• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
People call this the Nugget Bridge! Beat us five Trainers and win a fabulous prize! Think you got what it takes?
Congratulations! You beat our five contest Trainers! You just earned a fabulous prize!
Congratulations! You beat our five contest Trainers!
By the way, would you like to join Team Rocket? We’re a group dedicated to evil using Pokémon! Want to join? Are you sure? Come on, join us! I’m telling you to join! OK, you need convincing! I’ll make you an offer you can’t refuse!
[~ 4]
With your ability, you could become a top leader in Team Rocket!
Just kidding! Man, Team Rocket fell apart years ago... No point in telling you that you’ve gotta join Team Rocket, right? We just like having some fun, pretending we’re just like those five on Nugget Bridge, yeah?
Boy... I wonder what old Mr. Giovanni is up to now... He was the boss of Team Rocket back then.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
WAITWAITWAIT

Is it true that you can't even get Wimpod until the final island?

2nd, I believe. The video had him at 21-ish level wise. Would sync up.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
OK I have a question/need help.

I am trying to figure out the version exclusive pokemon.
here is compiled datamine information.
https://projectpokemon.org/news.php?article=228

I have read that people did a search on the wild pokemon encounters list and found vulpix for example not to be listed but sandshrew is. This was assumed that vulpix was sun exclusive.
ok.
In the videos of the lists of pokemon with thier stats and moves it shows that vulpix has a sun location and no moon location. It shows Sandshrew to have a moon location and no sun.
With Oranguru and passimian, it is the same way, sun no moon, moon and no sun. Problem is, GameFreak offically announecd Oranguru to be moon exclusive while passimianis Sun exclusive.
Can someone explain/figure this one out?

edit spelling

TRG

Assuming I can find someone nice enough to breed, he's gonna be main the whole game. I just love him. As soon as I saw the evo, it was like 'Where have YOU been all my life? I need 50 of you!'

Gonna name him Cam and we'll be great.

^Could be, a decent theory. He is just precious. They need to make plushes of him.

And at least he's nice and bulky, both ways

Yeah he was an instant favorite of mine as well. Even with the ability I still think he'll be a beast in-game.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Kaphotics likely screwed the exclusives.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Yeah he was an instant favorite of mine as well. Even with the ability I still think he'll be a beast in-game.

And he's freaking huge! On par with tyranitar for arceus's sake!

He really is a giant isopod man

Shame I probably won't have the game till christmas

shadowF

So it seems we actually defend our title of champion. SWEET!

