• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtqc

MY BEANS!
I understand the need to streamline the campaign for today's audience, but much of the post game is optional... If people didn't like triples and rotation because of how "complex" they were they just wouldn't use them. They wouldn't just stop playing... And even if they did just "stop" playing because of it, what else can they do but stop playing without it? Because nothing replaced it. There's literally nothing else for them to do in its stead to keep interest. How can we be on the seventh generation, and the post game facility is going backwards back to gen 3???

I'm not excited about a lack of post game either, but I think the issue is that they wouldn't want to waste time and resources on things that, to them, would not be used or enjoyed. They'd rather put those resources and energy into the main game.

Buuut... who knows if that's actually what will turn out to be the case... though this game does seem way more connected and cohesive than X and Y felt.

Dunk Master Jax

Forest Ninja Trainer
I've consolidated the list that Trainer Yusuf put together of pokemon with moveset changes for the old pokemon.

Butterfree - Air Slash
Beedrill - Venoshock
Spearow - Focus Energy
Clefairy - Spotlight
Jigglypuff - Stockpile, Spit Up, Swallow
Zubat - Absorb
Paras - Absorb
Golduck - Me First
Mankey - Pursuit, Stomping Tantrum, Outrage, Power Trip (egg)
Growlithe - Burn Up (egg)
Machamp - Strength

Bellsprout - Poison Jab
Doduo - Swords Dance, Jump Kick
Cubone - Stomping Tantrum
Starmie - Spotlight
Gyarados - Scary Face, Hurricane
Snorlax - High Horsepower

Articuno - Freeze-Dry
Zapdos - Magnetic Flux
Moltres - Burn Up
Mewtwo - Laser Focus
Cyndaquil - Burn Up
Furret - Agility, Coil
Hoothoot - Moonblast
Ledyba - Air Slash
Spinarak - Absorb, Infestation, Toxic Thread
Ariados - Swords Dance, Focus Energy
Pichu - Electric Terrain (egg)

Bellossom - Quiver Dance, Petal Dance
Sudowoodo - Head Smash
Dunsparce - Body Slam, Air Slash, Dragon Rush
Sneasel -Throat Chop (egg)
Corsola -Liquidation (egg)
Delibird - Drill Peck

Poochyena - Yawn, Play Rough
Mightyena - Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Ice Fang
Taillow - Reversal, Hurricane (egg)
Surskit - Lunge (egg)
Nincada - Absorb
Volbeat - Infestation
Illumise - Infestation
Swalot - Venom Drench
Carvanha - Psychic Fangs (egg)
Wailord - Soak, Noble Roar
Grumpig - Belch
Spinda - Spotlight (egg)
Flygon - Dragon Dance

Seviper - Feint, Swords Dance
Lunatone - Power Gem, Psyshock
Solrock - Flare Blitz
Whiscash - Thrash, Belch
Relicanth - Flail
Luvdisc - Heart Stamp, Soak
Bidoof - Crunch, Swords Dance
Bibarel - Aqua Jet
Kricketune - Absorb
Wormadam - Quiver Dance, Sucker Punch, Bug Buzz
Mothim - Lunge
Ambipom - Dual Chop
Stunky - Bite, Venom Drench, Sucker Punch
Bonsly - Tearful Look
Lucario - Laser Focus, Work Up
Probopass - Tri Attack, Magnetic Flux

Patrat - Focus Energy, Nasty Plot
Lillipup - Psychic Fangs (egg)
Pansage - Frenzy Plant (tutor)
Pansear - Blast Burn (tutor)
Panpour - Hydro Cannon (tutor)
Musharna - Psychic Terrain
Throh - Mat Block
Basculin - Head Smash
Sandile - Power Trip (egg)
Tirtouga - Liquidation (egg)
Emolga - Speed Swap (egg)
Alomomola - Play Nice, Whirlpool

Klingklang - Gear Up
Beheeyem - Psychic Terrain
Cryogonal - Ancient Power
Golett - Stomping Tantrum
Golurk - High Horsepower
Heatmor - Fire Lash, Flare Blitz
Larvesta - Absorb
Litleo - Flare Blitz (egg)
Pancham - Power Trip (egg)
Pangoro - Bullet Punch

Avalugg - Body Slam
Noibat - Absorb

Absorb appears to have replaced Leech Life in most situations, so some have probably been missed from this list. This list also doesn't include new TM changes.

The bold shows pokemon that are in the Alola dex.

Simple Bidoof Eviolite Swords Dance

Grey Wind

Champion is revealed in this channel.
Hahaha, looks like the Pelliper dude we all thought was a Kahuna is just the generic veteran trainer.

Where did you find that guy?

Do we have the battle intro models already?

