• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafy Sea Dragon

Are pokemon-specific Z crystals only effective on specific moves?

E.g.:
"Aloraichium Z
This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades\nAlolan Raichu’s Thunderbolt to a Z-Move."

So this Z crystal only works with Thunderbolt, and no other offensive Electric move?

Mia Blaze

I'mma gonna Deku in the face, Kacchan
Are pokemon-specific Z crystals only effective on specific moves?

E.g.:
"Aloraichium Z
This is a crystallized form of Z-Power. It upgrades\nAlolan Raichu’s Thunderbolt to a Z-Move."

So this Z crystal only works with Thunderbolt, and no other offensive Electric move?

Yes, some Z Moves require certain moves to be on a Pokemon's moveset to work. Such as Catastropika needing Volt Tackle and the Starter's Z Moves to have their signature moves.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Checking distributions for new moves, I noticed something peculiar.

Psychic Fangs is learned via level-up for Bruxish (Water 2), and is an Egg Move for Carvanha (Water 2) and Lillipup (Field).

Looks like Smeargle is going to be a necessity for some of these.

badwolf1234

Thanks, it clarifies some of the confusion:)

I'm just wondering why the Ground Kahuna is not an E4 since she was the last Kahuna.

Is it clarified why Kahili and not Hapu?

Apparently hapu's grandfather was the kahuna but he died years ago and since then hapubwas trying to become a kahuna when u first arrive at poni there was no kahuna and you actually met hapu somewhere else not on poni. You will be in the ceremony of her becoming a kahuna that is also the reason i think why she isnt an elite four

Kahili on the other hand was just to fab to be a captain and a kahuna she was somewhere else when u journey and she also completes the challenges before

Fun fact molayne was the captain at hokulani but he gave it up for sophocles so he is also a new captain as well

Also diety/tapu choose the kahuna while the kahuna choose the captain but since Nanu was "well whatever i dont really want this but i dont have a choice" kind of kahuna Maloyne was the one who choose sophocles

pOlarizer

Apparently hapu's grandfather was the kahuna but he died years ago and since then hapubwas trying to become a kahuna when u first arrive at poni there was no kahuna and you actually met hapu somewhere else not on poni. You will be in the ceremony of her becoming a kahuna that is also the reason i think why she isnt an elite four

Kahili on the other hand was just to fab to be a captain and a kahuna she was somewhere else when u journey and she also completes the challenges before

Fun fact molayne was the captain at hokulani but he gave it up for sophocles so he is also a new captain as well

Also diety/tapu choose the kahuna while the kahuna choose the captain but since Nanu was "well whatever i dont really want this but i dont have a choice" kind of kahuna Maloyne was the one who choose sophocles

So at what point can you catch the Tapus?

sheld999

mews z move is epic makes me think what other legendary pokemon will have one ( mythical )

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
For anyone wondering, or not as the case may be, Here's the Z Move of Hatachu (Pikachu with Ash's hat) It's called 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt (Not strike like i've been saying and deals 195 damage, or there abouts)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r9q0h4ZBmPU

Awesome. It's all I can say.

Looking forward doing it with the Kalos hat version!

badwolf1234

So at what point can you catch the Tapus?

I believe post game since i only read the gameplay pastebin havent played it yet cant help myself since i really wanna whats the deal with the kahuna captain elite four and future gym leader

I think Nanu wouldnt want to be a gym leader maybe someone else would be Guzma specialize in bug type and Plumeria specialize in poison type btw

shadowF

Dont know why people feel disappointed like there is no postgame, I feel there is a lot of postgame. We have the Battle Tree where we will battle Blue and Red and a few other past trainers from other generations. We also have the Ultrabeasts episode and last but not least we can defend our title as champion to important characters in the game. I feel there is more postgame than the last generation for sure.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Can I have the pastebin of the Pokemon you can catch in different areas in Pokemon Sun/Moon, please?

