• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Wait, so...

Is there any way to tell what Lurantis' base stats are?

R_N

Woah... Binacle plz get it.
Somehow...
Tough Claws Beat Up. :O

Binacle is in Water 3, which mostly has land dwelling water pokemon. Most fish seem to go into Water 2, so some chain breeding would be required in the best case scenario. Which judging by XY, isnt out of the question, I suppose...

Julia Artemis

Looking at Salazzle's stats it reminds me a lot of a Fire/Poison Heliolisk. Great speed and special attack but horrible defenses. Probably will still use it since none of the other fire pokemon interested me and it's ability is pretty useful. Also Schooling Wishiwashi looks absolutely deadly! Also cool that the starters get special Z moves. Can't wait to see Primaimum Z

Last edited:

glacialcat

Wait, so...

I was trying to start on Decidueye's, but ehhh... it's not easy. You're still going to have a huge range. And the fact that they have EVs makes it annoying since you have to do a lot of guess work on what the exact EV total is. Plus still not knowing IVs. You could get a range but it'd be +/- 20-30 points from an average.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Wait, so...

Maybe? I'd assume it'd be hard to estimate since we don't know the EVs. But the Lurantis they have is Jolly at level 35 and the stat spread is:

108/90/75/62/79/53

So it definitely is a very slow mon' for sure if it is Jolly with that speed.

R_N

I find it interesting that the leaker specifically said the game was hard, even with him playing with the exp share on. (Yes, I also know he said he was at Pokémon, but really? This game is targeted toward 10 year olds, he can't be that bad at Pokémon. It really seems like these games might be harder.)

I know some friends who had difficulty with BW1, XY and ORAS. Different people react...well...differently.

I'm guessing it's about the same as usual, maybe erring towards easier judging by everyone on melemele but Hau & Hala seemingly having 1 pokemon he just is bad at pokemon. He's also probably rushing through the game and making dumb mistakes as he goes

DFang

27yr old Pokefan
Anything in Diglett or Geodude lines? Diglett should have been island #2

R_N

Dewpider is the bell spider thing, another Water/Bug. Nice one.

Guzma also uses Wimpod's evo.

Interestingly, he fought Gladion with 3 pokemon: Sneasle, Type Null, & Golbat (always with the dang golbat). Kind of wonder if he accidentally added Golbat, though, since Plumeria & Guzma only have 2 and the only Gladion fight we've seen with pokeballs in the trailers has been with 2

GDK

dewpider is water/bug apparently but the leaker didn't catch it.

He also didn't catch golisopod he just met him.

DSDark

Breeder
Dewpider is the bell spider thing, another Water/Bug. Nice one.

Guzma also uses Wimpod's evo.

Another bug/water in the same generation. I'm still hoping for an improvement on its evolution type wise

Grey Wind

Interestingly, he fought Gladion with 3 pokemon: Sneasle, Type Null, & Golbat (always with the dang golbat). Kind of wonder if he accidentally added Golbat, though, since Plumeria & Guzma only have 2 and the only Gladion fight we've seen with pokeballs in the trailers has been with 2

Yeah I was wondering about that. I thought maybe they gave Gladion a third mon because he's more of a rival or something, but it could be a mistake. I'm all for him getting a larger team (e: I wish three Pokemon didn't constitute as a larger team).

He spent a while looking for a female Salandit and compared it's encounter rate to combee, I guess Salazzle might be female only.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Another bug/water in the same generation. I'm still hoping for an improvement on its evolution type wise

Same. It's evolution looks too bizarre to be Bug/Water imo, but I also thought that of Golisopod too.

mostly want it to be a different type because i plan on using both in sun

Ver-mont

Same. It's evolution looks too bizarre to be Bug/Water imo, but I also thought that of Golisopod too.

mostly want it to be a different type because i plan on using both in sun

But it's basically just a very stylized diving bell spider with huge bubbles.

Bug/Water for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.