Could that be the Dark Kahuna? He has the red theme going.
These are most of the models:

http://s558.photobucket.com/user/magpiejay/media/1478621485731_zpsiawwjq6a.png.html
http://s558.photobucket.com/user/magpiejay/media/1478619487173_zpsg2btyrvy.png.html
http://s558.photobucket.com/user/magpiejay/media/1478618920596_zpsrifmq9ld.png.html
http://s558.photobucket.com/user/magpiejay/media/1478618716980_zpstu90gpgn.png.html
http://s558.photobucket.com/user/magpiejay/media/1478618573313_zps55sqdy2x.png.html

And these are the battle "sprites":

http://imgur.com/a/c0l7E

He's not the Dark Kahuna anyway, since that's presumably the moody looking guy with the rest of the Captains/Kahunas. Could be the head of the Battle Tree or something.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I wonder if within all this we will finally find out the official names of the player characters. And if not, when.

diakyu

So a lot of footage of story cutscenes are up on Pokefan International's channel, and I mean a lot. I am weak, watching it all lol.

diakyu

Totally called the Lillie, Lusamine, and Gladion dynamic, and also called how they got their Pokemon. I deserve a "Can Read Obvious Signs" Award.

shadowF

does anyone know which pokemon are exclusive to which version? As well can we capture all the Ultra Beasts?

Last what would be the best moveset, nature and ability for Incineroar if I want to use it competitively?

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
May I have a confirmation regarding Alolan Vulpix? Some sources state that it can only be found in Sun, however Kaphotics' video shows that it can only be found in Moon. Which one is correct?

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
does anyone know which pokemon are exclusive to which version? As well can we capture all the Ultra Beasts?

Last what would be the best moveset, nature and ability for Incineroar if I want to use it competitively?

I'm not sure about general pokemon. But I heard that Kartana (Origami UB) is exclusive to Sun, while Celesteena (Rocket UB) is exclusive to Moon.

May I have a confirmation regarding Alolan Vulpix? Some sources state that it can only be found in Sun, however Kaphotics' video shows that it can only be found in Moon. Which one is correct?

It's only found in Sun; in the wild encounter rates text, which is for Moon, Sandshrew is mentioned, whereas Vulpix is not.

EDIT: Greninja'd

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I believe the video description says that was a mix up, thus it is a Sun version pokemon.

Yep you can only use the move during Hail.
Question is if that requirement is only for its activation, or if having the weather cease or change to another weather negates the effect. I hope not the latter as that would remove a fair bit of its viability. The description does say it can be used only in a hailstorm, but doesn't say if the effect ceases once the hailstorm ends.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
A lot of videos spoiler in youtube but haven't seen anyone post about catching other UBs yet. (I think some UBs might be only event)

Btw, Is it confirm that horde battle has been removed?
and is there any post game stuff similar to friend safari or mirage island?

Blizzardy

Loves Eeveelutions
Has there been anything confirmed about shiny (aiding) mechanics yet?
I have read somewhere that Dexnav wasn't going to be re-implemented in this game, but is there a radar, horde battles, chain fishing, anything that increases the odds of finding a shiny?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Butterfree - Air Slash QD + Air Slash
Jigglypuff - Stockpile, Spit Up, Swallow - Wigglytuff's high HP stat plus wish recovery plus defenses increase is cool.
Bellsprout - Poison Jab- Swords Dance, Sucker Punch, Poison Jab, Leaf Blade or any combo involving those is nice
Doduo - Swords Dance, Jump Kick- Very Nice. Not only can Doduo baton pass SD quite well with its speed (which is now even better), but it has great coverage with Drill Peck and Jump Kick.
Articuno - Freeze-Dry Articuno can now handle those pesky water types
Furret - Agility, Coil Furret has access to Baton Pass, so either of these moves is going to be fun to BP. Furret itself has a good speed stat, then combining in Coil can actually give it some offensive presence.
Ariados - Swords Dance, Focus Energy Swords Dance + Sucker Punch
Bellossom - Quiver Dance, Petal Dance- Tbh Bellossom is kind of a clone of Lilligant at this point. But Quiver Dance on Bellossom is awesome.
Sudowoodo - Head Smash Rock Head + Wood Hammer + Head Smash :D
Dunsparce - Body Slam, Air Slash Both these moves work nicely with Serene Grace
Flygon - Dragon Dance This is the move everyone was waiting for. Will really make a difference.
Bidoof - Crunch, Swords Dance Swords Dance and Simple is cool.
Bibarel - Aqua Jet Swords Dance, Simple, and Aqua Jet is really cool.
Wormadam - Quiver Dance, Sucker Punch, Bug Buzz Quiver Dance and Bug Buzz are awesome moves for Wormadam. I see Wormadam trash benefiting the most from this.
Tirtouga - Liquidation (egg)- Cool alternative to Waterfall
Emolga - Speed Swap (egg) Could really benefit since Emolga has high speed and can increase it further with Motor Drive and Agility.
Alomomola - Whirlpool Could increase its stalling potential
Heatmor - Fire Lash, Flare Blitz A physical Heatmor is now possible. Fun.
Pangoro - Bullet Punch Take down those nasty fairy types

My thoughts on the ones that are interesting and will potentially make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.