• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sαpphire

Johto Champion
So it looks like there's a TON of placeholder trainer data. I'd bet on either spaces for added cameos in updates (if the games and tree are popular), or planned cameos that were removed.

future.newyorker

So I'm really confused. If there is no National Dex is there an actual physical Alolan Dex or are there just the four island dexes? Because Type: Null, Silvally, Cosmog, Cosmeum, Solgaleo, Lunala, and the UB's aren't in any of the Island dexes.

Ver-mont

So I'm really confused. If there is no National Dex is there an actual physical Alolan Dex or are there just the four island dexes? Because Type: Null, Silvally, Cosmog, Cosmeum, Solgaleo, Lunala, and the UB's aren't in any of the Island dexes.

There's an Alola Pokédex besides the four island dexes.

DrakeKoryu

There's something really weird about the absence of the National Dex in the games, like I don't think we have ever faced that before isn't it?

R_N

So it looks like there's a TON of placeholder trainer data. I'd bet on either spaces for added cameos in updates (if the games and tree are popular), or planned cameos that were removed.

There's actually always a load of place holder trainer data

Some of them were probably just test trainers or trainers planned but dummied out

Erron Black

The Outlaw

Some of them were probably just test trainers or trainers planned but dummied out

I could see them adding things in updates if they don't come out with some sort of third game tbh, otherwise I don't see how they'll keep the rest of the generation interesting until Gen 8.

Orphalesion

No nat dex is really mind boggling, on one hand they increasingly emphasize older Pokemon (because of #KantoNostalgia or some other BS) and then they go ahead and cut out the National Dex,leaving the majority of old Pokemon without a dex entry in Sun/Moon?

Doesn't that apprach seem a little bit...at odds with itself?

Sαpphire

Johto Champion

I don't have numbers from other games for comparison but 93 out of 484 total trainer slots just seems like a lot.

R_N

I could see them adding things in updates if they don't come out with some sort of third game tbh, otherwise I don't see how they'll keep the rest of the generation interesting until Gen 8.

i think regardless of it being on switch or 3ds, there's of course going to be a new gen 7 pokemon game. they're not going to just throw it away immediately for a gen 8.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Hopefully if we get more gen 7 games, they add some more Alolan formes if it is a Alola sequel.
I just hope we get at least 5 gen 7 games, the past two generations felt smaller considering Gens 3 and 4 gave us 5 main games while Gens 5 and 6 gave us 4. No rushing to go to the dumb Switch like they did in Gen 5.

Stone Dragon

So Pokémon not from Alola will have no dex entry, no feature to go around them with the camera (like in ORAS), no cry listening option? Or maybe all of that is just linked with the Bank.

R_N

I don't have numbers from other games for comparison but 93 out of 484 total trainer slots just seems like a lot.

BW2 also had a bunch of trainer slots (like 4 of them were colress even, it was weird) and I don't think any of those were used for its download shenanigans

Pokemon Power

No nat dex is really mind boggling, on one hand they increasingly emphasize older Pokemon (because of #KantoNostalgia or some other BS) and then they go ahead and cut out the National Dex,leaving the majority of old Pokemon without a dex entry in Sun/Moon?

Doesn't that apprach seem a little bit...at odds with itself?

Maybe it'll be available once you bring a Pokemon from another game over, like in Ruby and Sapphire.

GDK

Maybe it'll be available once you bring a Pokemon from another game over, like in Ruby and Sapphire.

But there are already pokemon not in the regional dex available, but still you don't get the national dex.
Maybe you need another rotom to power your rotom dex even more ?

Status
Not open for further replies.