• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citrus20

Lord of Marowaks
Has it been confirmed if a Pokemon i.e Cubone bred from previous gens will evolve into their Alolan counterparts?

badwolf1234

So correct me if im wrong but the way i understand it is

A coreless 10 zygarde get aura break and can be brokem to pieces again

While a core zygarde makes a zygarde with power construct?

Looks like any other potential tidbits about stats and such will have to wait. A LOT of videos and website pages are being pulled from the looks of things.

So, either Nintendo only finally noticed, or they've known all along and there's been some occurrence such as the ROM uploader being found out. Please don't let this happen again Nebby Ninty!

hoohlover

Beginning Trainer
So correct me if im wrong but the way i understand it is

A coreless 10 zygarde get aura break and can be brokem to pieces again

While a core zygarde makes a zygarde with power construct?

No, when you assemble Zygarde from the Cells, you have 2 options: Power Construct or Aura Break and 10% or 50%. If you choose Power Construct, the Zygarde assembled cannot be disassembled again as the Cells are "too tightly bound to each other". The Cores contain moves that can be taught to Zygarde. 5 Cores with 5 moves: Dragon Dance, Extreme Speed, Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves, and Core Enforcer.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
anybody got an image or anything on the hair colour options? as well as maybe the clothing options

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Aw man, looks like Kaphotics' videos were taken down.

Darn, that was my go-to source for the new Pokémon info... :(

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Huh?
Hopefully they're taking down other people's videos too. Some people have BIG spoilers right on the freaking thumbnail.

The link in the OP right beneath Kaphotics' youtube link should have most of the information. For new pokémon it only lacks heights and where to capture as far as I can see.

Last edited:

hoohlover

Beginning Trainer
The link in the OP right beneath Kaphotics' youtube link should have most of the information. For new pokémon it only lacks heights, evolution method and where to capture as far as I can see.

That's why I downloaded all the videos with pertinent information when they come out to anticipate for this.

hoohlover

Beginning Trainer
Yes, Soul Dew... If the Pokémon Latios or Latias holds it, the power of their Psychic- and Dragon-type moves will both go up by 20%.

From story text. Did they just nerf Soul Dew or did they already do it last gen???

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Huh?
Hopefully they're taking down other people's videos too. Some people have BIG spoilers right on the freaking thumbnail.
Yeah. I unfortunately saw a story scene spoiler in a thumbnail earlier today, so I'm glad they're cracking down on those at least.

Sulfurian

Anyone think Zygarde 10% will be worth using without power construct? I mean it has high speed..possible bulky coil that is pretty fast?

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
I am still so disappointed in Zygarde complete's stats. Double HP, but can only use it at 50% HP or lower. Wtf? Now it terms of competitive, here's what I'm thinking for the legendaries/ub:
Zygarde w/ Power Construct: 216/100/121/91/95/85 I don't really see it moving much, probably just from BL to OU. As I mentioned above, it doesn't gain much. Thousand Arrows/Thousand Waves are what it truly gains, and they might be enough to push it into Ubers, but I don't see it thriving there. Zygarde has a lot going for it, a move to increase its attack and defense (dragon dance), priority (extremespeed), and a ground type move that can hit flying types (thousand arrows). However, low attack and speed, as well as lack of powerful physical dragon moves (lack of dragon claw hurts) bring it down(though with its now better special attack stat, it could run Draco Meteor), and it essentially can't use its HUGE HP stat since it only gains it at 50% HP. I think, and don't quote me, it does offer some HP recovery (since once it transforms its HP stat increases) but I think it could only truly be powerful if it started out in 100% form, as its insane bulk would give it the opportunity to set up Dragon Dance enough to sweep. Overall, it will probably be in OU, but may move up slightly to the low tiers of Ubers.

Tapu Koko: 70/115/85/95/75/130 With its huge speed and good ability, Tapu Koko will be a threat no matter what, since its electric attacks will always be boosted, and not being able to sleep is handy against spore and dark void users. It gets access to some powerful physical moves (to take advantage of its decently high attack stat) in the form of Brave Bird, U-turn, and Wild Charge. However, lack of Play Rough hurts it, and outside of those it doesn't have many good physical attacks. It learns better special moves, such as Thunderbolt, Psychic, Volt Switch, Grass Knot, and Dazzling Gleam. Weakness wise, it is only weak to Ground and Poison, which is good for it, and has some nice resistances to Flying, Dark, Fighting, Electric, and Bug. Access to recovery (roost) and boosts (calm mind) also work in its favor. Overall, a solid pokemon that will probably land a spot in OU.

