• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the post game is:

-Looker&Anabel episode witht the UB's (though it seems you can only catch one since you only get one ball for them)
-Battle Tree
-the typical rematches of the captains
-Remaining legends

The league thing isn't post game as far as I know. After the story finale you have to do the dragon trial and the league.

That's even less than XY, since there's no post game town. lol

Meh, if the story's solid this time around I'll give it a pass. One of the reasons XY was so loathed is simply because the game was 15 hours long at best (it's 15 hours long here rushed, just keep that in mind) and came after a generation filled with a great story and great post-game features.

Though, just to rub some salt into those wounds, some pretty important characters in the story head back to Kanto while you're stuck in Alola, and it seems that all game long there was a running thing of it being "not too far but not too close". Oh, and they literally brought back a Frontier Brain who's got zilch to do with the Frontier.

DSDark

Breeder
I've already read through a fair chunk of the story text, so I just wanted to point out that VAR TRNAME(0000) outputs the player character's name, not Hau's. For example, when we meet some characters they ask for our name and the text reads something along the lines of "[VAR TRNAME(0000)]! What a cool name!"

Give this a try https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/box-montage.png

those are the box sprites. I'm going for the pokedex sprites

Erron Black

The Outlaw
EDIT:

Lurantis has access to Leaf Storm + Contrary too, that's interesting.

Won't be able to be as good as Serperior though. Only usable special moves are HP, Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, and Giga Drain. Might just be better off running a physical set.

Macabrelicious

Oh thank god that rumor was fake.

Knock Off is one of the most broken and annoying moves in Gen 6 meta in every singles tier, and also annoying in Rotation/Triples/Doubles.

I'm really upset that Gamefreak DIDN'T correct their mistake with Knock Off. I don't want another three or four years of dealing with one goddamn move constantly

Xuxuba

Meh, if the story's solid this time around I'll give it a pass. One of the reasons XY was so loathed is simply because the game was 15 hours long at best (it's 15 hours long here rushed, just keep that in mind) and came after a generation filled with a great story and great post-game features.

Though, just to rub some salt into those wounds, some pretty important characters in the story head back to Kanto while you're stuck in Alola, and it seems that all game long there was a running thing of it being "not too far but not too close". Oh, and they literally brought back a Frontier Brain who's got zilch to do with the Frontier.

XY wasn't that hated. Pokémon games are still kind of short compared to other RPGs, that is why the postgame content is so important for non casual players.

Any idea who we can team up with for Battle Tree?

Not all of them, but if I recall correctly there's Anabel, Cynthia, Wally, Grimsley, Red, Blue, Colress, and Sina and Dexio too I think?

XY wasn't that hated. Pokémon games are still kind of short compared to other RPGs, that is why the postgame content is so important for non casual players.

Well, it depends what we're classing as casual. I'm certainly not a casual player (I'm on Pokémon forums if that says anything), I'm a massive fan of the franchise, and I do want more in the post-game. XYORAS annoyed me with the lack of such! But I'd take a great story and another mediocre to non-existent post-game over a lukewarm story and mediocre to non-existent post-game any day. I feel as though it's going to be a good while yet before we truly get a strong post-game again, and the reason once again can be explained as an upgrade in game engine; though not as radical as BW2 to XY, it certainly wasn't as small as DPPt to BW, and those things take time. I'm sure they wanted to do more.

Last edited:

Yorcko

『 S α d β ο γ 』
According to several interviews, GF said they don't want to waste much time on battle facilities that nobody will use. That's probably why they decided to remove Triple battles and rotation battles from the battle tree, bc that way they would "waste" less time programming the facility.

This makes me really sad because the battle facilties are my favorite features ever since Emerald.
Sure they weren't perfect, some of them were too luck-based, but they could've made it better instead of just giving up on them and giving us a watered down version of what they used to be :(

I do also recall reading something bout GF whining over Battle Frontier and facilities value. I'd heavily love to know where they're getting no one uses them or think Frontiers are a waste, seeing their Alolan Forms are a waste of potential and some mechanics seem to be more unmemorable.

All I've been waiting from them since 2011 is another BF. :'(

Last edited:

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Not all of them, but if I recall correctly there's Anabel, Cynthia, Wally, Grimsley, Red, Blue, Colress, and Sina and Dexio too I think?

Grimsley? That's random
Sina and Dexio??? Woah, what are their pokemon?

CrusherTheFeraligatr

Strider: Spider King
Hope the girls get hawaiian shirts. Shame it appears teh only shorts are still booty ones

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Is there a list of Old Pokemon with updated movepools? I.e. just the new moves?

as many of these new moves are so cool like Lunge, Liquidation ect...

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
From the dex entries
http://pastebin.com/GwZBGpfx said:
Solgaleo: This Pokémon is said to be a male evolution of Cosmog. At the activation of its third eye, it departs for another world.
Lunala: Said to live in another world, this Pokémon devours light, drawing the moonless dark veil of night over the brightness of day.

'Male' evolution of Cosmog, how specific. I wonder if we'll be able to breed these legendaries of if it's just fluff text.

Also DAYNG some of these descriptions are twisted.

Turtonator poop? Vicious as heck water/poison? Maiming and death everywhere! 0 A0 Pokémon are cute fuzzy things kids, they most certainly can't bite your hands off or break your spines, ha ha.

I've gotta say I love Araquanid's offensive movepool, but it doesn't have the stats to back it up, and it also has like no support moves except Toxic, Infestation, and Aqua Ring.

Looks like I'll be putting a band or life orb on it.

EDIT:

Lurantis has access to Leaf Storm + Contrary too, that's interesting.

