• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master

R_N

Same I was hoping for Bug/Dragon as well. Looked like the perfect pokemon design to give us that unique typing.

people keep saying this but to me it looked like a giant bug dude in a carapace loin cloth. also: mean. If it lost water i was expecintg, like, fighting or dark or something.

honestly, you get one giant dragon tree and everything looks like a dragon these days...

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
people keep saying this but to me it looked like a giant bug dude in a carapace loin cloth. also: mean. If it lost water i was expecintg, like, fighting or dark or something.

honestly, you get one giant dragon tree and everything looks like a dragon these days...

Yeah, don't get how sooo many people predicted dragon. Dark, fighting, maybe steel could make sense, but dragon?

R_N

Hm, I just realized the leaker hasn't fought the 3rd kahuna yet (or at least not talked about it). When he mentioned the 3rd island stuff, he beat the ghost girl and then did the team skull raid which lead to the aether base raid which i presume lead to more plot stuff.

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I am going to be so disappointed if Salandit's evo is female only. I had already planned to get a male, but it really isn't confirmed till they actually try evolving a male. :/ They just went for a female, 5 encounters to find a female doesn't confirm anything imo. However, if it is true, I'll go ahead and get a female, but will be giving it a masculine name, because I had planned on using it anyway.

Sakuraba

I for one am glad that Glisopod (Gonna have to get used to that name) keeps Water/Bug. If it had to switch types, I wanted it to keep the Water and become Dark, sicne I already had a Bug on my team (Volt) and. But they barely share any weaknesses, so is really not a big deal.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I for one am glad that Glisopod (Gonna have to get used to that name) keeps Water/Bug. If it had to switch types, I wanted it to keep the Water and become Dark, sicne I already had a Bug on my team (Volt) and. But they barely share any weaknesses, so is really not a big deal.

Yeah, get the feel he'll be a slow tank. Don't think he has any 4x weaknesses, should be able to take a hit. And by the look of those claws, will be able to dish them out as well.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
So, I put together a plot synopsis for all those who want a nice overview of what we learned today:

- You arrive in Alola
- You go to find a Kahuna, however encounter Lillie and a bridge collapses, you save Cosmog from falling and are then yourself saved by the island guardian 'Tapu Koko'
- You and Lillie go back to the city where you are given a choice of Pokemon and a small ceremony as a reward
- You then face Ilima's Trial of finding Rattata.
- And encounter Team Skull for the first time.
- Get the Exp. Share. Works like it did in Gen 6.
- Fight Hala (Mankey, Makuhits, Crabrawler)
- You can then go to Akala Island.
- While on Akala Island you are introduced to the idea of Zygarde Cells, including a room where you can combine Zygarde cells you find into the varying forms
- You face 3 Trials on Akala: Mallow, Kiawe, and Lana. Totems confirmed as Lurantis, Salazzle, and Wishiwashi-School.
- Fight Olivia (Nosepass, Boldore, Lycanroc)
- Then you are introduced to Lusamine and visit the Aether Paradise, where you fight UB-01 (Whose name is obscured)
- After you defeat UB-01 you then move onto the third island where the plot thickens and you find yourself facing Guzma. (he has Ariados and Golisopod)
- Arrive on Ula'Ula.
- Ula'Ula has two Trials: Sophocles and Ghost Girl (name not mentioned). Totems confirmed as Vikavolt and Mimikyu.
- You go to 'Po Town' to free it from the clutches from Team Skull
- Plumeria steals Cosmog (aka the Great Cosmic Poot) away from Lillie
- Gladion seems to be a good guy and leads you and Hau to the Aether Base to recover Cosmog
- You find yourself battling through the Aether base discovering that they appear to be evil.

Additional Notes: Gladion's Team (Sneasel, Golbat, Type:Null)
Plumeria's Team (Golbat, Salazzle)

Rowlet

So did Lurantis mention where he got the signature Z-move for Decidueye? Like do you find it somewhere or was it given to him by somebody?

diakyu

Hm, I just realized the leaker hasn't fought the 3rd kahuna yet (or at least not talked about it). When he mentioned the 3rd island stuff, he beat the ghost girl and then did the team skull raid which lead to the aether base raid which i presume lead to more plot stuff.
It goes straight from the takeover of Po City to the raid. After that it must be the 3rd Kahuna then the fourth island for the big finale.

