• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

FireChick

Does Alola Raichu learn new moves after it evolves? Because I know regular Raichu and other Pokemon don't learn new moves after evolving with stones.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Does Alola Raichu learn new moves after it evolves? Because I know regular Raichu and other Pokemon don't learn new moves after evolving with stones.

Raichu-1
60/85/50/95/85/110
Electric/Psychic
Surge Surfer
50% Male
21.0kg (40)
Field/Fairy
2560 Steps
Medium Fast
3 Spe
- Psychic
- Speed Swap
- Thunder Shock
- Tail Whip
- Quick Attack
- Thunderbolt
TM03 Psyshock
TM04 Calm Mind
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM27 Return
TM29 Psychic
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Echoed Voice
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM57 Charge Beam
TM68 Giga Impact
TM72 Volt Switch
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM93 Wild Charge
TM100 Confide

tl;dr: No, but it gets Speed Swap and Psychic through Heart Scale, and some moves from TM.

Speed Swap replaces your speed with your target.

interludes

Dark type trainer
You can get multiple UBs of a single species in storyline and in-game, so no.

Can you confirm that? I was going to get moon but now I see the "katana" UB exclusive for sun...if it's possible to catch more UBs I can still trade for it

Ninetales69

Just really curious to know if there are any game changing items like last gen's assault vest. Think I read somewhere that there are only 6 new held items. Can anyone please confirm?

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
You can get multiple UBs of a single species in storyline and in-game, so no.

So if UB's aren't really legendaries does this mean we might see them in competitive play? Haven't gotten a chance to look at their stats so not sure if they're up there with "Legendaries" like Mewtwo or "legendaries" like Articuno. (It still bugs me that they have regular names though - I thought the number system and Type:Null were a nice break from the flow).

If they all have Beast Boost though, that means we won't have to worry about perma-attract on Beauty like we were all afraid of lol

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Can you confirm that? I was going to get moon but now I see the "katana" UB exclusive for sun...if it's possible to catch more UBs I can still trade for it

You get two Celesteeles and four Buzzwoles. The reverse is true for Moon, two Kartanas and four Pheromosas.

You trade the other one with the other version to get the other UB.

So is their a confirmed list of version exclusives.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1309355&page=52
Sun - Moon
>Solgaleo - Lunala
>Buzzwole - Pheromosa
>Celesteela - Kartana
>Lycanroc Midday - Lycanroc Midnight
>Turtonator - Drampa
>Passimian - Oranguru
>Alolan Ninetales - Alolan Sandslash
>Garchomp - Metagross
>Goodra - Flygon
>Rampardos - Bastiodon
>Carracosta - Archeops
>Braviary - Mandibuzz
>Whimsicott - Lilligant
So if UB's aren't really legendaries does this mean we might see them in competitive play? Haven't gotten a chance to look at their stats so not sure if they're up there with "Legendaries" like Mewtwo or "legendaries" like Articuno. (It still bugs me that they have regular names though - I thought the number system and Type:Null were a nice break from the flow).

If they all have Beast Boost though, that means we won't have to worry about perma-attract on Beauty like we were all afraid of lol

Pretty much yes, there is nothing against them in VGCs, so I expect them to be free game.

Just really curious to know if there are any game changing items like last gen's assault vest. Think I read somewhere that there are only 6 new held items. Can anyone please confirm?

Terrain Extender
An item to be held by a Pokémon. It extends the\nduration of the terrain caused by the holder’s move\nor Ability.

Protective Pads
An item to be held by a Pokémon. These pads\nprotect the holder from effects caused by\nmaking direct contact with the target.

Electric Seed
An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Defense\non Electric Terrain. It can only be used once.

Psychic Seed
An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Sp. Def\non Psychic Terrain. It can only be used once.

Misty Seed
An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Sp. Def\non Misty Terrain. It can only be used once.

Grassy Seed
An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Defense\non Grassy Terrain. It can only be used once.

This is it. Go wild.

Last edited:

wilmawong

Raichu-1
60/85/50/95/85/110
Electric/Psychic
Surge Surfer
50% Male
21.0kg (40)
Field/Fairy
2560 Steps
Medium Fast
3 Spe
- Psychic
- Speed Swap
- Thunder Shock
- Tail Whip
- Quick Attack
- Thunderbolt
TM03 Psyshock
TM04 Calm Mind
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM18 Rain Dance
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM24 Thunderbolt
TM25 Thunder
TM27 Return
TM29 Psychic
TM31 Brick Break
TM32 Double Team
TM33 Reflect
TM42 Facade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Echoed Voice
TM52 Focus Blast
TM56 Fling
TM57 Charge Beam
TM68 Giga Impact
TM72 Volt Switch
TM73 Thunder Wave
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM93 Wild Charge
TM100 Confide

tl;dr: No, but it gets Speed Swap and Psychic through Heart Scale, and some moves from TM.

Speed Swap replaces your speed with your target.

Where did you get these stats? Seems to be more info included than on the first page links

Bus

If they're not legends but they all have ridiculous stat spreads, it looks like they may become a new 'class' of pokemon; the Pseudo-Pseudo Legends!

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Last edited:

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
I'm going to ask again, regarding the story, how is it? Does it top Black/White's? Thanks.

Breyfunk

Mechanics question, sorry if this is the wrong thread or already answered, but do we know if Z Moves retain the priority status of the move that was selected to trigger the Z move? Example, if Donphan uses Ice type Z move with Ice Shard, does the Z move gain priority?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Looks like navidex like features
Looks even better than that considering the guy caught a starter (Chikorita)...

Does this mean I can potientially catch my boi Mudkip? :D

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
That still doesn't stop them from being legendary. Can't you also get 2 mascots in-game?

Yes, but as far as we are concerned they literally just giant space bugs out of nowhere, as functionally speaking they are the Weedle of their own Ultra Dimension.

Status
Not open for further replies.