• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXD17

Draco rex

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Prism armor is pretty rad, Necrozma might be really good.

I came all the way from Johto to visit Alola. Is it true you can’t use Fly to fly around here?
I don’t know. Is it?
Yes, it is
Seems like! I got told off for trying it! They said it was some kind of law or something! But then how do folks in Alola fly around?
Wow... So it’s really a thing? This really is a whole different region. But then how do folks in Alola fly around?
On Charizard
With a Ride Pager
Wow... So everyone just rides around on special Charizard that’ve been raised for the job? Sounds weird, if you ask me, but I’ve gotta admit that riding on a Charizard would be a blast!
Ho, so that’s how it works, huh? Special gear that can call Pokémon? I’d heard that Alola had a great transportation system, but it’s really true, huh?
Thanks for teaching me about how things are here in Alola. Here, you might as well have this!
Back where I’m from, in Johto, this kind of TM is a real big deal. They’re called Hidden Machines, or HMs, because they’re so hard to get your hands on. But here I guess it’s just another TM. Maybe you can use it in battle or something!
The way people live can be different depending on where they live. The value of things also depends on where you happen to be. One of the best things about traveling is getting to feel and understand that up close.

There's a Diglett's Tunnel in Alola

Last edited:

knightwolf09

Sad that Glisopod still has the same ability as Wimpod. It's gonna be tricky to use him like that.

It's going to be tricky to use everybody. I am so confused right not. More pokemon lose speed upon evolving.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Power of Alchemy is not used by anyone wtf.

Edit: I'm guessing that's going to be Ash-chu's signature ability.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Sad that Glisopod still has the same ability as Wimpod. It's gonna be tricky to use him like that.
I hate it as well. It's even worse that they try and pass it off as a new ability. Like, come on...

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
oooo lycanroc midnight has No Guard as its Hidden ability
Gumshoos is adaptability.
Lurantis has Contary!!
Drampa gets Cloud Nine which is kinda cool.
Jangmo-o get Overcoat, thats 3 good abilties! What to choose?
Pelipper gets drizzle!

LinksOcarina

The true master
It's going to be tricky to use everybody. I am so confused right not. More pokemon lose speed upon evolving.

You don't need speed to win.

In fact, I kind of relish these changes. We needed a good, swift kick against high speed for once. Make the game more balanced.

Seems like Kukui is from Kanto too...or has at least travelled there

Early on your mother makes reference to seeing Kukui challenge Gym Leaders in Kanto on TV. Later on...

Those Gym Leaders in Kanto really messed my team and me up! But then I saw my team battling for me through it all, pouring their souls into their moves for me.[VAR 0114(0005)]
And then that last guy, that Dragon user in the cape...[VAR 0114(0005)]
Oh sorry! Enough about me—let’s get you in there, yeah![VAR 0114(0005)]
But before you head in, make sure you’re good and ready. You won’t be able to come back out.[VAR 0114(0005)]

Huh. He took on Lance...did he become Champion there too?!

shadowF

Dont want to be a downer but I think these are the only people from other regions that we can battle and team up with in the battle tree:
Grimsley
Anabel
Wally
Colress
Cynthia
Plumeria
Guzma
Kiawe
Mallow
Sina
Dexio
Red
Blue

Hope im wrong.

source: https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/gametext.txt

diakyu

HOlY CRAP KUKUI'S SECOND OUTFIT

For Mexico!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Mew's Z-move is a double reference to Pokémon Snap and First movie, as well as its overall genetic theme.

Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.