• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

I'm a bit confused as to who are Trial Captains, who are Kahuna's and who are E4, who's the Champion (there seem to be some overlapping between them all?), could someone clarify who are who haha?

Captains are the five we know about + Mina (Fairy) and the unnamed Dragon one.

Kahunas are Hala (Fighting), Olivia (Rock), Nanu (Dark) and Hapu (Ground).

Elite 4 is Olivia, Hala, Kahili (Flying) and Acerola (Ghost). Kukui is the champion.

The team listings are here if you wanna poke through: http://pastebin.com/vkaZNTra

There is none, but there is a high-leveled Dragon-type trainer named Ryuki.

Oh, that's odd. Maybe Lillie guides us through the trial or something.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
If that's truly the case, then Alolan Golem's Ability will make its Explosion deadly for Water-types (assuming that it and its pre-evolved forms learn it).

Indeed it dose, was just looking at its movepool.

Another good move for that ability it has is Rock Climb.

The fact that they were Guardian Deities should've tipped you off from the get-go that they were legendaries.

I guess I'm just disappointed that a vast minority of the new Pokemon are legends again. I don't like legendary pokemon to start with and I really don't like using legends. Sucks that I might have to take up the idea of having to soft reset the game to try get the correct natures/IVs.
So that really limits my usage of many of these cool new Pokemon designs.

Last edited:

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
We have all NPC's for the Battle Tree:

Red
Blue
Sina
Dexio
Grimsley
Anabel
Wally
Colress
Cynthia

Horribly dissapointing. Especially since Sina, Dexio and Colress aren't really "famous" trainers. Also looks like they choosed the persons out of the blue.

Not only this is dissapointing, but the actual content of the games isn't much either. Only about 15 hours of playtime including the about two hours of a intruction phase. Post game seems to be only UB catching and the battle tree. No extra areas/routes. No a Looker/Zinnia kind of post game found yet. Island captains rumored to be rematchable.

This is underwhelming. if it's all true, then this is probably the least amount of content since the first generation.

Also stat increases for many older pokemon. Example: Swellow's Sp.A got increased by 25 points (50->75).

Last edited:

Dragon Pulse

Do we know why Lillie was so afraid of Pokémon/didn't approve of battles/didn't want to touch them?

WolfeyStar

Ganbaruby!
Is there a list of the famous trainers that appear in the Battle Tree?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
Talonflame looks to be a thing of the past, as well. Lycancroc's Accelerock attack will kill it instantly, plus it's learnset makes it look quite viable. Could become staple

shikinokurai

Gazerock is Not DEAD
Could anyone please confirm if the following Pokemons are rare/uncommon (having a low encounter rate), and if some of them evolve through a special method other than leveling up normally (leveling up while holding an item is special)

Bounsweet
Wimpod
Sandygast
Grubbin
Crabrawler
Mareanie
Fomantis
Morelull

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me with these. Thanks in advance.

Grey Wind

We have all NPC's for the Battle Tree:

Red
Blue
Sina
Dexio
Grimsley
Anabel
Wally
Colress
Cynthia

Horribly dissapointing. Especially since Sina, Dexio and Colress aren't really "famous" trainers. Also looks like they choosed the persons out of the blue.
Yeah that list is... really random. What's their obsession with Dexio and Sina? I'm surprised at least Zinnia didn't make it too, considering they can just take the 3D model from ORAS. It's weird.

Could anyone please confirm if the following Pokemons are rare/uncommon (having a low encounter rate), and if some of them evolve through a special method other than leveling up normally (leveling up while holding an item is special)

Bounsweet
Wimpod
Sandygast
Grubbin
Crabrawler
Mareanie
Fomantis
Morelull

Off the top of my head, Steenee, Charjabug and Crabrawler have "special" evolutions, you can check out the rest here: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwQdWyUkAAQapC.jpg

kemal07

Red
Blue
Sina
Dexio
Grimsley
Anabel
Wally
Colress
Cynthia

Well that's a bit disappointing , so glad I actually kept my hopes low. Out of all trainers Grimsley? I mean he's my favourite unova person but I wonder if it hints for future touches like dlc maybe ?

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer

Bounsweet
Wimpod
Sandygast
Grubbin
Crabrawler
Mareanie
Fomantis
Morelull

as for encounter rate check these links

http://pastebin.com/YjNi4Qdk
http://pastebin.com/HKEVPUYX

Evolution wise:
Charjabug and Crabrawler only evolve in certain areas, mentioned as "Electric" and "Summit" specifically.
You only get Fomantis if it levels up in day light.
For the rest - nothing unusual.

WolfeyStar

Ganbaruby!
Red
Blue
Sina
Dexio
Grimsley
Anabel
Wally
Colress
Cynthia

...no other champions? I would have figured Lance or Steven would be here...

What's up with the random obsession of Dexio and Sina though? This is honestly a very sad list...

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Just noticed something. Wmpod learns nothing level up, has to use tms

Wind?

My name is Quiliver.
If that is all the trainers in the battle tree, why are Cynthia and Wally not in the trainer text dumps?

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Also someone calculated the average speed and the average BST of all new pokemon.

Average speed is 67.7 and average BST is about 450-460 making this generation the weakest in terms of speed and BST. Poor guys.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
Can't seem to find Turtonator in here. Does he have a pre-evolution? I want one in my team!

no pre-evolution and Sun exclusive. It is the equivalent to Drampa in Moon.

Also someone calculated the average speed and the average BST of all new pokemon.

Average speed is 67.7 and average BST is about 450-460 making this generation the weakest in terms of speed and BST. Poor guys.

I have a feeling all the other Pokemon which will be not viable in VGC 2017 will be amended as they become available in future meta games, otherwise the Alola Pokemon will have a very short lifespan.

Status
Not open for further replies.