especially when most of those weaknesses are extremely common attacks.

That is the thing, he is not a defensive sniper. 95 def is good if you compare it to a pikachu, but there are pokemon with far more better defenses than that. He isn't agile and he isn't bulky, he is mediocre.

lol why so negative ? we still don't know its stats, movepool and HA and yet you're claiming it's " mediocre ".

Xuxuba

"Only" as in "less than 7" which was what I responded to. It is still a significant amount. Where exactly have you heard 95 DEF anyway? As far as I know we only have Dartrix's stats, and even then we cannot narrow it down any further than a range of stats (with 85 being the high end, I believe).
According to a lot of fansites, the leaker posted the final's evolution stats:
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KJVPHtzi...z8hAi7m2x0wCLcB/s1600/IMG-20161107-WA0007.jpg

Your explanation as to why they decided to make a defensive sniper doesn't make sense either. Defense in this game means being to receive low damage from attacks and not avoid them by being far-away.

lol why so negative ? we still don't know its stats, movepool and HA and yet you're claiming it's " mediocre ".

I'm talking about the pokemon's defense, which is mainly determinated by typing and stats. There are just a few abilities that improve greatly the defensive power of a pokemon, like Fur coat and Thick Fat, and none of them would fit Decidueye. I doubt his HA will involve anything like that either.

Last edited:

XXD17

Draco rex
What is so special about water/fairy?

It's a great defensive typing and a decent offensive combo...

It resists dark, fighting, ice and fire, which are some of the most common offensive move types. With scald and moonblast (assuming that primarina gets it), it can at least touch everything. This means it will be hard to stall for a wall considering that both of those moves have pretty nasty side effects.

R_N

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-KJVPHtzi...z8hAi7m2x0wCLcB/s1600/IMG-20161107-WA0007.jpg

Your explanation as to why they decided to make a defensive sniper doesn't make sense either. Defense in this game means being to receive low damage from attacks and not avoid them by being far-away.

how did the leaker post the final stats when last we (I???) saw he only had a dartrix and hadnt properly started Akala

Rhynox

Personally hate being a negative nancy, but as far as decidueyes speed goes, being an archer does mean it should have high speed. Reason is simple - it should hit the target before it gets hit. Surely no one can argue that. So thematically it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Buuuut I don't really care, my favourite type is grass and I love bulky mons (inb4 if it gets cold enough) and I couldn't be happier. I do hope it gets an awesome new HA though

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Personally hate being a negative nancy, but as far as decidueyes speed goes, being an archer does mean it should have high speed. Reason is simple - it should hit the target before it gets hit. Surely no one can argue that. So thematically it doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Buuuut I don't really care, my favourite type is grass and I love bulky mons (inb4 if it gets cold enough) and I couldn't be happier. I do hope it gets an awesome new HA though

This, I think, is the biggest divisive factor in these discussions; the stats for pokemon are rather vague and they don't always have good correlation to real world scenarios or even other games. Yes, Decidueye should, theoretically, be able to hit before it is hit itself. But thematically, it should rely on stealth to avoid being attacked first, which doesn't fit having a high speed. Unfortunately, there isn't a "stealth" stat. Evasion is closest, but isn't a main stat. *shrugs* Perhaps its Hidden Ability will give it a stealth feature.

glacialcat

This seems unusual and outside the leaker's MO. If these are the stats of Decidueye, then it is not particularly grand (and once again, I was not arguing it would be good). But not sure I buy it.

And well, that is exactly my point. GameFreak does not have any mechanic that would allow them to replicate this facet of archers. Even early Final Fantasy games had a "row" system that allowed you to place Archers in the backrow to reduce their damage taken to replicate this. It's a different solution to the same problem: How to make archers more defensive in a game that does not have positioning.

If your concept for a new Pokemon was "Ranged attacker that doesn't get hit a lot because it is stealthy," the only ways to do this would be to give it high defenses or an ability that increased its evasion somehow. I'm not sure there's any other ways to make this concept work.

Xuxuba

Even if the final evolution''s stats are not real, the defensive stats of his previous evolution isn't all that special either and it's extremely unlikely that his defense will be way bigger, so calling Decidueye a defensive sniper still doesn't make much sense to me if we take into account what we already know about him and his previous evolution

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
It could be that they will show Decidueye's attack speed by simply having it learn a number of priority moves, either naturally or via breeding. Or perhaps its stats will switch as dramatically as its typing did. We'll just have to see.

Regardless, I will be obsessively refreshing that 4chan archive page for the foreseeable future. ^_^ Glad to see too that he says he won't be posting much images regarding the story, instead focusing on new pokemon.

XXD17

Draco rex
It could be that they will show Decidueye's attack speed by simply having it learn a number of priority moves, either naturally or via breeding. Or perhaps its stats will switch as dramatically as its typing did. We'll just have to see.

Regardless, I will be obsessively refreshing that 4chan archive page for the foreseeable future. ^_^ Glad to see too that he says he won't be posting much images regarding the story, instead focusing on new pokemon.

I agree. I just want to know for certain if we have all the Pokémon or not. I'm not holding my breath of course, but I just want this to be solidly confirmed.

CakeForYou

That image was uploaded by another 4chan poster to rub Decidueye fans' noses in the Rowlet line's current sluggishness. The leaker hadn't evolved Dartrix before he stopped posting.

Last edited:

Xuxuba

I'm picking popplio anyway, so idrc if Decidueye is slow af. If anything i'm happy that Primarina will probably become the superior choice after all the hate that Popplio received just bc of it's clown nose lol

DSDark

Breeder
Where did we get the information for what pokemon Hala has?

Oni Dekopin

I'm picking popplio anyway, so idrc if Decidueye is slow af. If anything i'm happy that Primarina will probably become the superior choice after all the hate that Popplio received just bc of it's clown nose lol

would you be so kind to stop hating on it then, since you don't care either way ? thanks.

Dialga101010

Dragon Trainer

Dialga101010

Dragon Trainer
would you be so kind to stop hating on it then, since you don't care either way ? thanks.

That person wasn't hating on anything. They were just explaining that they think primarina would be the best given the current chain of thought and how that makes them happy. I think we should all just chill out until we get the final evo stats for real. The middle evo isn't always indicative of the final evo's stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.