• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

GillianPuzzle

Physical Trainer
I guess that does make sense, although considering they went out of their way to classify Solgaleo/Lunala as Ultra Beasts (as opposed to "Special Pokemon") and then went to say Necrozma isn't one despite all the other similarities just bugs me to some degree.

But knowing them, they might be just opting for a "Surprise, Necozma is also an Ultra Beast" later down the road. Pokemon tend to be very obvious with all these things (seriously from the way almost everyone was jumping that Lusamine was the antagonist from the moment she was revealed, I don't think they will ever go for further mind-games, even if the Aether Foundation being one is technically a fresh twist for the main games, we're just too genre-savvy to impress by now).

Here's what Pokemon Sun pokedex say about Nercozma: "Reminiscent of the Ultra Beasts, this life-form, apparently asleep underground, is thought to have come from another world in ancient times."
It came from another world in the past, similar to how Pokemon Moon pokedex say about Lunale: "Said to live in another world, this Pokémon devours light, drawing the moonless dark veil of night over the brightness of day." Pokemon Sun pokedex also say the same about Solgaleo: "It is said to live in another world. The intense light it radiates from the surface of its body can make the darkest of nights light up like midday."
It had already been stated that both Lunale and Solgaleo are Ultra Beasts, so basically, Necrozma is either an ancient Ultra Beast or have connections to Ultra Beasts just like Lunale and Solgaleo.
It should make sense that Necrozma is at least just a forgotten Legendary Pokemon (that's why no-one acknowledge that it is actually an ancient Ultra Beast as there are no dates for it!) who have connection with our good legendary lion and bat.

But then again, I could be wrong.

Last edited:

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
I just curious that what kind of world that UBs reside....

When GF is talking about another world/dimension. They only gave a little clue about it. e.g. dialga. palkia and arceus's world.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Does any1 has a picture of Necrozma ?

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
A few Ultra Beast sets.

ckAXLQ3.png

Kartana @ Life Orb
Jolly - Beast Boost
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Defence
-Sword's Dance
-Smart Strike
-Leaf Blade
-Sacred Sword

I'm actually predicting Kartana will end up in Ubers. It has an absolutely absurd Attack stat that bests Mega Rayquaza, a great Speed tier, and respectable physical bulk. Its downsides are that it has an absolutely god-awful offensive typing, no good high base power moves, and virtually no special bulk at all, but that jaw-dropping Attack, usable Speed, and Beast Boost are going to make it a terrifying threat for literally any team archetype to play against. The first set I'm going to use is this Sword's Dance set. After a single boost, Kartana seems like it can plow through unprepared teams, and while none of his moves are particularly strong, he at least gets decent coverage.

XPdZXU.png

Pheromosa @ Life Orb
Naive - Beast Boost
252 Speed, 252 Attack, 4 Sp. Atk
-High Jump Kick
-U-Turn
-Ice Beam
-Poison Jab / Rapid Spin / Taunt

When I first saw Pheromosa my attention was immediately drawn to the fact that it had Quiver Dance. However, the more I thought about it, the more I realized Pheromosa probably wouldn't make a very good Quiver Dance user anyways. Its Special movepool is pretty barren and it's the epitome of glass cannons, so it would have a very hard time setting up. I thought about it a bit more, and realized that Pheromosa is in many ways a sort of poor man's Deoxys-Attack, and would make a great revengekiller, offensive pivot, and lead thanks to its blazing Speed and high offenses. High Jump Kick is her strongest STAB, and it'll leave a dent in anything that doesn't resist it coming off of that great base 137 Attack. U-Turn also gets STAB and allows you to pivot, making it great for offensive teams and forming Volt-Turn cores with slower users like Rotom-W. Ice Beam works off of her Sp. Atk stat to nail Garchomp, Landorus-T, and Gliscor who would otherwise love to switch in on her. The last slot is kind of a tossup. Poison Jab stops Fairies from hard walling you, but it won't really do enough damage to make it ever worth staying on on them I don't think. Rapid Spin is a great utility move but maybe more suited to something that can actually take a hit. Finally Taunt works great on leads.

lidnpX.png

Xurkitree @ Life Orb
Timid - Beast Boost
252 Speed, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Defence
-Tail Glow
-Thunderbolt
-Energy Ball
-Hidden Power (Ice)

Hey you. Do you hate stall, balance, and bulky offense? Then man, do I have the 'mon for you. Xurkitree here sports a very weird stat spread. It's not too fast, although it's not painfully slow either. It's not too bulky, although it's also not too frail. However, its Special Attack stat is through the roof, and if that wasn't enough, it has freaking Tail Glow. While he might be deadweight versus most faster offensive teams, he has the potential to singlehandedly steamroll slower teams.

+3 252 SpA Life Orb Xurkitree Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 302-356 (47 - 55.4%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO.

Yep. Good game.

