• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
Salazzle is a perfect name for Salandit's evo. I really hope the evolution is for females only. I always loved Vespiquen and I like this mechanic.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Well...

1) No, Zygarde Complete has to transform from 50% or 10%.

2) It is just a Pokemon, after all, so it works as any battle would. We don't know stats, but it resists Flying and takes neutral damage from Grass, so it is most likely part Electric or Water/Steel.

can answer 2, to an extent
it works exactly like a pokemon battle except the name is "censored out" (so I presume its jsut ???? like). Resisted flying, neutral to grass. I think it will probably be Water/Steel, but there's other type combos it can be. Typing can't be confirmed because he can't view the pokedex for it yet; are definitely pokemon though, it's directly referred to as such.

no word on stats. it was level 27 though.

Thank you both. The answer to number 1 stinks but the answer to number 2 I love.

Also
is the ghost girl the same one from X and y?

And they specifically referred to them as pokemon??

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Thank you both. The answer to number 1 stinks but the answer to number 2 I love.

Also
is the ghost girl the same one fro. X and y?

Answer:
No. The "Ghost Girl" the the purple haired Trial Captain we saw in the Demo trailer.

Sakuraba

Well Lunartis mentioned that he hunted for a female so I guess there are males & females with only the females evolving, which kinda sucks to be honest, I hated that about Combee

I don't dislike it. It makes sense, in a world creation kind of way. Since many species the males are often smaller and weaker than the females. Not sure if there are any lizards with this trait, but that's hardly relevant.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Salazzle is a perfect name for Salandit's evo. I really hope the evolution is for females only. I always loved Vespiquen and I like this mechanic.

I like Salazzle's design, although I'm not sure if I'll use one myself since my Sun team is planned out already. If it only evolves from a female Salandit, I'll be surprised since gender-exclusive evolutions seem unfair. :[

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
I like how its name could be a portmanteau of either salamander + dazzle or salamander + sizzle lol.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I like Salazzle's design, although I'm not sure if I'll use one myself since my Sun team is planned out already. If it only evolves from a female Salandit, I'll be surprised since gender-exclusive evolutions seem unfair. :[

The weird thing is that for most salamanders, the males are smaller when they are first born, but grow larger than the females in the long run.

I like how its name could be a portmanteau of either salamander + dazzle or salamander + sizzle lol.

I do oh so adore that name. Salazzle...it's so much fun to say. :)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
It seems the bug with spoiler tag on Activity page is still there, so if you know any of your friends don't want to see the spoiler when viewing Activity page, use brackets inside your spoiler.

Put [ at the beginning of your spoiler (after the spoiler tag) and ] at the end (before the closing spoiler tag).

Gohankuten

Yeah, get the feel he'll be a slow tank. Don't think he has any 4x weaknesses, should be able to take a hit. And by the look of those claws, will be able to dish them out as well.

Bug/Water has only 3 weakness (Electric, Flying, Rock) and 5 resistances (Water, Ice, Fighting, Ground, Steel) so a decent defensive typing and with its STAB it hits 6 types super effectively (Fire, Ground, Rock, Grass, Psychic, Dark) and isn't resisted by any single type though 12 dual types (any Water/Dragon type mixed with Fighting/Poison/Flying/Ghost/Steel/Fairy which comes out to of the currently known pokemon only 32 pokemon(12 Dragons, 20 Waters)) can resist it's STAB. So all in all Water/Bug is a pretty good type both offensively and defensively.

I don't dislike it. It makes sense, in a world creation kind of way. Since many species the males are often smaller and weaker than the females. Not sure if there are any lizards with this trait, but that's hardly relevant.

There is a species of lizard that is all females which could help explain it.

Last edited:

ebevan91

Honestly, I'm not a fan of the Pokémon names this generation. The only one I actually like is Lycanroc.

I don't care for many of them either. A lot of them either just seem lazy or they don't sound right when saying them out loud. Don't think there's anything this gen that's as bad as "Talonflame" though.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer

I hope so too, and i hope brione and primarina are also all female too, bouncesweet and evos should all be all female too,cutiefly and morelul and comfey should be all female too. Dartrix and decidueye and incineroar should be all male.

And its too bad wishiwashi is slow, looks like i have to rethink the move list and maybe even my team, but i will still have wishiwashi, but i might to have to add more pokemon to my team.

It looks like fomantis will be slow too, looks like Talonflame and archeops will be the only decently fast pokemon on my team.

Last edited:

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
I don't care for many of them either. A lot of them either just seem lazy or they don't sound right when saying them out loud. Don't think there's anything this gen that's as bad as "Talonflame" though.

Talonflame is a cool name.

and i hope schooling cant be copied by anyone, i love these unique and exclusive abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.