• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
I'm excited to see how the competitive meta plays out. They have to come up with some new rules or something. Otherwise these poor poor pokemon are going to get left in the dust and we are going to have a gen 6 meta all over again. Maybe once the main site is updated with the new info and we can see all the info for each pokemon with the respective pokemon it will be easier to form strategies, but right now I don't see myself using any one of the new mons for battling. Which sucks because I was really looking forward to new strategies, battles, and teams.
Either way, it is going to be rough finding decent trade bait to get competitive legendaries with there being so many. I hate soft resetting for event pokemon so I know I won't even try on story line pokemon.

Provided only Regional dex Pokemon (probably exclude UBs and legendaries) and no megas will be allowed it looks well sorted. I took a look at all the available Pokemon and the speed is pretty well balanced, apart from a few rather fast but extremely frail exceptions.
I believe the Tapus will be included in vgc 17, because their stats aren't too monstrous but could be a vital part in setting up terrains, which is what GF is aiming at with how many Pokemon get these terrain moves or benefit from it. Weather makes a return, as well.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
So, do we know why we don't know teams from battle Tree bar Red and Blue? What about Cynthia, Wally, Colress, Grimsley etc?

R_N

So, do we know why we don't know teams from battle Tree bar Red and Blue? What about Cynthia, Wally, Colress, Grimsley etc?

The game segregates battle facilitry trainers from normal trainers. Red & Blue have listings because they're fought outside the battle tree (which is why they have a full team of varying levels). Cynthia, Wally are only fought in the tree* and thus don't have any listings. Colress & Grimsley might be in the battle tree, but they also might be pure unfightable cameos (for some bizarre reason)

*There might be an exception if there's some place in teh game that uses battle facility trainers. Like the Inverse battles iirc gave exp and had high levels, but drew from the battle maison pool of teams.

obviously all the pastebins have been the talk of the town, but has anything pointed to what all the blank spots around Alola are for. They're obviously not gyms judging by the trainer pastebin

speaking of which, what on earth is the context for fighting the trail captains. Illima is more in line with fighting before the trial, the akala trio are all on the same level with Olivia but Sophocles and the other 2 are all clearly post game judging by their levels. None of them have distinct rematch teams or levels.

what???

also a correction on my part: you fight illima once more but his team is only slightly higher level

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Just saw that Salandit has a 12.5% chance to be female and that the evolution is female only. I can live with it being female exclusive but that gender ratio is the absolute worst. It's Vespiquen all over again. Wonder how many shiny males I'll get before I get my female one. Thank Arceus for Hyper Training.

FlorgesPower2

Anime fanatic
If true, the Eviolite nerf was it's been reduced from 1.5, 1.2

Which can hurt a lot of Pokemon, mainly Chansey.

johno1995

Who uses the new Ice Stone? Glaceon?

noakai

Does anyone know if there's been a list made of where you can encounter Pokemon specifically, like how Mimikyu is found in "Thrifty MegaMart"? I know the datamine videos have locations but some of them are cut off by the animation and I want to know where to find older Pokemon not in those videos too.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^It will likely completely remove Eviolite from serious competitive use, despite Knock Off nerf.

R_N

Adrenaline Orb
Using it makes wild Pokémon more likely to call for\nhelp.

ooo that's interesting

could make grinding a little more interesting. which is good because there are no wild pokemon above level 57 and none of them are audino

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
What's the Knock Off nerf?

lunis the ogre

Ogre of the gourd
Provided only Regional dex Pokemon (probably exclude UBs and legendaries) and no megas will be allowed it looks well sorted. I took a look at all the available Pokemon and the speed is pretty well balanced, apart from a few rather fast but extremely frail exceptions.
I believe the Tapus will be included in vgc 17, because their stats aren't too monstrous but could be a vital part in setting up terrains, which is what GF is aiming at with how many Pokemon get these terrain moves or benefit from it. Weather makes a return, as well.

The first few months before pokebank is released will be nice. The stats just remind me too much of gen 1 pokemon. Maybe it is just me.

R_N

It doesn't look like there is one. Looking at the Datamine for the stats and moves, Knock Off still has 100% accuracy and 65 base power. Unless the PP was reduced it looks the same to me.

pffff, really? Guess I saw a typo earlier

B. Thunder Tiger

I'm hearing rumblings from NeoGaf and other sites, that Necrozma (Psychic Type) isn't a Ultra Beast, but rather the so-called third main Legendary after Solgaleo and Lunala. Could this be true? From other people, it could be true, as it has the following things about it:

1. It doesn't have the same Beast Boost ability like the rest of the other Ultra Beasts, instead having Prism Armor which weakens super effective attacks on itself.
2. It apparently learns Moonlight and Morning Sun
3. Its primarily Psychic-Type.
4. Has a BST of 600, where as the Ultra Beasts have 570 I believe (not too sure about the latter, may have made a mistake there).
5. Learns a signature move at Level 73. What this is, I don't know.
6. Its placed after the last Ultra Beast, Guzzlord

Other stuff:
Its primarily black, which could fit with the Eclipse theme. However, unlike Solgaleo and Lunala, it doesn't appear to be based on a animal of sorts. More, having 600 BST makes it weaker than Solgaleo and Lunala. A part of its name, however, that being the word "Necro", seems to hint to a Dark-type even though it doesn't have a Dark-type, unless it has a awakened true form in a later game/sequel.

Necro meanings:

The word "Necro" refers to: "Forming compound words related to death or dead tissue."

More, Necro is derived from the following:

Wiktionary - Necro:
From combining form of Ancient Greek νεκρός *(nekrós, “dead body”),from Proto-Indo-European suffixed full-grade *nekro- of *neḱ- *(“perish, disappear”); see also Middle Welsh angheu *(“death”), Breton ankou, Old Irish éc, Latin noxius *(“harmful”), Latin nocēre *(“to hurt, harm”), Latin nex *(“murder, violent death”) (as opposed to mors), Old Persian *(vi-nathayatiy, “he injures”)

At the moment though, this is still speculation on my side from what I heard, so take this with a grain of salt.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
It doesn't look like there is one. Looking at the Datamine for the stats and moves, Knock Off still has 100% accuracy and 65 base power. Unless the PP was reduced it looks the same to me.

Oh thank god that rumor was fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.