• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Which Pokemon get aurora veil?

I can see myself running hail/misty terrain team
It seems to be somewhat thinly distributed even among Ice types. Only 13 pokemon in total can learn it: https://paste.ee/r/zYMUr

Alolan Sandshrew line
Alolan Vulpix line
Smoochum line
Articuno
Mew (of course)
Delibird
Regice
Glaceon
Froslass
Cryogonal

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Wingulltrainer

Palossand: Buried beneath the castle are masses of dried-up bones from those whose vitality it has drained. One word, creeepy.

The fact that its BST and non-localised name could mean that it's a mythical event mon.
Yeah, i was thinking of using sandygast; it has a good moveset, but it's overall description creeps me out. I poured over the movesets of all the pokemon; no new egg moves for the old pokes, so i don't have to worry about breeding them. In general, i found some were useable, some i hoped were useable are kind of meh, and i'm actually interested in some of the ultra beasts. It would be nice to get the tapus at lower levels though.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Do we know if any other Pokemon besides Gigalith, Vanilluxe, Torkoal, Gengar, and Pelipper got ability changes?

Frozocrone

Miraculous!
Can someone link me the plot summary?

Litleonid

We have seven trials (we know Kommo-o is a totem), but the Dragon trial captain is MIA. Lurantis mentioned that Lillie leads you through the fourth island to Solgaleo/Lunala's altar, so maybe she fills in as the trial captain or something.
If you search through this, its confirmed that you can battle each Trial Captain. It doesn't seem as though that there is a Dragon type Trial Captain. Six appear, the last one being Mina, who uses Fairy types it seems. Mimikyu is confirmed as a Totem, so this means we have a Ghost type Trial Captain, though I believe this is Acerola who is an Elite Four member.

http://pastebin.com/vkaZNTra

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
apparently these older Pokemon lines from the Alola dex are sun exclusives (don't show in Moon wild Pokemon data):

Garchomp
Goodra
Braviary
Whimsicott
Vanilluxe
and
Castform
Porygon

But I can imagine that these last two are special Pokemon and not catchable in the wild.

hoohlover

Beginning Trainer
Zygarde(Complete): This is Zygarde’s 100% form. It has enough power to overwhelm even Xerneas or Yveltal. Yeah, right!!!

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
While I am overall happy, I am displeased with how little some old pokemon got this gen in terms of new moves.

Rapidash got that new 100% accurate Steel move Smart Strike, but with only 70 power it is still better off with Drill Run if it wants to damage Rock types.

Tauros still has no STAB move to abuse with Sheer Force (here's hoping it gets Rock Climb back if DP is remade). Wish I could have gotten a dream world one when they were available.

Zebstrika gets NOTHING to help its horrendous physical movepool.

<><><>

Do we know yet if the fossil pokemon available in the game are caught in the wild?

ash101

If you search through this, its confirmed that you can battle each Trial Captain. It doesn't seem as though that there is a Dragon type Trial Captain. Six appear, the last one being Mina, who uses Fairy types it seems. Mimikyu is confirmed as a Totem, so this means we have a Ghost type Trial Captain, though I believe this is Acerola who is an Elite Four member.

http://pastebin.com/vkaZNTra

I believe Ryuki is the 7th trial captain specializing in dragon type, although I'm not sure why he's listed as trainer rather the Captain. Mimikyu is the totem from the Fairy type trial

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
It's in the game text file.

Breakneck Blitz
All-Out Pummeling
Supersonic Skystrike
Acid Downpour
Tectonic Rage
Continental Crush
Savage Spin-Out
Never-Ending Nightmare
Corkscrew Crash
Inferno Overdrive
Hydro Vortex
Bloom Doom
Gigavolt Havoc
Shattered Psyche
Subzero Slammer
Devastating Drake
Black Hole Eclipse
Twinkle Tackle
Catastropika
Sinister Arrow Raid
Malicious Moonsault
Oceanic Operetta
Guardian of Alola
Soul-Stealing 7-Star Strike
Stoked Sparksurfer
Pulverizing Pancake
Extreme Evoboost
Genesis Supernova

You forgot one 10,000,000 Volt Strike (Something along those lines) reserved for Hatachu only with the Z Crystal Pikashunium

Litleonid

I believe Ryuki is the 7th trial captain specializing in dragon type, although I'm not sure why he's listed as trainer rather the Captain. Mimikyu is the totem from the Fairy type trial
I spotted Ryuki with a Kommo-o, though if they are a Trial Captain, its odd that Ryuki is not listed as a Captain. Mimikyu as the Fairy type Totem Pokemon would make sense, as you do fight it in an abandoned toy store, so that could be the Totem Pokemon for Mina's trial. Acerola is confusing me though, because she appears to have the Trial Captain pendant in her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.