• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

.Aerodactyl.

Do we have customization (clothing and haircut) images yet? I'm so excited for these games.

Saw some on 4 chan... Guys have 6 haircuts, girls have 9 with three options for bangs. Clothing amount and items are virtually the same but girls get more socks.

As for colours, I believe it's:
Black
Honey blond
Dark brown
Ash brown
Caramel blond
Platinum blond
Pink brown
Wine red
White

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
Last edited:

Macabrelicious

And they dropped triple and rotation battles from it. So unless we also get a Maison of sorts, there less to do in the post game facility then ever before. I will definitely enjoy these games, dont get me wrong, but I am a bit disappointed in the post game.

My heart broke when I found out both formats were gone :(

It kind of makes sense because doubles already **** over the framerate apparently, but I'm pissed as **** and really bummed out

Ah yes, Rotation and triple battles. Uh, hmmm. What a loss I guess?

Rotation was BY FAR the most strategic, balanced, dynamic, complex, and fun battle format. Also, Triples was fun. It's a huge loss.

I'm not buying these games because my favorite battle format is gone

Litleonid

So Professor Kukui is not really the Alolan Champion, rather the final test to decide who becomes the Champion. Also, I saw for this battle that he will gain a luchador costume.

LoveMcQueen5683

Man I am so happy with this game! first we get a really cool facility where we get to battle Red and Blue! Second we get to actually defend our title as champion! we defend it against Hau, Gladion, Professor Kukui and a lot more. We get rematches with Hau, Gladion, Professor Kukui plus some trail captains. Also while this may be something that maybe I just like but I really like that we get to find out what happens to some of the characters and what they do with their life postgame! Like Lillie goes to Kanto and Gladion becomes the president of the Aether Foundation as well that the protagonist becomes not only the champion but an active champion as well. Also Gladion is our rival! his Sivally's type is stronger than our starter's type!

Just wondering if there are any characters we can battle in the Battle Royale postgame? Like if we want to have a battle with Professor Kukui, Guzma and Gladion can we do it? Also can Gladion and Hau be encountered in the Battle Tree? I would like to team up with them. Can someone check that information for me?

Also dont know why but Professor Kukui is not the champion, there is no champion because we become the first champion. professor Kukui is the person who we battle to see who becomes the first champion in the main game but in postgame we defend our title against a lot of people like Hau, Gladion,Professor Kukui and the Kahunas.

Last here are some of the variables for the characters, to see what dialogue they have in the game.:Hau is VAR TRNAME(0000) or VAR 0114(0007) or both, Gladion is VAR 0114(0013), Professor Kukui is VAR 0114(0005), Faba is [VAR 0114(0015), Plumeria is VAR 0114(0018), Blue is VAR 0114(001E), Guzma is VAR 0114(0017. I will try to find more later.

Source: https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/storytext.txt

Wow, i didnt know that about being an active champion. Thats really cool.

ECM

It kind of makes sense because doubles already **** over the framerate apparently, but I'm pissed as **** and really bummed out

Rotation was BY FAR the most strategic, balanced, dynamic, complex, and fun battle format. Also, Triples was fun. It's a huge loss.

That is sad, I'm sorry one of your favorite feature is out :/ I can't change your mind, but I still encourage you to at least try it! There are so many new things in Sun and Moon, it's looking to be a great start to a new generation.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
So Professor Kukui is not really the Alolan Champion, rather the final test to decide who becomes the Champion. Also, I saw for this battle that he will gain a luchador costume.

I'm really starting to wonder just how much of a 'thing' Japan thinks wrestling is in the rest of the world... Am I just too European to realise how prevalent and popular it is world-wide or is this becoming weird?

