• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
How did corocoro confirm necrozma being the third legendary? I don't think serebii has it translated yet

Ninetales69

Seeing the new art for Kartana and Celesteela puts me at ease a bit. Helps seeing them in Sugimori Style. Initially I had issues with the design intricacy and lack of eyes-hence personality (barring beauty), but the official art at least makes them feel part of the pokemon world. But if they are deliberately intended to be ultradimensional I can understand that too. Still don't understand them since I've just been browsing here the past few days.

Timeboy

I've heard a bit about being able to change the way your character acts, like how they throw pokéballs, and whether they're left or right handed. Not sure if it's just a rumour though.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I've heard a bit about being able to change the way your character acts, like how they throw pokéballs, and whether they're left or right handed. Not sure if it's just a rumour though.

Which battle style would you like to know more about, hmmm?
Normal style
Elegant style
Girlish style
Reverent style
Smug style
Left-handed style
Passionate style
Idol style
I’m good
The girlish style? Hmm... Well, if you want to learn those kinds of moves, then you should spend some more time around some [VAR GENDBR(00FF,0600)]other cute girls, wouldn’t you say?
The reverent style? Let me think... Well, if you want to learn those kinds of moves, then you should spend some more time around someone with dreams. A romanticist, yeah?
The smug style? Let me think... Well, if you want to learn those kinds of moves, then you should hang around the kind of guy who is always trying to act cool, yeah?
The left-handed style? Let me think... Well, if you want to learn those kinds of moves, then you should spend time around someone who actually IS left-handed, right?
The passionate style? Let me think... Well, if you want to learn those kinds of moves, I’d say you’d need enough experience to win 50 battles in a ROW in the Battle Tree, right?
The idol style? Let me think... Well, if you want to learn those kinds of moves, I’d say you’ve got to have the moves to stand above all others in the Battle Royal!

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
New CoroCoro is out, pretty much confirms Necrozma as the third legendary.

So the initial talk about it being an Ultra Beast is wrong i guess now.

So, technically there are only 7 Ultra Beasts.

How did corocoro confirm necrozma being the third legendary? I don't think serebii has it translated yet
From the front page of the Main site.
one mysterious black Pokémon which it says is a big mystery, and asks what it has to do with Solgaleo & Lunala.

TeamTurtle

If it is true that Super Training has gone, hoard battles are gone, EV training just became a chore again and not in a good way. X&Y, ORAS made EV training open the masses (like me) that never dreamt of playing competitively before. There is stuff to learn but its not overly taxing and reward was worth it.

it is as the other poster just commented, only encouraging hacking. very disappointed if true as it would also mean that you cannot EV training your in-game team which you could in Gen 6 from the outset.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
So the initial talk about it being an Ultra Beast is wrong i guess now.So, technically there are only 7 Ultra Beasts.

Pretty sure it's still a UB, and even if it isn't, there are 11 known UBs, not 7.

goodpeople25

DAMN IT... Super Training is gone? It was useful way to keep track of my pokemon's EVS... DAMN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
now I can't EV train...
If the full version is the same as the demo, just hit the Y button.

Or do what people did before recent conveniences, that works too.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
Hey, I haven´t had access to the internet since last Saturday. So I missed all the new information revealed. Can someone help me catch up? I would be really thankful. So could someone sum up all the information for me? The important things, I mean: both story related and postgame related.

Like, do we know all the Battle Tree trainers now, or could ther be more? Can we build our own Gym? What are the suspicious squares that we thought might be for gym building?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Bus

Hey, I haven´t had access to the internet since last Saturday. So I missed all the new information revealed. Can someone help me catch up? I would be really thankful. So could someone sum up all the information for me? The important things I mean.

Like, do we know all the Battle Tree trainers now, or could ther be more? Can we build our own Gym? What are the suspicious squares that we thought might be for gym buildind?

I think page 1 of this thread has been updated with everything that's been datamined from both the demo and the game itself when some got it early.

Boss1991

Pokémon Master
I think page 1 of this thread has been updated with everything that's been datamined from both the demo and the game itself when some got it early.

Ok, thank you.

I am reading through all of the leaks, and it seems that you can actually do Battle Royal battles in- game, along with 3 AI NPC rivals, correct?

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Are they basically encouraging the use of powersaves and genning by removing horde battles?
What the hell? How am I supposed to go back to EV training the old school way when I got used to the convenience of how gen 6 arranged it, specially ORAS? This won't fly.
There are apparently drinks you can get that raise or reset EVs, they also made it easier to keep track of your EVs as you can check them on the stats screen whenever you want. Depending on how easy the drinks are to get and how much they raise EVs it may be even easier than horde battles.

GDK

There are apparently drinks you can get that raise or reset EVs, they also made it easier to keep track of your EVs as you can check them on the stats screen whenever you want. Depending on how easy the drinks are to get and how much they raise EVs it may be even easier than horde battles.

Ther eis also courses in the festival raising EV and stuff.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Necrozma is the third legend... Yet we know next to nothing about it beyond that. Pokémon Sun 2 and Moon 2 confirmed?

Ther eis also courses in the festival raising EV and stuff.
Not to mention, Poké Pelago. Did everyone just forget those things? If anything they seem easier to do than Super Training and maybe even Hordes...

Pretty sure it's still a UB, and even if it isn't, there are 11 known UBs, not 7.

I'm pretty sure they're talking about different species of UB, not the number included in the game, which, minus Necrozma, gives us 7:

• Nihilego
• Buzzwole
• Pheromosa
• Xurkitree
• Celesteela
• Kartana
• Guzzlord

Unless, of course, you're including Cosmog, Cosmeum, Lunala and Solgaleo, in which case I assume it's the same situation as with Necrozma and they are in fact Pokémon.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
So depending on when one is first able to start buying Adrenaline Orbs, it seems we won't have to wait till the end of the game for a chance at the few new pokemon that really need their hidden abilities like Alolan Ninetales and Alolan Sandlash.

Bus

I can't get over the fact that one of them is named 'Guzzlord' that name is hilarious. And speaking of the Lord of Guzzling, did you see his HP stat? The thing approaches Blissey levels of Hp!

Legendary Dreams

I'm pretty sure they're talking about different species of UB, not the number included in the game, which, minus Necrozma, gives us 7:

• Nihilego
• Buzzwole
• Pheromosa
• Xurkitree
• Celesteela
• Kartana
• Guzzlord

Unless, of course, you're including Cosmog, Cosmeum, Lunala and Solgaleo, in which case I assume it's the same situation as with Necrozma and they are in fact Pokémon.

Wasn't it mentioned in the game directly that Cosmog, Cosmeum, Lunala & Solgaelo were Ultra Beasts though? I mean all these while prior the the leaks we all assumed that they were Pokemon to begin with and it feels funny that the game will tell us that they are actually Ultra Beasts only to revoke the statement afterwards. If anything Necrozma is actually still an Ultra Beast and it's not stated as one now because of it's Pokedex Entry implying it is too ancient to match the traits of the other current Ultra Beasts and hence it's more likely it was mistaken as not one.

Well I was wary about Necrozma being the Trio Master, but since the revealed battle music was a giveaway, I'm okay with it.

Xuxuba

Then it's just like Gen 5 where you can raise your evs by using the join avenue.
Don't know why this game is more similar to gen. 5 than any other gen. Maybe it's the fact they are both regions that were based on the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.