Toxic + Venoshock + attacks on poisoned pokemon become crits-ability = I wanna see THAT damage calculation, even with its low offensive stats

Last edited:

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
now that we seen the stats Cutiflys evo has replace Vikavolt as my Bug type. I just don't understand why Vikavolt is so slow when it looks so speedy, just glade it gets Agility.
Also the water spider has odd stats, low attacks and again low speed for what looks like a speedy mon and it can't learn Sticky Web to help! Its a spider!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Toxic + Venoshock + attacks on poisoned pokemon become crits-ability = I wanna see THAT damage calculation, even with its low offensive stats

Wrong Pokemon, I'm talking Araquanid, not Toxapex, that thing is already going to be a monster though. It's movepool is insane and it's stats are amazing for a defensive mon', plus it has Regenerator too.

Grimsley? That's random
Sina and Dexio??? Woah, what are their pokemon?

First battle

Slowpoke (Lv. 15) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Confusion/Water Gun/(None)/(None)) IVs: 31/15/15/15/15/15 EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0
Espeon (Lv. 16) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Confusion/Quick Attack/(None)/(None)) IVs: 31/15/15/15/15/31 EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0

Rematch

Espeon (Lv. 61) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Psychic/Shadow Ball/Dazzling Gleam/Power Swap) IVs: 31/15/15/15/15/31 EVs: 0/0/0/252/0/252
Raichu (Lv. 61) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Psychic/Thunderbolt/Light Screen/Reflect) IVs: 15/15/15/31/15/31 EVs: 0/0/0/252/0/252
Slowking (Lv. 61) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Psychic/Power Gem/Ice Beam/Flamethrower) IVs: 31/15/15/15/15/15 EVs: 252/0/0/252/0/0
Metagross (Lv. 61) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Meteor Mash/Zen Headbutt/Bullet Punch/Brick Break) IVs: 15/31/31/15/15/15 EVs: 0/252/252/0/0/0
Alakazam (Lv. 61) @Alakazite (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Psychic/Psyshock/Focus Blast/Energy Ball) IVs: 15/15/15/31/31/31 EVs: 0/0/0/252/0/252

First battle

Delibird (Lv. 15) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Present/(None)/(None)/(None)) IVs: 31/15/15/15/15/15 EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0
Glaceon (Lv. 16) (Nature: Serious) (Moves: Icy Wind/Quick Attack/(None)/(None)) IVs: 31/15/15/15/15/31 EVs: 0/0/0/0/0/0

Iirc, Sina doesn't have a second battle like Dexio as she doesn't challenge you for the title of Champion, or she just doesn't battle you. Can't imagine her team being much different from Dexio's tbh.

As for Grimsley, it seems as though his gambling luck has gone away, and he's in a kimono get-up.

Macabrelicious

That is sad, I'm sorry one of your favorite feature is out :/ I can't change your mind, but I still encourage you to at least try it! There are so many new things in Sun and Moon, it's looking to be a great start to a new generation.

I agree; there's so much about Sun and Moon that is exciting and kinda fresh-feeling. I might pick up the games

Thanks a lot for this message. I'm a drama queen. :p

The dex entries for the Mega forms are brutal lmao. Can't wait for the rest.

Some of these are both hilarious, and actually make me kinda interested in the lore of megas! I used to think megas were just "the pokemon reached it's ***max potential*** through magic means and it's super cool now!!!1111" but this idea mega evolution is a power overload/disastrous biological mutation that humans might be forcing on pokemon is really exciting to me

Wait, they've dumped Triples?

Man, these games are dissapointing me more and more :(

Yeah :/

(same TBH)

It seems that GF had regretted their decision about Mega because they are too broken. lmao

LOL tru

According to several interviews, GF said they don't want to waste much time on battle facilities that nobody will use. That's probably why they decided to remove Triple battles and rotation battles from the battle tree, bc that way they would "waste" less time programming the facility.

This makes me really sad because the battle facilties are my favorite features ever since Emerald.
Sure they weren't perfect, some of them were too luck-based, but they could've made it better instead of just giving up on them and giving us a watered down version of what they used to be :(

I definitely agree! For games like pokemon where the focus isn't really so much on the storyline but on battling your friends and people online with your creatures, post-game content like a battle facility is really crucial.

I don't know why they think the battle facilities are useless but then spend so many resources on graphics, character designs, dialogue, etc for their boring, shallow storylines that a lot of people don't pay attention to because they're so easy. Does that make sense? Like, people blow through the storyline that GF obviously spends time working on because it's a joke. Maybe if the storyline was a little more challenging and engaging, a battle facility wouldn't be AS needed. GF seems really weird about where it distributes attention, and how :/

Won't be able to be as good as Serperior though. Only usable special moves are HP, Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, and Giga Drain. Might just be better off running a physical set.

It's true Lurantis's special movepool is shallow as hell with basically only Grass moves (I think Hyper Beam too lolol) but Lurantis also has a more usable physical attacking stat. I think a mixed attacker could be kind of interesting to use in lower Smogon Singles tiers; I'm not sure it has the bulk or typing to perform super well in lower Smogon Doubles tiers, but I'll try regardless!

kemal07

Wait, I am super confused. A few questions...

So Trial Captains (in no order)
- Normal
- Grass
- Fire
- Electric
- Water
- Fairy
- Ghost

Ok so that is seven, so where does Totem Kommo-o fit in?

The Four Kahuna types are; Fighting, Rock, Ground and Dark?

So Hala and Olivia are the only two Kahuna's who become elite four members along with Kahili and the Ghost trial captain. Is this correct?

4. From what I have seen, we do indeed battle the trial captains. But are ALL 7 of them re-matchable post-league?

Thanks guys for answering in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.