Tapu Lele: 70/85/75/130/115/95 With the ability to prevent priority (moves like sucker punch and shadow sneak), and additional power up to its Psychic moves, Tapu Lele is automatically a threat the second it enters the field. Combining in its very high special attack, good special defense, and decent speed, it has the potential to be a threat. Also factoring in it has the ability to boost its stats (calm mind), reliable STAB (Psychic/Psyshock and Moonblast) , status healing (aromatherapy), access to both screens, and an HP recovery move (Draining Kiss) all make it a solid pokemon. However, lack of additional coverage moves (only thunderbolt, shadow ball, energy ball, and focus blast), reliable recovery, and low defense with a weakness to knock out make it lose some brownie points. It is the poor mans Mega Gardevior. It may see some use in OU for preventing priority and having the good psychic/fairy combination, but in terms of making a dent, it won't do much. UU maybe OU it goes.

Tapu Bulu: 70/130/115/85/95/75 Sporting good bulk and a high attack stat, Tapu Bulu serves as a wall breaker. With access to powerful moves such as Superpower, Wood Hammer, Megahorn, and Stone Edge, Tapu Bulu has the coverage to destroy most pokemon, and the attack stat to do so. Unfortunately, it sports a low speed stat, and it's weak to common moves such as Fire, Flying, the dreaded bullet punch (though it does have nice defense), ice, and a double weakness to poison (though it isn't that common). Its ability to boost its stats very high (swords dance, calm mind, and bulk up), access to recovery moves such as giga drain and horn leech, and set up Leech Seed cannot go unnoticed. Its ability doesn't offer it much, and can easily be exploited by the opponent as well (recovery) and it can't learn Play Rough, which would have been nice. But with access to a lot of recovery (grassy terrain, leech seed, and horn leech) and the ability to set up can help it set up swords dance while recovering a lot of HP. But once again, its speed and lack of priority don't help it. So to conclude, it doesn't have the bulk to run a leech seed/horn leech set, but it doesn't have the speed to run an offensive/set up set. So... to RU and below it goes.

Tapu Fini: 70/75/115/95/130/85 With immunity to status conditions with its ability, as well as weakening dragons, Fini's ability def works in its favor, especially in combination with its solid bulk and great typing. With only three weaknesses (Electric, Grass, and Poison) and resistances to Bug, Dark, Fire, Fighting, Water, and Ice, and neutrality to the dreaded bullet punch that cripples so many fairy types, Tapu Fini is a solid pokemon. In addition to that, it has access to powerful moves such as Surf, Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, and Moonblast , stat boosts (calm mind), stat eliminators (haze), type changing (soak), a set damage move (Nature's Madness), and the ability to inflict status (Scald and Toxic), Tapu Fini is a powerful pokemon who can run a stalling set, or setting up with calm mind. It faces some competition from Suicune, and other bulky water types, but I see it being in OU, since it is held down by lack of recovery, and a low HP and speed stat.

Solgaleo: 137/137/107/113/89/97 Solgaleo has great stats overall, and the ability to be immune to intimidate. The Psychic/Steel typing is weak to common types like Dark, Fire, Ghost, and Ground, but with good bulk (137/107/89), it is able to take a hit. It has recovery (Morning Sun), the ability to boost its stats (Flame Charge, Cosmic Power, Work Up, Calm Mind) and it has better speed than most of the Ubers tier (who usually hover around 90-95) and resists one of the most powerful Uber pokemon (Xerneas) but very weak to another (Primal Groudon). It has access to powerful Steel moves (Sunsteel Strike), Fire moves (Flare Blitz), Ground moves (Earthquake), and Rock moves (Stone Edge) and the ability to inflict status conditions (Thunder Wave), but it also a physical attacker that is subject to burn. It will be in Ubers, for sure, but will be curbed hard by Primal Groudon (but can function as a good counter to pokemon like Xerneas and Kyurem). Even in Ubers, it will struggle, as most pokemon have either dark moves or fire moves (Greninja, Groudon, Blaziken, Reshiram, Ho-oh, Darkrai) which will def keep its usage down. But solid stats, recovery, status inflicting, and stat boost make it a solid pokemon.

