• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sakuraba

I'm don't want plot spoilers, just pokemon spoilers. But I'm afraid they'll come more as he progresses through.

I'm happy with Salazzle and Glisopod. I'm can use the Salan and Pod nicknames for them and still use my planned team. Sure, Deci is, once again, not what I expected. But I really don't care. I used non-competitive 'mons before and I don't plan on stopping that anytime soon.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
UB-01: "grass hit it neutrally, flying hit it not very effective."

So what types could it be and not be?

It could be pure Electric, or Steel/Ground, Steel/Rock, Steel/Water, Electric/Anything grass doesn't hit super effectively, or Rock/Anything Grass hits not very effectively.

ebevan91

UB-01: "grass hit it neutrally, flying hit it not very effective."

So what types could it be and not be?

Neutral:

Normal
Fighting
Ghost
Electric
Psychic
Dark
Fairy

NVE (Flying):

Rock
Steel
Electric

Grass is neutral vs. electric and flying isn't very effective on electric. Only single common typing I could find between them. Then you have water, rock, and crap I was ninja'd.

.Aerodactyl.

It could be pure Electric, or Steel/Ground, Steel/Rock, Steel/Water, Electric/Anything grass doesn't hit super effectively, or Rock/Anything Grass hits not very effectively.

What if UB's are a type, but function like inverse battles cause of their alternate dimensional origin?

lopunnie

Shiinotic keeping the Grass/Fairy typing is an interesting choice! It sounds like its name is shiitake + hypnotic. With the sleep theme, I wonder if it'll get an ability change or Spore, or something similar? I suppose the Morelull line wasn't based on Chlorophyllum molybdites, more likely on something from the Mycena genus. :) Some of them do display traits of "fairy fire" or bioluminescence, and they really resemble Morelull, so it makes sense!

I'm happy with them either way, but I'm surprised they share a type with Tapu Bulu. That makes three typings not unique across evo lines (Primarina and Tapu Fini, Morelull and Tapu Bulu, and Wimpod and Dewpider)...

.Aerodactyl.

I think psyduck is Masuda's favorite pokemon...They might give it some special treatment...but that would mean gengar too...

I think there was also artwork featuring a Psyduck using a z-move somewhere but we couldn't tell if it was a regular or a Psyduck specific z-move which added to the speculation.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Shiinotic keeping the Grass/Fairy typing is an interesting choice! It sounds like its name is shiitake + hypnotic. With the sleep theme, I wonder if it'll get an ability change or Spore, or something similar? I suppose the Morelull line wasn't based on Chlorophyllum molybdites, more likely on something from the Mycena genus. :) Some of them do display traits of "fairy fire" or bioluminescence, and they really resemble Morelull, so it makes sense!

I'm happy with them either way, but I'm surprised they share a type with Tapu Bulu. That makes three typings not unique across evo lines (Primarina and Tapu Fini, Morelull and Tapu Bulu, and Wimpod and Dewpider)...

How was it an interesting choice? It's not like anything hinted at Morelull changing types upon evolution in it's description or anything.

So the only Pokemon left unnamed are:

Sea Urchin/Crown of Thorns line, Dewpider's evo, Crabrawler's evo, Anchor Pokemon, Lunala/Solgaleo's Pre-evo, and the Ultra Beasts.

Sulfurian

Ah, I remember when people shot down claims that UBs aren't pokemon due to the website not labeling them as such. Good times.

Gohankuten

How was it an interesting choice? It's not like anything hinted at Morelull changing types upon evolution in it's description or anything.

So the only Pokemon left unnamed are:

Sea Urchin/Crown of Thorns line, Dewpider's evo, Crabrawler's evo, Anchor Pokemon, Lunala/Solgaleo's Pre-evo, and the Ultra Beasts.

Really waiting to see what the name/types are for those pokemon.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
That's just the impression I got so I could be wrong, but I don't see why he'd waste time looking for a female salandit otherwise.

And Colress? I thought that was just a weird rumour but that's pretty neat. I love cameos.

No, I agree, it wouldn't make sense unless he was just picky with its gender (which isn't impossible considering his team is mostly female, but still). It's just that regardless of whether the evolution was gender locked, I was hoping they wouldn't do another Combee situation where the only gender that can evolve was harder to find, which is looking to be more likely the case unfortunately.

R_N

Ah, I remember when everyone shot down claims that UBs aren't pokemon due to the website not labeling them as such. Good times.

I remember after the datamine people still arguing they weren't pokemon

Slightly less good times

I can't say I expected them to be so forthcoming with the reveal, though.

lopunnie

Oh, I just speculated earlier that it seemed to be based on a poisonous mushroom, so I thought it might change types when it evolves. Shiinotic's creepy grin didn't help any!

You're right though, speculation is just speculation. I guess I'll just have to wait for a different Poison/Fairy!

Status
Not open for further replies.