• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowlet

Last edited:

hustenapfel

I don't know, "it will send you to Pokémon Moon/Sun Version World" indicates to me that we get sent into the world of the opposite game...

GDK

I don't know, "it will send you to Pokémon Moon/Sun Version World" indicates to me that we get sent into the world of the opposite game...

Yeah and you meet the opposing legendary, but all it does is creating another cosmog and then you take it back to your world.

ebevan91

No, you get a cosmog which can evolve into another lunala or solgaleo depnding of your version, meaning you can get 2 of the same box legendaries.

could be, more realistic than marshadow

I'm not so sure if it is or not. But, its BST is different than the UBs and it also learns a signature move at level 73.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It's about the mindgames as well. Do you attack it and risk a Baneful Bunker or do you not attack it, and risk Toxic/layer of Toxic Spikes, followed by Critical Hit Venoshock or Critical hit Scald? You don't have to run both Baneful Bunker and Toxic Spikes/Toxic, it's about the mindgames you present your opponent with.

Toxapex: Special Critical Hitter:
Nature: Relaxed
Ev's: 252HP, 252Def, 4SpD.
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
- Toxic/Toxic Spikes/Baneful Bunker: MINDGAMES.
- Venoshock: Haven't done any calcs, but even from a 53 SpA, a Crit+STAB+130Bp should still be a lot of damage, plus that toxic/poison damage afterwards.
- Surf/Scald: Surf since your strategy is to Poison, but Scald could be handy to burn-neutralize physical threats that can sustain Poison.
- Recover: No brainer.

Or just go for sustain with Regenerator and Toxic Spikes, Baneful Bunker, Recover and Venoshock/Scald.. Play mindgames. Figure out what they'll do. If they're choiced in a bad move, go for the free Toxic Spikes as they switch out, they get poisoned. Then play a game.. if you think they'll attack you physically, then Baneful Bunker, yay, Poison damage! Recover the damage of you receive on the next turn (assuming they won't 1HKO), again, yay! Poison damage! Then just Baneful Bunker again for a free round of Poison damage and switch out on the next turn for the Regenerator refill.. DAMN. If you're tricky enough, you might be able to set another layer of Toxic Spikes while the opponent gets annoyed and the Poison just keeps dwindling the health of your opponent. Annoying as hell! Scald for Poison and Steel-types and things that can better be burned then Poisoned.

I was thinking more like: Toxic Spikes and even though your SpA is not worth anything normally, a STAB Critical hit 130BP-Venoshock + residual poison damage is going to rack up.

Calced Venoshock versus a few random Doubles threats. Tentacruel's base Sp. Atk set to 53 for these calcs.

252+ SpA Tentacruel Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mega Kangaskhan on a critical hit: 202-238 (57.5 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage
252+ SpA Tentacruel Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Thundurus on a critical hit: 241-285 (80.6 - 95.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage <-- KO'd after 2 rounds of Poison damage.
252+ SpA Tentacruel Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Mega Salamence on a critical hit: 244-288 (73.7 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage <-- Chance to KO after 2 rounds of Poison damage.
252+ SpA Tentacruel Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Latias on a critical hit: 160-189 (43.9 - 51.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage

It's good, but it's not really game breaking. For a comparison...

252+ SpA Tentacruel Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew on a critical hit: 202-238 (59.2 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Venoshock (130 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 277-328 (81.2 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after poison damage

Life Orb Gengar does noticably more damage, even without the critical hit. So you'd be better off pairing him with a stronger Venoshock user and using his Baneful Bunker to induce Poison on the opponents for his teammates.

But in the end this is a gimmicky strategy that won't really work in a serious competitive environment anyways, especially with Gengar's newfound weakness to Ground. Thanks GameFreak.

GDK

I'm not so sure if it is or not. But, its BST is different than the UBs and it also learns a signature move at level 73.

BST is different, ability is different (prism armor instead of BEAST Boost). But it can be an UB, after all lunala and solgaleo are too.

pOlarizer

It's about the mindgames as well. Do you attack it and risk a Baneful Bunker or do you not attack it, and risk Toxic/layer of Toxic Spikes, followed by Critical Hit Venoshock or Critical hit Scald? You don't have to run both Baneful Bunker and Toxic Spikes/Toxic, it's about the mindgames you present your opponent with.

