• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I'm excited to see how the competitive meta plays out. They have to come up with some new rules or something. Otherwise these poor poor pokemon are going to get left in the dust and we are going to have a gen 6 meta all over again. Maybe once the main site is updated with the new info and we can see all the info for each pokemon with the respective pokemon it will be easier to form strategies, but right now I don't see myself using any one of the new mons for battling. Which sucks because I was really looking forward to new strategies, battles, and teams.
Either way, it is going to be rough finding decent trade bait to get competitive legendaries with there being so many. I hate soft resetting for event pokemon so I know I won't even try on story line pokemon.
Provided bottle caps aren't too hard to get you shouldn't need to soft reset for anything but the proper nature.

And plenty of slow pokemon are used in competitive. We'll just have to see how things go.

I am a bit surprised by Kommo-o though. The best physical Fighting move it gets seems to be Sky Uppercut. Which is okay and all, and it has the stats and moves to be a good Special Attacker as well (though then it has to rely on Focus Blast for Fighting STAB), but its still surprising.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Apparently the Eviolite nerf is true..

Oh no... Porygon2 and Doublade, poor things.

diakyu

Do we still not know what kukui's team is? Someone post is plz
All I know is he uses the starter you or Hau didn't pick.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Does anyone have the list of new items? I know it was posted, but I can't find it. :S

Bus

That link only seems to show ability and stat changes...

You can find the new attacks and their descriptions here, just scroll down: https://paste.ee/r/mvJ70

Interesting, so one of the new abilities we were hoping would exist is obviously in there; 'Slush Rush'...at least I assume thats doubled speed in 'Hail' status lol.

.Aerodactyl.

Ah yes, Rotation and triple battles. Uh, hmmm. What a loss I guess?

I'm very happy that you won't miss triple and rotation battles :)

I on the other hand, will. I wasn't their biggest fan and they aren't my favorite, but after grinding for hours in doubles and singles it was a refreshing change and gave me something a little different to do. That's why I always loved the frontier: just so much variety.

There is other post game stuff to do, it's just not as important to me personally as a post game battle facility. Not only am I not getting a frontier, the post game facility I do have is getting further simplified.

I will still love these games, I'm not saying they are terrible! I plan in completing the Pokédex for the first time and getting more into online batlting. I'm excited for so many things, but my disappointment in the post game battling facility is still very real to me. I don't think this will be the worst generation or anything, not by a long shot.

Last edited:
Do we still not know what kukui's team is? Someone post is plz

Lycanroc (Lv. 57) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Stone Edge/Accelerock/Crunch/Stealth Rock) IVs: 31/31/31/15/15/31 EVs: 0/252/0/0/0/252
Ninetales (Lv. 56) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Dazzling Gleam/Blizzard/Ice Shard/Safeguard) IVs: 31/15/15/31/31/31 EVs: 0/0/0/252/0/252
Braviary (Lv. 56) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Crush Claw/Brave Bird/Whirlwind/Tailwind) IVs: 31/15/31/15/31/31 EVs: 252/0/0/0/0/252
Magnezone (Lv. 56) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Thunderbolt/Flash Cannon/Thunder Wave/Mirror Coat) IVs: 31/15/31/31/31/15 EVs: 252/0/0/252/0/0
Snorlax (Lv. 56) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Body Slam/Crunch/Heavy Slam/High Horsepower) IVs: 31/15/31/15/31/15 EVs: 252/0/0/0/252/0

+ Decidueye/Incineroar/Primarina Lv. 58 if you chose Popplio/Rowlet/Litten

Anthea

I may just start using delcatty now :D

I love the powerful ultra beasts, they are so epic and their stats :0

AG128L

Do we know anything about the locations of items and TMs? What about useful NPCs like the name rater and move reminder?

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Wait, what? I thought the Pikachu line is only getting Electric Terrain through egg move... Unless that's what you meant.

Yes.

Anybody know who obtains the new move "Psychic Fangs"?

Carvanha, Lillipup and Bruxish.

Edit: Carvanha and Lillipup get it through Egg Move. You need to teach it to Smeargle to pass on to Lillipup.

Last edited:
Do we know anything about the locations of items and TMs? What about useful NPCs like the name rater and move reminder?

No, I'm just looking now though to double check. We have lists of items in story text, but that's to do with retrieving items from NPCs, and we can't imply the location of the name rater/move deleter from the story text because the story text is a real mess (for example, it starts at the Battle Tree).

R_N

obviously all the pastebins have been the talk of the town, but has anything pointed to what all the blank spots around Alola are for. They're obviously not gyms judging by the trainer pastebin

speaking of which, what on earth is the context for fighting the trail captains. Illima is more in line with fighting before the trial, the akala trio are all on the same level with Olivia but Sophocles and the other 2 are all clearly post game judging by their levels. None of them have distinct rematch teams or levels.

what???

Status
Not open for further replies.