• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if anyone has done this before me, but I correlated the pokedex entries with their respective pokémon.
Outside of some cool flavor(and all forme variations finally having separate entries, yay) and possible plot details(particularly with the Ultra Beasts) I find it noteworthy that Zygarde 10% and Zygarde 50% are repeated twice. Which would tie into the four blank Zygarde slots(assuming half of them are shiny).

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
I'm laughing so hard at Golisopod's ability- "It's not called running away, it's a TACTICAL RETREAT!!"

It is pretty funny. Especially when you realize he's pretty much teh same size as tyranitar. What are you scared of, giant isopod man?

noakai

^^ From the story text dump:

Hm? What is this Pokédex data, [VAR TRNAME(0000)]? ...Necrozma. It’s black, yet it’s refracting light... But we haven’t had any word from HQ about such a UB. It must be simply a rare Pokémon. Still, it’s quite remarkable, though![VAR 0114(001F)]

So the game says it's not an UB.

LinksOcarina

The true master
If true, the Eviolite nerf was it's been reduced from 1.5, 1.2

Which can hurt a lot of Pokemon, mainly Chansey.

Hurt it slightly, yes.

Still viable though, just not as dominant, giving Blissey some time to shine again.

B. Thunder Tiger

Not sure if anyone has done this before me, but I correlated the pokedex entries with their respective pokémon.
Outside of some cool flavor(and all forme variations finally having separate entries, yay) and possible plot details(particularly with the Ultra Beasts) I find it noteworthy that Zygarde 10% and Zygarde 50% are repeated twice. Which would tie into the four blank Zygarde slots(assuming half of them are shiny).

Necrozma, that is if its actually in the same branch as Solgaleo and Lunala, appears to hint to a hidden Dark-type, as the dex entry mentions it has a extraordinarily vicious disposition. So why its just Psychic type, and not Psychic/Dark type? Hidden Form perhaps? It does have a higher BST than the Ultra Beasts.

^^ From the story text dump:

So the game says it's not an UB.

Then it looks like its related to Solgaleo and Lunala in some form. Perhaps its the Eclipse representation, or it represents black holes. Its dex entry namely states its violent, and that it constantly shoots lasers. This could refer to quasars, which are high energetic beams of extreme luminous energy emitted by Black Holes. But if so, why is it just Psychic type only, and not Dark-type too?

Its also to note that the Dark-type Z-Move happens to be called "Black Hole Eclipse"

Necrozma is wish one again?

This guy:

Last edited:

R_N

Necrozma, that is if its actually in the same branch as Solgaleo and Lunala, appears to hint to a hidden Dark-type, as the dex entry mentions it has a extraordinarily vicious disposition. So why its just Psychic type, and not Psychic/Dark type? Hidden Form perhaps? It does have a higher BST than the Ultra Beasts.

Just because a pokemon is vicious doesn't mean it gets to be dark type.

See also: just because a pokemon is literally a plant, doesn't mean its grass type

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I'm getting Zygarde vibes from it: having less BST than the game mascots, but making up for it with a form or something in the future. Maybe it could be part Dark.

R_N

I wonder how we'll get pokemon outside the alola dex. XY had the friend safari, ORAS had the dex nav+mirage islands

there doesn't seem to be any post game locations with natdex pokemon, also no swarms (?), no extra listings for dex nav pokemon. Has there been any listing for a friend safari?

Maybe it will be pokelego...

Erron Black

The Outlaw
The Alolan forms stats and movepools are kinda disappointing. Love all the new abilities and most of the new Pokemon though.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

The Alolan forms stats and movepools are kinda disappointing. Love all the new abilities and most of the new Pokemon though.

Really? Some seem pretty good. Golisopod has great stats and movepool.

Like everything being slow, especially lowering when evolving is pretty funny though

B. Thunder Tiger

Just because a pokemon is vicious doesn't mean it gets to be dark type.

See also: just because a pokemon is literally a plant, doesn't mean its grass type

True to that. I forgot. Regardless though, its dex entry is pretty wicked. In fact, I think, if its dex entry is truly that accurate, it could be representing the Black Hole celestial object, as Black Holes generate/project quasars, which are like gigantic energy laser beams of great luminous intensity. The latter could refer to Necrozma's ability to fire laser beams. The word "Necro" also got derived from words that means violent death, disappearance, perishing, etc, all of which fit the nature of a black hole, seeing as the latter is a point of compressed space-time that violently obliterates anything into nothingness.

Dunk Master Jax

Forest Ninja Trainer
Did anyone check out Pyukumuku's stats? That thing is one heck of a bulky water type 55 hp but with 130 def/sp def seems interesting. Plus it's movepool & Hidden Ability are pretty insane too.. Did not expect for it to be that good at all but it has it's uses for a tank.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Really? Some seem pretty good. Golisopod has great stats and movepool.

Like everything being slow, especially lowering when evolving is pretty funny though

I said the Alolan forms, not the new Pokemon.

Most of them retain their original stat spread or change slightly. Would've been nice to see them go different directions like making Marowak and Golem special attackers, Exeggutor a physical attacker, etc...

GDK

Minior and mimikyu will most likely be really viable.
Shell smash for minior with acrobatics and 100 base atk in it's core form will wreck shop.

CrusherTheFeraligatr

I said the Alolan forms, not the new Pokemon.

Most of them retain their original stat spread or change slightly. Would've been nice to see them go different directions like making Marowak and Golem special attackers, Exeggutor a physical attacker, etc...

Oh, oops my bad.

Litleonid

Alright, so this is how it all boils down?

Our Trial Captains can be fought, and they are Ilima[Normal], Mallow[Grass], Lana[Water], Kiawe[Fire], Acerola?[Ghost], Sophcles[Electric], and Mina[Fairy]
Our Kahuna's are Hala[Fighting], Olivia[Rock], Hapu[Ground], and Nanu[Dark]
Out Elite Four is Hala[Fighting], Olivia[Rock], Acerola[Ghost], and Kahili[Flying]
And out Champion is none other than Professor Kukui!

Been doing some research into Necrozma in the story text, I think I've found some more stuff other than the Dex entry.

1. "Oh ho, how funny you are, [ TRAINER NAME ]! We've caught all the UBs already, haven't we? I'm certain that black refractor that I thought I saw on Melemele was just my imagination!"

---

2. "I would imagine it must be. What happened that made you so late?"
"I was on the way here when I stopped by Melemele Island to get some of their famous and delicious malasada as a gift for you all...
But just when I had finished my purchase, I chanced to look up at the sky and there...there it was! A mysterious black...something was zipping across the bright blue sky over Alola! It was black and yet it was shining somehow! It was...it was like it was refracting light!
It might have been a UB! No, I'm certain of it! It surely was a UB! But it couldn't be... We haven't had any word from HQ about there being more UBs!
"
"Please rest easy. I do not think it was a UB. We have a hundred of our foundation members working in parallel with the International Police investigation and scouring Alola for UBs. We have not detected any UBs other than the ones that you already contained for us.
So you see? We should be quite safe now.
"
"I...I suppose... Perhaps I was just dazzled by the brilliant, shining sky that stretches over Alola..."
"And it is little wonder if you were dazzled. You all have been working so very hard. You must be very tired, Mr. Looker."

Bold seems to be Looker. Italics seem to be Anabel. The key variable was the only thing we really knew about Necrozma that wasn't black: 'refract'.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.