Lunala: 137/113/89/137/107/97 Lunala boasts not a very good typing (4x weak to dark and ghost moves) which, in the ubers tier, makes it weak to Aegislash, Darkrai, Greninjas, and more. Its ability offers it the ability to survive a hit easier when at full HP, but this ability essentially disappears when it loses even 1HP, such as coming in on stealth rock, and it essentially loses its ability. However, it does have some positives. It has great coverage in the form of Moongeist Beam (ghost) and the powerful Moonblast, both of which are super effective against the types it is weak to. It has recovery (Moonlight and Roost), the ability to raise its stats (Work Up, Cosmic Power, and Calm Mind), and the ability to cripple physical attackers and inflict status (will-o-wisp). Overall it will be in Ubers, but it will be a hard pokemon to pull off. Though I could totally see a Will-o-wisp, Moonblast, Moongeist Beam, Moonlight/Cosmic Power combo.

Nihilego (UB-01): Rock/Poison 109/53/47/127/131/103 Nihilego sports good speed, good hp, and strong special attack and special defense. Its ability (Beast Boost) can be great if it boosts its special attack or speed, effectively helping it to be an even greater sweeper. However, it has pitiful defense, and a 4x weakness to Ground (which is almost always physical), and weaknesses to Psychic, Water, and Steel (the dreaded bullet punch). While it does have some good resistances, being weak to Ground and Water aren't ones you'd want to have. Fortunately, it does learn some good moves. It can clear away stat boosts (clear smog), as well as set up both stealth rock and toxic spikes, which is a powerful combo. It can prove to be a great pokemon to use for set up, as not only can it stop sweepers with Thunder Wave and Clear Smog, but also fire back pretty hard with Sludge Wave and Power Gem. It is, however, walled pretty hard by a steel type (with only Thunderbolt able to hurt it). Overall, I see it lying in the UU tier, due to it being an amazing set up pokemon, which might even further bring it up into OU. But it certainly won't be there due to its ability to take down pokemon.

Buzzwole: Bug/Fighting 107/139/139/53/53/79 Buzzwole has good hp and solid attack and defense. It has the ability to increase its stats (Bulk Up, Power up Punch), as well as some great coverage moves (Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Earthquake). It also has recovery in the form of Leech Life and Roost. I can see it running a Choice Scarf set, which would work well with its not terrible but not good speed stat or an assault vest set to make its horrible special defense, not as horrible (fully invested, but not with a positive nature, it can reach over 300). With its great coverage in the form of Leech Life, Superpower/Hammer Arm, Earthquake/Stone Edge, and Roost/Bulk Up or another attacking move, it can hit almost everything for neutral damage. With Taloneflame being crippled this generation, things are looking good for Buzzwole. I could see it being UU at the lowest, ubers at the highest, though hanging more around OU.

Pheromosa: Bug/Fighting 71/137/37/137/37/151 Pheromosa has insane attack stats and speed, being able to outspeed everything bare Deoxys Speed and Ninjask. It has a decent movepool, gaining access to Rapid Spin and Quiver Dance (which would boost its already high special attack and speed stats to insane levels) and Roost, but outside of bug and fighting, it lacks any strong moves. It, however, can hit hard with U-turn and High Jump Kick. While it seems powerful, it suffers from the Deoxys Attack syndrome, aka a strong offensive pokemon with horrible defenses (on par with Purrlion). Priority will destroy this thing, though lucky priority has taken some hits this gen. The only viable sets I see this thing running is a Choice Band set, which will likely bring it into the high tiers of OU or even Ubers (to join Deoxys attack). A u-turn off of this thing will cripple most pokemon, and that is its niche.

