• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
The game segregates battle facilitry trainers from normal trainers. Red & Blue have listings because they're fought outside the battle tree (which is why they have a full team of varying levels). Cynthia, Wally are only fought in the tree* and thus don't have any listings. Colress & Grimsley might be in the battle tree, but they also might be pure unfightable cameos (for some bizarre reason)

*There might be an exception if there's some place in teh game that uses battle facility trainers. Like the Inverse battles iirc gave exp and had high levels, but drew from the battle maison pool of teams.

also a correction on my part: you fight illima once more but his team is only slightly higher level

Thanks for the info:)

3 more questions to anyone:

1. What is the last Totem Pokemon?
2. Do we know if the Ghost E4 and Ghost Captain are related?
3. Can someone post the important characters sprites with names?

Dunk Master Jax

Forest Ninja Trainer
Hmm.. so it seems with all the changes/additions to abilities and moves that weather and terrain battles are going to be a real thing.

Also seems like a lot of good support pokemon have been introduced this gen for these slow strong hitting pokemon. I actually like the direction gamefreak is going with this game!

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
So Aurora Veil isn't a signature move but a attempt to buff Ice types (or Hail teams at least) without changing the type chart.

Question is, will it work? With its enhanced speed a Snow Warning Alolan Ninetales could certainly set up Aurora Veil with some success I would think.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Marshadow's Pokedex entry is interesting. It's definitely something that screams "I have another form." I mean, a Fighting type that's supposedly cowardly?

Wonder what they're going to do with it.

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Perfect Zygarde...you could have been so much more...how can it be that the 10% and even 50% are arguably better?

As for Necrozma, while looking through the German text files myself, I noticed that Necrozma's name was not localised, while the names of all UBs were localised. This is another reason to believe it's not an UB, but in fact the third Legendary Pokémon. In general, only Legendary or Mythical Pokémon as well as the electric rodents retain their Japanese/English names in German.

hoohlover

Beginning Trainer
Palossand: Buried beneath the castle are masses of dried-up bones from those whose vitality it has drained. One word, creeepy.

As for Necrozma, while looking through the German text files myself, I noticed that Necrozma's name was not localised, while the names of all UBs were localised. This is another reason to believe it's not an UB, but in fact the third Legendary Pokémon. In general, only Legendary or Mythical Pokémon as well as the electric rodents retain their Japanese/English names in German.

The fact that its BST and non-localised name could mean that it's a mythical event mon.

Anthea

So Aurora Veil isn't a signature move but a attempt to buff Ice types (or Hail teams at least) without changing the type chart.

Question is, will it work? With its enhanced speed a Snow Warning Alolan Ninetales could certainly set up Aurora Veil with some success I would think.
Which Pokemon get aurora veil?

I can see myself running hail/misty terrain team

Thepowaofhax

Nihlego is Rock/Poison
Buzzwole and Pheromosa are Bug/Fighting
Xurktree is Electric
Celesteele is Steel/Flying
Kartana is Grass/Fighting
Guzzlord is Dark/Dragon
Necrozma is Psychic
Interestingly enough, Nihlego has quite the potential for being a decent sweeper. Does anyone have confirmation that we can catch them, or do we have to get them by event?

Julia Artemis

So Necrozma isn't a UB? That's interesting. I wonder if it will relate to Lunala and Solgaleo. Though technically story wise the box legendaries are Ultra Beasts.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Wait, is there 7 or 8 trials now? we have the 5 we already have, the fairy girl, and who else?

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I would like to see what Anabel looks in the game. Can someone link me to her please?

Litleonid

Is there any information about the Alolan Pokemon League and Gyms, who the Gym Leaders will be?
There's nothing on gym leaders, but we do know the Elite Four. They are Hala[Fighting], Olivia[Rock], Acerola[Ghost], and Kahili[Flying]. The Champion is...PROFESSOR KUKUI.

Pokemon Power

With what I've heard from around the internet about the Ultra Beasts, connections with ORAS's Delta Episode, and further possibilities of a Pokemon multiverse, I have a theory of the story of how that's possible, which connects Sun and Moon's legends with those of the Generation VI games. Before I state it, I would like to point out that it makes sense in a way, since Generations VI and VII are on the 3DS and of course, with the 3DS specifics, you get the idea. Anyways, here's what I've pieced together, combined with some theories I have.
It starts 3,000 years ago as shown with X and Y, AZ, the king of Kalos, is forced to have his Floette participate in that big war. When Floette dies, AZ builds his ultimate weapon and captures Xerneas and Yveltal. First with Xerneas, he revives his Floette and the two are given immortal life, then using Yveltal's power, he uses it to kill all the people and Pokemon participating in the war, putting to an end. The blast from the ultimate weapon is so powerful, that it causes a rip in reality. The Original One, Arceus is disturbed by this rip, and summons Dialga, Palkia and Giratina to fix it. In doing so, they end up splitting the Pokemon world into five parallel dimensions. First is Dimension A, where the events of Pokemon Red, Gold, OmegaRuby and Y take place. Next is Dimension B, where Pokemon Blue, Silver, AlphaSapphire and X happen. Then, there's Dimension C, where Pokemon Yellow, Crystal, Emerald and Platinum happen. In Dimension D, Pokemon FireRed, HeartGold, Ruby and Pearl happen. Finally, there's Dimension E, where Pokemon LeafGreen, SoulSilver, Sapphire and Diamond happen. (I don't know where to insert Black and White 1 and 2 yet, so I'm gonna assume the Black games happened in Dimension A while the White games take place in Dimension B. Plus, I have a hunch that a Diamond remake set in Dimension B, and a Pearl remake set in Dimension A will happen.) In Dimensions A and B, the energy from the ultimate weapon causes Mega Evolution to come into existence, while in Dimensions C, D and E, history is rewritten so the war that caused all this in the first place never happened. Arceus, sensing this, creates the Ultra Beasts to protect each of the dimensions. The UB-02s (Buzzwole and Pheromosa) and the UB-04s (Kartana and Celestella) each guard a dimension together, while the remaining three (Nihilego, Xurkitree and Guzzlord) each guard a dimension alone. Arceus then creates the Cosmog evolutionary family, and grants the final evolved stages Solgaleo and Lunala the ability to travel across the dimensions using solar and lunar power respectively.

So that's my theory, and a big one at that. What do you'll think?

Grey Wind

Wait, is there 7 or 8 trials now? we have the 5 we already have, the fairy girl, and who else?
We have seven trials (we know Kommo-o is a totem), but the Dragon trial captain is MIA. Lurantis mentioned that Lillie leads you through the fourth island to Solgaleo/Lunala's altar, so maybe she fills in as the trial captain or something.

I would like to see what Anabel looks in the game. Can someone link me to her please?
http://is.4chan.org/vp/1478617756561.png

Status
Not open for further replies.