PaeRmDC.png

Celesteela @ Assault Vest
Adamant - Beast Boost
172 HP, 252 Attack, 84 Speed
-Earthquake
-Heavy Slam
-Seed Bomb
-Fire Blast

I didn't really pay much attention to Celesteela at first. His stats just didn't stand out to me much. However, when I took a closer look at him I realized he'd make for a solid Assault Vest user. This is the set I eventually came up with. EV spread allows him to creep standard Specs Magnezone. Heavy Slam is obviously his best STAB (he's now one of the heaviest users of the move) and it's going to absolutely crush anything that it hits. Earthquake gets good coverage, hitting other Steel types and Electric types hard, most notably destroying Magnezone that may try to trap him. Seed Bomb is kinda a weird move for him to have, but it's nice to toss at incoming bulky Waters I suppose. Finally, the last slot is sort of filler, but even with an Adamant nature Fire Blast OHKOs offensive Scizor and 2HKOs bulky Mega Scizor, Skarmory, and Ferrothorn.​

Last edited:

GillianPuzzle

Physical Trainer

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Here's what Pokemon Sun pokedex say about Nercozma: "Reminiscent of the Ultra Beasts, this life-form, apparently asleep underground, is thought to have come from another world in ancient times."
It came from another world in the past, similar to how Pokemon Moon pokedex say about Lunale: "Said to live in another world, this Pokémon devours light, drawing the moonless dark veil of night over the brightness of day." Pokemon Sun pokedex also say the same about Solgaleo: "It is said to live in another world. The intense light it radiates from the surface of its body can make the darkest of nights light up like midday."
It had already been stated that both Lunale and Solgaleo are Ultra Beasts, so basically, Necrozma is either an ancient Ultra Beast or have connections to Ultra Beasts just like Lunale and Solgaleo.
It should make sense that Necrozma is at least just a forgotten Legendary Pokemon (that's why no-one acknowledge that it is actually an ancient Ultra Beast as there are no dates for it!) who have connection with our good legendary lion and bat.

But then again, I could be wrong.
Yep this. Necrozma is essentially a UB+.

Necrozma is the only one that makes sense to me. Also if you think about it, even though they are Ultra Beasts, Solgaleo and Lunala have different abilities from the regular UBs (which is Beast Boost) and Necrozma also happens to have a different ability. Furthermore, Necrozma is definitely paired together with UBs and probably has as much connection to them as Solgaleo and Lunala.

Here's something else: it says that "light is apparently the source of its energy," which makes me inclined to think that Necrozma is part of a trio with Solgaleo and Lunala (as sun/moon light is the source of their energy as well). Additionally, it shares the Psychic type with them.

And something else: Necrozma gets BOTH Morning Sun and Moonlight at level 1. Oddly fitting, isn't it? :p

Its BST is 600, which fits both Landorus and Zygarde %50.

So it can be both the leader of UBs and the trio master of box legends, especially since box legendaries are also UBs.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
From the looks of it since alola only has 2 mythical pokemon gen 7 will be a fast gen and maybe Switch will have gen 8?

Basically speaking, yes. That's exactly what's going to happen.

GillianPuzzle

Physical Trainer
If anyone's interesting about Ultra Beasts in action, you can watch this Pokemon Moon live steaming video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psxGE2YgOqw

This video took place in post-game, so obviously there are tons of spoilers in this video. Be careful!

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
I heard the Apricorn Balls are back. Does anyone know how they are obtained? Do you buy them? Do you find them around the region or does someone give them to you?

GillianPuzzle

Physical Trainer
I knew that someone had said it before, but...

can we assume that Ultra Beasts are Legendary Pokemon given that Lunala and Solgaleo are Ultra Beasts as mentioned in-game? Or will Ultra Beasts become a new group that are similar to Legendary and powerful Pokemon in term of stats, moves and abilities but are from completely different world and therefore are not native to our known Pokemon world.

Because if Ultra Beasts are not legendary...then this generation will be first generation to have no new 'true' Legendary Pokemon, assume that four Tapu are stated to be Guardian Deities rather than being Legendary Pokemon and last two Pokemon, Magearne and Marshadow, are Mythical Pokemon.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I knew that someone had said it before, but...

can we assume that Ultra Beasts are Legendary Pokemon given that Lunala and Solgaleo are Ultra Beasts as mentioned in-game? Or will Ultra Beasts become a new group that are similar to Legendary and powerful Pokemon in term of stats, moves and abilities but are from completely different world and therefore are not native to our known Pokemon world.

Because if Ultra Beasts are not legendary...then this generation will be first generation to have no new 'true' Legendary Pokemon, assume that four Tapu are stated to be Guardian Deities rather than being Legendary Pokemon and last two Pokemon, Magearne and Marshadow, are Mythical Pokemon.

You can get multiple UBs of a single species in storyline and in-game, so no.

I heard the Apricorn Balls are back. Does anyone know how they are obtained? Do you buy them? Do you find them around the region or does someone give them to you?

The latter, as far as I know.