[VAR TRNAME(0000)]! I’ve made it this far, too! But I’m not done yet. After all, there’s still a Trainer standing right in front of me that I’ve got to overcome![VAR 0114(0007)]
Seriously! This is really frustrating, you know? I seriously tried my hardest, you know? But at least I had a blast going all out against you, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]. So thanks.[VAR 0114(0007)]
The funnest thing in the world has got to be to battle all out, you know? Seriously! So watch out, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]! ’Cause me and my awesome team are definitely winning this one![VAR 0114(0007)]
I was finally able to beat my gramps when he was going all out, you know? Now I’m not giving up until I can beat Alola’s strongest Champion, too! Yeah, I’m looking at you, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]![VAR 0114(0007)]
Phew! It is difficult, triumphing over all the Elite Four in a row. However, defeating the Champion will surely be even more challenging.[VAR 0114(000B)]
We do our utmost as kahunas, always striving onward to make a tale worthy of our history. Looks like you are going to make a fine tale for yourself, Champion![VAR 0114(000B)]
If I am serious about my role as a kahuna, then taking on the Champion seems fitting![VAR 0114(000B)]
We kahunas are chosen by Pokémon. And the Champion is chosen by the people. It brings me some joy to see this new age coming to Alola.[VAR 0114(000B)]
What does a Pokémon Trainer really need to be successful? I guess everyone might have their own answer. But for me... I want the strongest rival for myself.[VAR 0114(0013)]
Losing can teach you a lot, you know. I learn a lot from it... Losing just helps you see how to get stronger. So I’m glad we did this. That I had a Champion to help me get stronger.[VAR 0114(0013)]
You just use your best moves and see who is left standing at the end, right?[VAR 0114(0013)]
Phew... I’ll be back again. You can count on that, Champion![VAR 0114(0013)]
Champion... Now that is a title that everyone in Alola would bow before! I’m already a champion when it comes to power and prestige, after all... Taking this title would be my just deserts![VAR 0114(0015)]
I admit you have potential... You have proved to me that my judgment of you when we first met was flawless, as usual. You are a worthy Champion![VAR 0114(0015)]
As long as you claim that title, I will keep clawing my way here to you! That’s right! I’m here to relieve you of the title of Pokémon League Champion![VAR 0114(0015)]
You wait... Someday I will claw my way back up here again... but I suppose I should congratulate you first! See how bighearted I am to praise my opponent![VAR 0114(0015)]
The name’s Ryuki. I’m what you might call a star. I mean, with partners like my Pokémon, how could I not be a star? I came all the way across the sea here to Alola to spread my fame out here, too! The whole world will be mine soon![VAR 0114(001A)]
Everyone’s got their own problems, huh? The critics loved my songs, but nobody was buying my music for a while, man. But I’m just a rocker down to my bones. Nothing else to do but keep on rocking. I dig you, Champ. Looks like you know who you are, too, right down to your bones.[VAR 0114(001A)]
My babies here are dying to play a set. I figure what better stage than the Champion’s! Allow me to introduce my bandmates! Come on, babies![VAR 0114(001A)]
Oooh, that Champion’s strength! I feel the flames of jealousy burning in my heart! But passing through the fire makes me stronger, and that’s why I’m a star! I’ll roll into town again sometime, Champ. I’m always looking for a good gig.[VAR 0114(001A)]
I came to keep my word about us having a battle next time, as I said after my trial at the Observatory.[VAR 0114(0010)]
You’re great, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]! You understand Pokémon so well and know so much about Pokémon battles. I see that thinking up this and that to try to defeat the Champion is the highest form of fun![VAR 0114(0010)]
Playing games with Big Mo... Maintaining Festival Plaza... Checking the anime I’ve recorded... They’re all fun but not the same as a battle with you, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]. I worked out a plan with Ilima against you, [VAR TRNAME(0000)], to try to win.[VAR 0114(0010)]
You’re way too strong, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]... “Ping Totem Pokémon 2.0” is running smoothly, so next I’m thinking that I should put together Sophocles’s enhanced program.[VAR 0114(0010)]
I came to check on what Kukui has built, and... the Pokémon League is fantastic! It’s a place that conveys the awesomeness of Alola to the world. And in that case, I guess that what’s important is what kind of Trainer the Champion is.[VAR 0114(001C)]
Just as I’d expect from an acquaintance of Kukui’s! I too am proud that you are the strongest Pokémon Trainer in Alola! I’ll try to come hang out again. Pokémon battles with you are more fun than any game![VAR 0114(001C)]
I gave the captain position to my cousin Sophocles, but I’m confident in my ability. My strength is like that of a supernova![VAR 0114(001C)]
Just as I’d expect from the Champion! In every situation, you pick the best moves and items. So I too have to rack my brain in the battle... At some point I want to have a battle with Sophocles and me as a duo versus you and Kukui for all the marbles. Or I guess a Battle Royal?[VAR 0114(001C)]
I don’t really wanna be the Champion of the Pokémon League I made myself, but there’s nothing wrong with wanting to take on the biggest and baddest Trainer there is, right? After all, I do love my research![VAR 0114(0005)]
Whoa! Well, I always knew it would be a crushing defeat. I’m still glad I got to battle you, Champ. And I’m as thankful as I could be that I met you and your Pokémon![VAR 0114(0005)]
All right, [VAR TRNAME(0000)], I’m coming at you with all my might. Woo![VAR 0114(0005)]
Whoa! Well, I always knew it would be a crushing defeat. I’m still glad I got to battle you, Champ. And I’m as thankful as I could be that I met you and your Pokémon![VAR 0114(0005)]
Those old dudes Molayne and Nanu somehow talked me into doing this. I’m starting from scratch as a Pokémon Trainer and doing it right this time. I’ve got a Z-Ring and everything, so I might actually be able to live up to their expectations.[VAR 0114(0018)]
Even when I give it my all, I’m nothing compared to you! Maybe my Pokémon and I need to go through more together to deepen our friendship. I’m out of here, Champ.[VAR 0114(0018)]
My team and I are battling for all the Pokémon we took out on our way here![VAR 0114(0018)]
I failed again...like I always do. I promised myself I wouldn’t! I told myself I would never fail again! It’s all right to feel a little jealous, right? How else am I supposed to get stronger? My team and I really did take out so many Pokémon to make it here![VAR 0114(0018)]
Hey, Champion! You’ve gotta recommend a move for me!
I trained as much as I could on Route 1... I went through the whole island challenge to get here... and still! Man, the Champion really is something!
Champion! I’m gonna serve you up a brutal helping of my Pokémon’s best moves!
Well, at least I know you’ll never beat me in how much we each love our Pokémon, Champion!