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
The dex entries for the Mega forms are brutal lmao. Can't wait for the rest.
Kangaskhan(Mega): Thanks to Mega Evolution, its child grows. But as the child is good only at fighting and nothing else, its mother feels uneasy about its future.
Aerodactyl(Mega): When it Mega Evolves, it becomes more vicious than ever before. Some say that’s because its excess of power is causing it pain.
Glalie(Mega): The excess energy from Mega Evolution spilled over from its mouth, breaking its jaw. It spews endless blizzards.
Glalie(Mega): It envelops prey in its mouth, freezing them instantly. But its jaw is dislocated, so it’s unable to eat them.
Salamence(Mega): Mega Evolution fuels its brutality, and it may even turn on the Trainer who raised it. It’s been dubbed “the blood-soaked crescent.”
Metagross(Mega): Mega Evolution stimulated its brain. It emerged as a ruthless Pokémon that will clutch at any means of ensuring its victories.
Garchomp(Mega): Its vaunted wings become scythes, sending it mad with rage. It swings its scythes wildly and slices the ground to pieces.
Lucario(Mega): It readies itself to face its enemies by focusing its mental energies. Its fighting style can be summed up in a single word: heartless.
Alakazam(Mega): As a result of Mega Evolution, its power has been entirely converted into psychic energy, and it has lost all strength in its muscles.
Slowbro(Mega): All the energy from Mega Evolution poured into the Shellder on its tail, leaving Slowpoke to be swallowed whole.
Gengar(Mega): Gengar’s relationships are warped. It has no interest in opponents unless it perceives them as prey.
Gyarados(Mega): Mega Evolution also affects its brain, leaving no other function except its destructive instinct to burn everything to cinders.

R_N

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
So the post game is:

-Looker&Anabel episode witht the UB's (though it seems you can only catch one since you only get one ball for them)
-Battle Tree
-the typical rematches of the captains
-Remaining legends

The league thing isn't post game as far as I know. After the story finale you have to do the dragon trial and the league.

That's even less than XY, since there's no post game town. lol

DSDark

Breeder
I'm wondering if there is a collection of pokedex sprites from pokemon 1-721

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
Can we rematch all of the trial captains later on, or is it reduced to just Sophocles, Mina and the Dragon guy?

Last here are some of the variables for the characters, to see what dialogue they have in the game.:Hau is VAR TRNAME(0000) or VAR 0114(0007) or both, Gladion is VAR 0114(0013), Professor Kukui is VAR 0114(0005), Faba is [VAR 0114(0015), Plumeria is VAR 0114(0018), Blue is VAR 0114(001E), Guzma is VAR 0114(0017. I will try to find more later.

Source: https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/storytext.txt

I've already read through a fair chunk of the story text, so I just wanted to point out that VAR TRNAME(0000) outputs the player character's name, not Hau's. For example, when we meet some characters they ask for our name and the text reads something along the lines of "[VAR TRNAME(0000)]! What a cool name!"

I'm wondering if there is a collection of pokedex sprites from pokemon 1-721

Give this a try https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/box-montage.png

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Wait, they've dumped Triples?

Man, these games are dissapointing me more and more :(

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
The dex entries for the Mega forms are brutal lmao. Can't wait for the rest.
In fine pokemon tradition a lot of pokemon got some pretty crazy, funny or brutal/unbelievable dex entries this time. May need to make a topic for them once the game is out.

Some themes in the dex entries of new and old pokemon seem to be a tendency to attack or threaten their trainers in some situations, as well as details on interactions with the pokemon and culture of Alola in particular.

Oh, and smells. A huge number of dex entries make mention of how the pokemon smells. ^_^

Last edited:

Xuxuba

According to several interviews, GF said they don't want to waste much time on battle facilities that nobody will use. That's probably why they decided to remove Triple battles and rotation battles from the battle tree, bc that way they would "waste" less time programming the facility.

This makes me really sad because the battle facilties are my favorite features ever since Emerald.
Sure they weren't perfect, some of them were too luck-based, but they could've made it better instead of just giving up on them and giving us a watered down version of what they used to be :(

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I've gotta say I love Araquanid's offensive movepool, but it doesn't have the stats to back it up, and it also has like no support moves except Toxic, Infestation, and Aqua Ring.

Looks like I'll be putting a band or life orb on it.

EDIT:

Lurantis has access to Leaf Storm + Contrary too, that's interesting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.