http://pastebin.com/YjNi4Qdk

http://pastebin.com/HKEVPUYX

Regarding Toucannon, it may not be Staraptor or Talonflame, but I wonder just how usable it can be made to be. Its Attack stat and Beak Blast are its main selling points. Beak Blast to me seems like it could be capable of playing mind games as well as stopping sweeps from much faster pokemon, assuming it works like Focus Punch in being set up at the start of the turn regardless of your speed. Provided you can be sure you're opponent is going to use a contact move (Outrage, Close Combat, Bullet Punch. Waterfall, Aqua Jet, Flare Blitz, Brave Bird and many others), you can send Toucannon in and give them the choice of either switching out and having their switch-in take the hit, or having their physical sweeper crippled by a burn. And unlike Will-O-Wisp in such a situation there would be no chance to miss the effect unless they switch out since it is activated by the opponent touching you.

Toucannon has a few tricks up its sleeve, like Skill Link Bullet Seed/Rock Blast. Sheer Force is largely useless as the only moves that get boost are Steel Wing and Rock Smash.

Are HA available in the game straight away? There are some good HA that I would like to use ...

Also Marshadow is probably not available in the story, isnt it? Its an event pokemon?

We don't know and yes it is an event Pokémon.

Last edited:

badwolf1234

Dont know why people feel disappointed like there is no postgame, I feel there is a lot of postgame. We have the Battle Tree where we will battle Blue and Red and a few other past trainers from other generations. We also have the Ultrabeasts episode and last but not least we can defend our title as champion to important characters in the game. I feel there is more postgame than the last generation for sure.

I think some are more disappointed withe the lack of characters for battle tree and lack of battle frontier...

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Anything on the Ash-chu?

sheld999

I think some are more disappointed withe the lack of characters for battle tree and lack of battle frontier...

from what i heard post game is big according to the makers and directors they said it should keep us busy

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Anthea

Ugh. I have to say, I am feeling a little disappointed.

I'm really bothered by the fact that Pyukumuku can't attack. I wasn't planning on using one and at least its movepool would perhaps give it a niche in competitive, but as far as single player goes it's practically useless. Why doesn't it have access to some token Water moves or something? I swear even a tank/wall needs something in the way of damage!

And yeah, everything's pretty slow this region too, which is a bit silly and might make it unfair when battling older Pokemon. Again, I'm not competitive, but still...

(Idk if they went too crazy or not with the nerfs, either, since I'm not on the scene)

Things also seem a little too dark for my tastes. I was never really fond of the whole multiverse split in ORAS but at least there it was only implied, so you could just forget about it if you weren't interested. Here it's stated full on that the games are in different universes, that people have been kidnapped and given amnesia from the old games (?!) and that possibly the old universe has gone through an apocalypse? It all feels a bit much; I don't know if there needed to be a universe split in the first place (yeah, some games have been remade, but others haven't, and it's not like the two sets are that different) and the whole thing seems a little confusing and something about it doesn't fit in with Pokemon for me. I don't know what, maybe it just seems too distracting from the actual Pokemon aspect, even if the Ultras were behind it.

Also not fond of the darker Pokedex entries, especially with Megas. Again, wasn't it supposed to be based on friendship, so why is it turning Pokemon into battling machines? It... kinda sucks the fun out of stuff. At least Pokedex entries are easy to ignore...

Sorry for all of the negativity. There are some things I do like. The plot seems pretty good for Pokemon standards from what I've heard (though I'd need to experience things myself to know for sure). I really like Kukui being the Champion. Some of the new Pokemon designs are still very good. I just wanted to get some stuff off my chest, that's all.

Pokemon always had violent undertones, and like the creatures that they are based off, they can be brutal too. Gf finally is bringing that into the world as well as speciation and is slowly coming full circle. The only one who is out of place, or "sucking up all the fun" is you and your lack of understanding.

Now sashay, away.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Neat video of the UBs in Poke-refresh. You get a closer look at their faces, features and behavior.

[video=youtube;11uyK9C58NM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11uyK9C58NM[/video]

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Garbage eater is adorable, holy ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.