• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Gen 6 decided to introduce 4 pokemon/2 familiies that were both grass/ghost

oh true, forgot about them.

still, i have a feeling that spiderbell is going to be a different typing, it's evolution looks like it could be any typing

also Decidueye can learn Pluck, Sucker Punch, Spirit Shackle, and Razor Leaf. So it being slow won't really matter since it has access to something as good as Sucker Punch. It also seems like a bulky mixed attacker.

Leaker's Lurantis has Leaf Blade, Petal Blizzard, Growth, and Slash this one seems like a slow physical attacker. Gumshoos has Bite, Super Fang, Pursuit, and Sand Attack. Leaker claims that Gumshoos isn't interesting at all and it looks weak, slow, with some good attack. Toucannon has Drill Peck, Fury Attack, Pluck, and Rock Smash. Glad it has access to Drill Peck, few Pokemon do, appears to be a bulky physical attacker. Salazzle finally breaks the bulky trend and is a fast, frail, special attacker it has access to Captivate, Flame Burst, Dragon Rage, and Nasty Plot. Wishiwashi is hella garbo in solo form, but School form appears to have insane bulk and physical attack, but it's also very slow too has access to Beat Up, Dive, Brine, and Take Down.

Interesting bunch so far.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Shadow Shackle is 80 BP.

Wimpod evolves into Golisopod, which is also Bug/Water.

Also, earlier today someone leaked/correctly guessed Toucannon's name. They also made these claims:

- pikipek to trumbeak to toucannon
- load of pokemon got boosts
- GENGAR LOST LEVITATE
- Gigalith with Sand Stream, Vanilluxe with Snow Warning

Last edited:

future.newyorker

oh true, forgot about them.

still, i have a feeling that spiderbell is going to be a different typing, it's evolution looks like it could be any typing

also Decidueye can learn Pluck, Sucker Punch, Spirit Shackle, and Razor Leaf. So it being slow won't really matter since it has access to something as good as Sucker Punch. It also seems like a bulky mixed attacker.

Leaker's Lurantis has Leaf Blade, Petal Blizzard, Growth, and Slash this one seems like a slow physical attacker. Gumshoos has Bite, Super Fang, Pursuit, and Sand Attack. Leaker claims that Gumshoos isn't interesting at all and it looks weak, slow, with some good attack. Toucannon has Drill Peck, Fury Attack, Pluck, and Rock Smash. Glad it has access to Drill Peck, few Pokemon do, appears to be a bulky physical attacker. Salazzle finally breaks the bulky trend and is a fast, frail, special attacker it has access to Captivate, Flame Burst, Dragon Rage, and Nasty Plot. Wishiwashi is hella garbo in solo form, but School form appears to have insane bulk and physical attack, but it's also very slow too has access to Beat Up, Dive, Brine, and Take Down.

Interesting bunch so far.

The leaker having a Gumshoos also puts down the rumor I've heard about Gumshoos being Sun exclusive and A-Raticate being Moon exclusive. For some reason, when they were revealed as version exclusive totems, some people started assuming and started spreading that they were going to be version exclusive Pokémon period.

R_N

It's neat that wishiwashi learns dive, it's not that wide spread a move outside teh HM/tutor.

Same with Beat Up. Only naturally learned by 3 pokemon/2 lines, though it has a fair few egg move recipients.
It's the only fish with it, so I wonder if we'll be able to spread Beat Up around some water types now

knightwolf09

Hold up. Why did Decidueye's defense drop? That was of of the few things it had going for it.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
It's neat that wishiwashi learns dive, it's not that wide spread a move outside teh HM/tutor.

Same with Beat Up. Only naturally learned by 3 pokemon/2 lines, though it has a fair few egg move recipients.
It's the only fish with it, so I wonder if we'll be able to spread Beat Up around some water types now

I thought the same thing. Beat Up could be very good for Wishiwashi School form with that attack stat too.

I was surprised by Sucker Punch on Decidueye, that'll definitely make up for the slow speed. I also expect to see it learn Shadow Sneak too.

J.J. Knight

Shadow Shackle is 80 BP.

Also, earlier today someone leaked/correctly guessed Toucannon's name. They also made these claims:

- GENGAR LOST LEVITATE

Wait, really? Like, lost it all together or Gengar has a secondary ability? What did it gain instead?

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Decidueye's approximate stats from Smogon:

85 / 105 / 80 / 105 / 105 / 65

approximate decidueye stats

So an extremely bulky Grass/Ghost type, at least it has a decent movepool I guess.

R_N

Wait, really? Like, lost it all together or Gengar has a secondary ability? What did it gain instead?

We don't know. It's a single post by another person who seemingly hasn't posted since.

I hope it keeps levitate and just gains a second ability because oh my god yes please give all the levitate pokemon secondary abilities please

Shadowclaw191

Woah... Binacle plz get it.
Somehow...
Tough Claws Beat Up. :O

AmethystLeslie

I wonder if Pokemon will have former HM moves as part of their levelup moveset. Give Cut to pokemon at lower levels, Strength at 30s-40s range, and the like.

Well, I never said they'd be good choices for pokemon to learn.

GDK

Shadow Shackle is 80 BP.

- GENGAR LOST LEVITATE

Won't beleive it until I see it confirmed, but god those will be PH1RE it that's true.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

I'm actually excited to see if this is true. Gigalith could use Sand Stream to rise up in viability and Vanilluxe might actually be a nice Snow Warning mon'.

Gengar losing levitate would be bittersweet though.

future.newyorker

I find it interesting that the leaker specifically said the game was hard, even with him playing with the exp share on. (Yes, I also know he said he was at Pokémon, but really? This game is targeted toward 10 year olds, he can't be that bad at Pokémon. It really seems like these games might be harder.)

Status
Not open for further replies.