Toxapex: Special Critical Hitter:
Nature: Relaxed
Ev's: 252HP, 252Def, 4SpD.
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
- Toxic/Toxic Spikes/Baneful Bunker: MINDGAMES.
- Venoshock: Haven't done any calcs, but even from a 53 SpA, a Crit+STAB+130Bp should still be a lot of damage, plus that toxic/poison damage afterwards.
- Surf/Scald: Surf since your strategy is to Poison, but Scald could be handy to burn-neutralize physical threats that can sustain Poison.
- Recover: No brainer.

Or just go for sustain with Regenerator and Toxic Spikes, Baneful Bunker, Recover and Venoshock/Scald.. Play mindgames. Figure out what they'll do. If they're choiced in a bad move, go for the free Toxic Spikes as they switch out, they get poisoned. Then play a game.. if you think they'll attack you physically, then Baneful Bunker, yay, Poison damage! Recover the damage of you receive on the next turn (assuming they won't 1HKO), again, yay! Poison damage! Then just Baneful Bunker again for a free round of Poison damage and switch out on the next turn for the Regenerator refill.. DAMN. If you're tricky enough, you might be able to set another layer of Toxic Spikes while the opponent gets annoyed and the Poison just keeps dwindling the health of your opponent. Annoying as hell! Scald for Poison and Steel-types and things that can better be burned then Poisoned.

I was thinking more like: Toxic Spikes and even though your SpA is not worth anything normally, a STAB Critical hit 130BP-Venoshock + residual poison damage is going to rack up.

In none? Not even Scyther? Farfetch'd?

Interesting set. No mindgames will need to be played if they are attacking with non contact moves/protective pads/long reach though.

By the way, has friend safari been confirmed? If so, at what point of the game do we get access?

R_N

BST is different, ability is different (prism armor instead of BEAST Boost). But it can be an UB, after all lunala and solgaleo are too.

it actually isnt one
both dialog & dex say it isnt, just confused with one

which is interesting

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
At least HMs are finally gone in Sun/Moon, which should've happened ages ago. I don't know why GF took this long to overhaul that outdated system...

Fiore1300

I learned that Zygarde now learns Extreme Speed, Thousand Waves, Thousand Arrows, and maybe Core Enforcer from the Zygarde Cube as you collect more and more Zygarde Cells. Does anyone here know where this information comes from? Not that I don't trust it but I like to have references, and I'd like to know if the Cube teaches any more moves.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
So I've been looking over some of the spoilers on Pokejungle and I got to ask, can Solgaleo and Lunaala breed? because they are the fully evolved forms of Cosmog, same for story for Silvally can they breed? because they are evolved Pokemon and as far as I am concerned and not legendaries (in my mind legendaries don't evolve, with the arguable exception of mega-evolution) obviously if they can breed its with a Ditto but still.

Fiore1300

So I've been looking over some of the spoilers on Pokejungle and I got to ask, can Solgaleo and Lunaala breed? because they are the fully evolved forms of Cosmog, same for story for Silvally can they breed? because they are evolved Pokemon and as far as I am concerned and not legendaries (in my mind legendaries don't evolve, with the arguable exception of mega-evolution) obviously if they can breed its with a Ditto but still.

No. According to the leaks, they cannot breed. Neither can Silvally. This is the first time this has happened, to my knowledge, and it presents some problems: namely for people trying to complete a Living Dex.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
No. According to the leaks, they cannot breed. Neither can Silvally. This is the first time this has happened, to my knowledge, and it presents some problems: namely for people trying to complete a Living Dex.

well that's annoying, I think gamefreak may have finally gone completely bonkers with this revelation.

pOlarizer

Living dex is still possible if you have 2 games since you get Solgaleo/Lunaala and a cosmog per game

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
Some info I've gathered over the past day or so:

Version exclusives:

Sun - Alola Ninetales, Trapinch, Braviary, Turtonator, Garchomp, Goodra, Carracosta, Whimsicott, Rampardos, Passimian, Lycanroc Midday, Solgaleo, UB-02 Absorption, UB-04 Blade

Moon - Alola Sandslash, Drampa, Metagross, Flygon, Bastidon, Archeops, Mandbuzz, Liligant, Oranguru, Lycanrock Midnight, Lunala, UB-02 Beauty, UB-04 Blaster

Thanks so much for this! Is this complete/confirmed?

I ask because it looks uneven, one less Moon exclusive to Sun. Not sure if that's abnormal or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.