Xurkitree: Electric 83/89/71/173/71/83 Xurkitree sports an insanely large special attack stat, and decent other stats. A base 173 special attack stat is nothing to laugh at, especially since it isn't subject to burn or intimidate. On top of that, it only has one weakness. Granted, a weakness it won't survive, but a weakness nonetheless. It has decent speed, it can outspeed most ground types, but Garchomp and Excadrill will give it problems. It learns some good moves in the form of Volt Switch, Energy Ball, Ingrain, and Thunder Wave, but outside of Electric moves, it doesn't have much to offer. I can see this thing running a specs or scarf set, similar to Magnezone, though it will hurt A LOT more. This thing will be OU at the least as nothing short of a Ground pokemon can take a Volt Switch from this thing. I could see it making it to Uber as well, as a volt switcher. The fact that this thing gets Tail Glow frightens me though.

Celesteela Steel/Flying 97/101/103/107/101/61 Sporting a type that has only two weakness, 8 resistances, and two immunities, on top of very solid bulk (97/103/101) means that this thing is going to be a MONSTER to take down. Offensive wise, it has Flamethrower, Flash Cannon, Air Slash, Giga Drain, Earthquake, and Heavy Slam (which considering its weight is over 2200, it will almost always hit HARD). But I think the thing that makes this creature the most frightening, is its access to Leech Seed. A bulky pokemon, with a great defensive typing, with access to Leech Seed. This thing will be in Ubers, and many teams will have to run and fire type just to stand a chance, though luckily there are several in Ubers. It also walls Xerneas and is immune to one of Primal Groudon's offensive typings (though weak to the other). Solid, scary pokemon.

Kartana Grass/Steel 59/181/131/59/31/109 Sporting a typing that resists 9 typings, but and weak to only 2 (granted both are powerful and one of them is a fire typing), it will be a tough pokemon to take down if you lack a fire typing. Unfortauntly, it has very low Hp, and horrid special defense, so even the weakest of special fire types can take this thing down with Ember. But on the flipside, it has one of the highest attacks in the game, great defense, and good speed. This thing will probably run a band or scarf set, though it may try and switch in on slower physical attackers and set up. Move wise, it has access to Sacred Sword, Defog, Synthesis, Swords Dance, Psycho Cut, Leaf Blade, X-Scissor, Calm Mind, and Night Slash. I see this thing ending up in Ubers as unlike Rampardos, it has good speed and the defense to somewhat take a hit, and unlike Black Kyurem, it has the movepool to use its high attack.

Guzzlord Dark/Dragon 223/101/53/97/53/43 My favorite of the bunch. It sports resistances to 6 types, but weaknesses to 5 (including Fairy x4, Fighting, Ice, Dragon, and Bug, all very common). It sports an insane hp stat, with solid offensives. Its low defenses bring down its bulky potential, and its speed means it will never outspeed something bar the slowest of pokemon. However, it does have access to Stockpile, to raise its bad defenses, and Dragon Tail to phase out what it can't beat. It has access to Dragon, Steel, Bug, Dark, Fighting, Rock, Poison, and Ground moves, so it has the offensive coverage to handle all of its weaknesses, but unfortauntly, I don't see it making huge waves in the metagame, due to its slow speed. It doesn't have the attack stats to OHKO something, while at most it will probably only be able to take one or two super effective moves before going down. Lack of recovery also hurts it. Overall, I see it ending up in UU, since its defenses are better than some of the other high Hp pokemon (Wailord, Hariyama, Wigglytuff), and it has a better typing, but it just lacks some of the things to make it much better.

Necrozma: Psychic 97/107/101/127/89/79 Necrozma has solid stats all around, though it lacks the speed. Its 97/101/89 bulk means it can take some hits(especially its its ability being a Filter clone), even a Knock Off, but it won't be able to take hits all day. Luckily, it sports good offensives. It has access to recovery (Moonlight and Morning Sun), ability to set Stealth Rock, status infliction (Thunder Wave), and the ability to raise its stats (Swords Dance, Calm Mind, Autotomize/Rock Polish). With a calm mind set, it raises its low special defense while increasing its already high special attack stat. Its bulk guarantees it can set up quite well, or land a thunder wave, and it has a good movepool, with moves such as Psychic/Psyshock/Psycho Cut, Stone Edge, Earthquake, Smart Strike, X-Scissor, Dark Pulse, and more. Its combination of good bulk, recovery, swords dance/calm mind, the ability to raise its speed (which is so valuable), and powerful moves, means this thing will end up in Ubers for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.