• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoohlover

Beginning Trainer
True, dataminers did find that but with the whole Ash-Greninja thing, I'm not that convinced that they won't release it. AZ's Floette is one thing as it was more of a hidden secret/plan for release but it didn't get something like a Mega or a Z-Move.

Sun and Moon still has Light of Ruin and it even has a Z-move power up.

Dunk Master Jax

Forest Ninja Trainer
Interesting, Heatmor of all pokemon seems to get an exclusive move:

Fire Lash
The user strikes the target with a burning lash. This\nalso lowers the target’s Defense stat.
Fire
Physical
80 Power
100% Accuracy
15 PP
Adjacent Pokémon
-1 Defense for the target
Flags 0x49
Inferno Overdrive (160 Power)

It doesn't really help Heatmor, but it is interesting. Guess the idea is that its fire tongue acts as a whip.

<><><>

Then there is Burn Up:

Burn Up
To inflict massive damage, the user burns itself out.\nAfter using this move, the user will no longer be\nFire type.
Fire
Special
130 Power
100% Accuracy
5 PP
Adjacent Pokémon
Effect 397
Flags 0x448
Inferno Overdrive (195 Power)

Its learned by Arcanine (as an egg move), Moltres and the Typhlosion line. Moltres might benefit from being able to change its typing like that. But what type would a single type pokemon become after it is used, Normal?

Wow Fire Lash only learned by Heatmor.. if it got a stat buff I would see this being pretty nice.

Burn Up seems strong but could hinder Typhlosion & Arcanine.. maybe could make some crazy outplays with the move though so interesting regardless

Fiore1300

It seems to be somewhat thinly distributed even among Ice types. Only 13 pokemon in total can learn it
So who is the best Aurora Veil user? Snow Warning Ninetales or Slush Rush Sandslash?

My guess is Slush Rush Sandslash. Sure it needs two turns for set up, but Sandslash will probably benefit more with its defensive stats and Steel typing.

Beartic and the beasts all got changes (nerfs for the latter for some reason).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CwwCLZ2UAAIF_r9.jpg

The buffs to Masquerain... Oh my... Already was one of my favorite bugs, but now this!

What does the move do now?

Aurora Veil halves damage from physical and special attacks (like a combination of Light Screen and Reflect), but it only works under Hail conditions. It'll probably work best in team games.

Grey Wind

http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...read-Datamine-Contains-Story-Spoilers/page223

This should be all the major learnset changes for now. If anything is missing, call me through VM.

Lots of nice stuff there. Moonblast Noctowl, Dragon Dance Flygon, DRAGON RUSH Dunsparce.

I'm really happy with all the new moves introduced actually, Gen 6 disappointed me a little in that regard. Lots of decent new things like Ice Hammer (which I'm hoping gets spread around) and Smart Strike, and some other stuff like Beak Blast and Burn Up with interesting effects. It's a solid selection.

Vincentium

Beyond Evolution
This generations seems to have a low speed stat average compared to the earlier ones. I am surprised that the three starters are actually slow.

On the other hand, did anyone datamine the music for the games already? Is the music that was used in the starter final evolution trailer (English one) in the game? The one with chanting and singing voices with it? I really loved that music and I was hoping someone has it uploaded already so I can have a new tone for my phone. LOL.

And what was the overall consensus on the post-game content? Is it okay or still lackluster like XY?

marumaruko

Ghost Trainer
Interesting, Heatmor of all pokemon seems to get an exclusive move:

Fire Lash
The user strikes the target with a burning lash. This\nalso lowers the target’s Defense stat.
Fire
Physical
80 Power
100% Accuracy
15 PP
Adjacent Pokémon
-1 Defense for the target
Flags 0x49
Inferno Overdrive (160 Power)

It doesn't really help Heatmor, but it is interesting. Guess the idea is that its fire tongue acts as a whip.

<><><>

Then there is Burn Up:

Burn Up
To inflict massive damage, the user burns itself out.\nAfter using this move, the user will no longer be\nFire type.
Fire
Special
130 Power
100% Accuracy
5 PP
Adjacent Pokémon
Effect 397
Flags 0x448
Inferno Overdrive (195 Power)

Its learned by Arcanine (as an egg move), Moltres and the Typhlosion line. Moltres might benefit from being able to change its typing like that. But what type would a single type pokemon become after it is used, Normal?

This is interesting because Heatmor is not part of the Alolan Dex and so won't even be part of VGC 2017, why such a change? Programmer whose favourite is Heatmor begging game director to amend its movepool?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

knightwolf09

Currently playing the game as a ROM. I'll just say, choosing your starter this time around is a lot sweeter. It really shows the start of a beautiful friendship. Though I warn people, if you want to soft reset for a female Popplio, be prepared to go through a long custscene before you get to see it's gender.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Has there been anything on the Cosmog counterpart?

Its name, type? Is it an evolved form? (Please be an evolved form!)

badwolf1234

Currently playing the game as a ROM. I'll just say, choosing your starter this time around is a lot sweeter. It really shows the start of a beautiful friendship. Though I warn people, if you want to soft reset for a female Popplio, be prepared to go through a long custscene before you get to see it's gender.
I know its bad to ask but can u pm me how to play the rom thank you :)

Also where will I find the models for every trainer so far haven't found olivia and hapu's models

Last edited:

LinksOcarina

The true master
This is interesting because Heatmor is not part of the Alolan Dex and so won't even be part of VGC 2017, why such a change? Programmer whose favourite is Heatmor begging game director to amend its movepool?

It kind of needs a stat boost to go with it though...

Status
Not open for further replies.