Also, so on Necrozma's moves:

- Moonlight ((Lunala))
- Morning Sun ((Solgaleo))
- Charge Beam ((Lunala))
- Mirror Shot ((N/A))
- Metal Claw ((Solgaleo))
- Confusion ((Lunala))
7 Slash ((N/A)
13 Stored Power ((N/A))
19 Rock Blast ((N/A))
23 Night Slash ((Kartana))
31 Gravity ((N/A))
37 Psycho Cut ((Kartana))
43 Power Gem ((Nihilego))
47 Autotomize ((Celesteela))
53 Stealth Rock ((Nihilego))
59 Iron Defense ((Celesteela))
67 Wring Out ((Guzzlord))
73 Prismatic Laser ((Signature))
TM03 Psyshock ((Solgaleo & Lunala))
TM04 Calm Mind ((Solgaleo & Lunala, Xurkitree & Kartana))
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen ((Solgaleo & Lunala, Xurkitree & Nihilego))
TM17 Protect
TM21 Frustration
TM22 Solar Beam ((Solgaleo & Lunala, Xurkitree & Celesteela))
TM26 Earthquake ((Solgaleo & Buzzwole, Guzzlord & Celesteela))
TM27 Return
TM29 Psychic ((Solgaleo & Lunala & Nihilego))
TM31 Brick Break ((Buzzwole, Kartana, Celesteela, Pheromosa)
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect ((Solgaleo & Lunala, Xurkitree & Nihilego))
TM39 Rock Tomb ((Solgaleo, Buzzwole, Guzzlord))
TM40 Aerial Ace ((Lunala, Kartana))
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM46 Thief ((Guzzlord))
TM48 Round
TM56 Fling ((Guzzlord, Buzzwole, Pheromosa, Xurxitree))
TM57 Charge Beam ((Lunala, Xurkitree & Nihilego))
TM59 Brutal Swing ((Guzzlord, Celesteela, Xurxitree, Nihilego))
TM63 Embargo ((Unique))
TM65 Shadow Claw ((Lunala & Guzzlord))
TM67 Smart Strike ((Kartana & Celesteela))
TM68 Giga Impact
TM69 Rock Polish ((Unique))
TM71 Stone Edge ((Solgaleo, Buzzwole, Guzzlord, Celesteela))
TM73 Thunder Wave ((Solgaleo & Lunala, Xurkitree & Nihilego))
TM74 Gyro Ball ((Solgaleo, Buzzwole, Guzzlord, Celesteela))
TM75 Swords Dance ((Kartana))
TM78 Bulldoze ((Solgaleo, Buzzwole, Guzzlord, Celesteela))
TM80 Rock Slide ((Solgaleo, Buzzwole, Guzzlord, Celesteela))
TM81 X-Scissor ((Kartana))
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM91 Flash Cannon ((Solgaleo & Celesteela))
TM92 Trick Room ((Solgaleo & Lunala & Nihilego))
TM97 Dark Pulse ((Guzzlord))
TM100 Confide

Edit: On Necrozma:
"its at ten carat hill after the Looker quest, use repels because it's level 75"
"Can confirm, just find it here myself.
It didn't have UB intro
Catchable in other Pokeballs
Unique music
Rotom called it a legendary instead of an unknown Pokemon
Doesn't have UB ability
Yet after catching it said "you found a mysterious life form that appeared to be an ultra beast"

Wonder if there's more to it than meets the eye or they're pulling a gen 6 and having a million unexplained mysteries that will never be explained"

Edit 2:
https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/search/text/ZYGARDE/page/1/
"
https://projectpokemon.org/research/sunmoon/storytext.txt

You cannot separate the unified Zygarde with the Power Construct Ability because its Cells are bound together so tightly. Please select a Zygarde that can be separated!"

""Zygarde is said to maintain the order of the Kalos region...then why is it in Alola...? Is it a sign that something is about to happen?"
- Dexio & Sina"

Edit 3:
Someone got the Necrozma deal covered, apparently:
"Ultra Beasts are Pokémon from a completely different planet in a completely different universe. They don't seem to have humans or any species capable of training them so they evolved down a very different path to Pokémon in the main universe. Wormholes have led them to the main universe where they're wreaking havoc because they weren't designed to fit into Alola's ecosystem.Pokeballs have trouble identifying their DNA as Pokémon DNA so Beast Balls were created specifically for them.

Essentially they're very distantly related cousins of modern Pokemon but from another world too. They might be what Pokemon were like before humans evolved. And Necrozma is genetically halfway between an Ultra Beast and a Pokemon and has slept underground for thousands of years. He's pretty much confirmed as the third main legendary this gen and we know nothing else about him yet."

Last edited:

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
Who said that only Gyarados runs away in fear from Wishiwashi (School Form). With those stats, even Arceus would run away from it.

On another note, really disappointed that the only boost Zygarde 100% gets is in HP. Atleast it would have been better if its Atk & S.Atk would have been increased to atleast 110 or 120.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.