So I found Hau's rematch text, Can anyone help me find Gladion's rematch text? it might be in the test dump in this post but it is pretty confusing. I would really appreciate it as well too.

Iroca

OK I have a question/need help.

I am trying to figure out the version exclusive pokemon.
here is compiled datamine information.
https://projectpokemon.org/news.php?article=228

I have read that people did a search on the wild pokemon encounters list and found vulpix for example not to be listed but sandshrew is. This was assumed that vulpix was sun exclusive.
ok.
In the videos of the lists of pokemon with thier stats and moves it shows that vulpix has a sun location and no moon location. It shows Sandshrew to have a moon location and no sun.
With Oranguru and passimian, it is the same way, sun no moon, moon and no sun. Problem is, GameFreak offically announecd Oranguru to be moon exclusive while passimianis Sun exclusive.
Can someone explain/figure this one out?

edit spelling

Read the video description

GDK

So we have an item increasing the duration of terrain yet poor trick room (and wonder room and the other room nobody cares about) still doesn't get anything.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Golisopod is a beast! With access to Sucker Punch, Liquidation, Aqua Jet, Leech Life and Poison Jab, not quite sure what moves to run.

I'm going: liquidation/leech life, poison jab, and did he learn a rock move? He'll need one for flying types

Edit: he gets rock tomb/slide, yay!

Last edited:
Woah, woah, woah. Burnet and Kukui were a thing?!

They’re all photos of Professor Burnet and Professor Kukui as a couple!

Also...
Research into the creation trio by Aether...

• Professor Burnet was previously studying a dimensional space called the Interdream Zone.
There was a man named Mohn, who years ago published his theory about the Ultra Wormholes.
Palkia: Its total control over the boundaries of space enable it to transport itself to faraway places or even other dimensions.
Giratina: This Pokémon is said to live in a world on the reverse side of ours, where common knowledge is distorted and strange.

• Yes, I picked that one up in the Sinnoh region. They say it was somehow related to a Pokémon that had something to do with the universe. Then the delivery truck was attacked by those Skull people on the way to the store... I showed them who was boss, but... well, it was a real ruckus, and so they still got away with my stock. To have that happen right here in Hau’oli... I don’t have time to waste on tracking it down again, but if you find it, feel free to take it.

Platinum blond and diamond trim hairstyles

• odd reference perhaps to the Distortion world while you're in another dimension?

Beyond the distortion you can see what looks to be another world... Will you go there?
Will you return to the world from which you originally came?
There is a strange distortion in the air... but you don’t seem able to traverse it now.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Can anyone help me find Gladion's rematch text? it might be in the test dump in this post but it is pretty confusing. I would really appreciate it as well too.

What does a Pokémon Trainer really need to be successful? I guess everyone might have their own answer. But for me... I want the strongest rival for myself.[VAR 0114(0013)]
Losing can teach you a lot, you know. I learn a lot from it... Losing just helps you see how to get stronger. So I’m glad we did this. That I had a Champion to help me get stronger.[VAR 0114(0013)]
You just use your best moves and see who is left standing at the end, right?[VAR 0114(0013)]
Phew... I’ll be back again. You can count on that, Champion![VAR 0114(0013)]

Seems to be this. This variable is Gladion.

pOlarizer

I'm going: liquidation/leech life, poison jab, and did he learn a rock move? He'll need one for flying types

Edit: he gets rock tomb/slide, yay!

Better to switch out on flying though, chances are he will get hit and be forced out by Emergency Exit. Sucker Punch is better, punch the bird and then wimp out

Status
Not open for further replies.