Sakuraba

So, I put together a plot synopsis for all those who want a nice overview of what we learned today:

- You arrive in Alola
- You go to find a Kahuna, however encounter Lillie and a bridge collapses, you save Cosmog from falling and are then yourself saved by the island guardian 'Tapu Koko'
- You and Lillie go back to the city where you are given a choice of Pokemon and a small ceremony as a reward
- You then face Ilima's Trial of finding Rattata.
- And encounter Team Skull for the first time.
- Get the Exp. Share. Works like it did in Gen 6.
- Fight Hala (Mankey, Makuhits, Crabrawler)
- You can then go to Akala Island.
- While on Akala Island you are introduced to the idea of Zygarde Cells, including a room where you can combine Zygarde cells you find into the varying forms
- You face 3 Trials on Akala: Mallow, Kiawe, and Lana. Totems confirmed as Lurantis, Salazzle, and Wishiwashi-School.
- Fight Olivia (Nosepass, Boldore, Lycanroc)
- Then you are introduced to Lusamine and visit the Aether Paradise, where you fight UB-01 (Whose name is obscured)
- After you defeat UB-01 you then move onto the third island where the plot thickens and you find yourself facing Guzma. (he has Ariados and Golisopod)
- Arrive on Ula'Ula.
- Ula'Ula has two Trials: Sophocles and Ghost Girl (name not mentioned). Totems confirmed as Vikavolt and Mimikyu.
- You go to 'Po Town' to free it from the clutches from Team Skull
- Plumeria steals Cosmog (aka the Great Cosmic Poot) away from Lillie
- Gladion seems to be a good guy and leads you and Hau to the Aether Base to recover Cosmog
- You find yourself battling through the Aether base discovering that they appear to be evil.

Additional Notes: Gladion's Team (Sneasel, Golbat, Type:Null)
Plumeria's Team (Golbat, Salazzle)

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
GO PLAY THE GAME, EVERYONE
DON'T LISTEN TO HADES!

(Kudos to you if you get the joke.)

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Hopefully someone can answer these questions:

1) can we get zygarde complete as a stationary form or only 10 and 50 percent?

2) Is the battle against UB-01 the same as a pokemon battle? And type?? Stats?

Also the Aether Foundation theory turned out to be true.

Alola dugtrios typing makes no sense

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

Well...

1) No, Zygarde Complete has to transform from 50% or 10%.

2) It is just a Pokemon, after all, so it works as any battle would. We don't know stats, but it resists Flying and takes neutral damage from Grass, so it is most likely part Electric or Water/Steel.

R_N

can answer 2, to an extent
it works exactly like a pokemon battle except the name is "censored out" (so I presume its jsut ???? like). Resisted flying, neutral to grass. I think it will probably be Water/Steel, but there's other type combos it can be. Typing can't be confirmed because he can't view the pokedex for it yet; are definitely pokemon though, it's directly referred to as such.

no word on stats. it was level 27 though.

Ver-mont

Alola dugtrios typing makes no sense

The pele's hair theory was correct, just not the type most guessed.

According to the leaker, Samson Oak "mentions [Dugtrio's] hair is metallic substance formed like glass due to volcanic eruptions creating magma".

Wingulltrainer

I am going to be so disappointed if Salandit's evo is female only. I had already planned to get a male, but it really isn't confirmed till they actually try evolving a male. :/ They just went for a female, 5 encounters to find a female doesn't confirm anything imo. However, if it is true, I'll go ahead and get a female, but will be giving it a masculine name, because I had planned on using it anyway.

Yeah, i'm wondering if sandalit is a female only evolution, or a female only pokemon. I am getting a bit tired of these gender specific pokemon. Love the name "toucannon" though; i hope he gets a good movepool.

Last edited:

DrakeKoryu

Yeah, i'm wondering if sandalit is a female only evolution, or a female only pokemon. I am getting a bit tired of these gender specific pokemon.

Well Lunartis mentioned that he hunted for a female so I guess there are males & females with only the females evolving, which kinda sucks to be honest, I hated that about Combee

Status
Not open for further replies.