• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Guys, how Charjabug evolve? I didn't understand...

I think it's with an electric move at a certain level.(Forgot the level oops)

They weren't all that creative with evolution methods this time around, even reusing old hated ones.(Looking at you Salazzle)

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Charjabug evolves at Lv 40. And Crabrawler needs to be leveled in a certain location like Eevee for Leafeon and Glaceon.

No that was debunked when the full datamine came out. Charjabug evolves at like 28-ish I think but all it says after that is 'Electric'. So either in some electric area or with an electric move.

Disappointed Crabrawler doesn't evolve via Ice Stone like Sandshrew and Vulpix tbh.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
No that was debunked when the full datamine came out. Charjabug evolves at like 28-ish I think but all it says after that is 'Electric'. So either in some electric area or with an electric move.

Disappointed Crabrawler doesn't evolve via Ice Stone like Sandshrew and Vulpix tbh.

Wait, it was debunked? Darn. So much for a Bug type fully evolving in the 40s.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Never expected Rock/Poison. I expected some kind of Water combination, Rock/Poison is very unique and strange, I wonder why they chose that typing.

It's rock because it's body is made of a hard glass-like material, and it's poison because it's a toxic jellyfish.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
Looks like Guzma's getting the kind of background and development I hadn't had the guts to hope for from a Pokémon game.

Let the fanfictions roll in, yessssssss~

kaylavarnell4736

Xtreme Pokefan
At the nursery,you receive an egg. Anyone know what it hatches into?

KazoWAR's Pokémon Data has it listed at "@Electric Rock" so it's area dependent.
From what I have heard the area you need to level it up at is Vast Poni Island, which is late-game.
It's rock because it's body is made of a hard glass-like material, and it's poison because it's a toxic jellyfish.
Adding to the Poison type, it's also very parasitic in nature, which I'm sure plays a part.
UB-01. Code name: “Symbiont.” Yes, I can tell you about Nihilego! Nihilego is a terrifying, parasitic beast that can use humans or Pokémon as hosts. The sightings report a single specimen. Sightings were made in two locations. The Wela Volcano Park...and Diglett’s Tunnel! It seems highly likely that the creature is on the move around Akala Island.[VAR 0114(001F)]
UB-01. Code name: “Symbiont.” Properly known as Nihilego. There have been sightings reported of this beast in Alola’s past. Its most distinctive feature is its parasitic capability. When Nihilego latches on to a host, it does not manipulate its actions directly. Rather it awakens the host’s own capabilities and boosts them to an extreme extent in order to protect itself.
It injects the host with a sort of neurotoxin to achieve this effect. This neurotoxin of Nihilego’s is incredibly stimulating and inspires feelings of extreme excitement and a lack of inhibition in its host. In other words, anything or anyone that a Nihilego latches on to will have its native skills forcibly activated to their fullest extent and will then act as it naturally desires to.

Archstaraptor

Team Builder / RMT
Looking into the Z-move additional effects - what is meant exactly by "reset user's stats"?
Take shell smash for example: if it's a haze kind of stat reset, it does nothing for the user. But if it behaves like an anytime-use white herb,then it could be absolutely nuts.

Porygon-2 and Porygon-Z looking absolutely terrifying with Conversion's additional effect.
Beedrill and Fearow,as sniper pokemon with tailwind, look like they will benefit from the Zmove a lot.

Weather/terrain setters getting a speed boost also puts quite a few pokemon on the map.Glaceon,Luxray,and Goodra, are examples of many that will appreciate a way of boosting their speed stat,and a good fraction of them benefit from the weather that they're setting,through their abilities and movepool.

Really interesting! This mechanic could diversify the game a lot!
(or not...because conversion P2/PZ)

Last edited:

GDK

Wait so breeding non alola gives alola?
I guess it will be easy to obtain alola HA then.
But why are both meowth (ans persian) available in the alolan dex then. Same goes for geodude.

pOlarizer

Wait so breeding non alola gives alola?
I guess it will be easy to obtain alola HA then.
But why are both meowth (ans persian) available in the alolan dex then. Same goes for geodude.

You can transfer the regular forms from RBY

kemal07

Hang on a second...

So is there a moon dial in Alola and a waterfall that flows backwards as hinted back in Kalos. If not, then maybe Kalos was talking about a completely different region we have yet to see.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
So this is my Sun experience on a O3DSXL. You might say it's nitpicking, but come on. It's too much of a slowdown for me. I don't know if it's any better on the newer models, or if it's just a "bad dump" or what.

[video=youtube_share;JD__4xIMaLE]https://youtu.be/JD__4xIMaLE[/video]

Don't judge me for playing it early, I'm still buying it retail for my collection.

Whats so laggy about it, besides the trainer intro?
I really hope that the original games wont be laggy. That would suck

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm really disappointed with how Hyper Training actually works. I was hoping it would buff the actual IVs to max and not just make the stats mirror max IVs. I don't see myself using it at all anymore. Looks like I'm just going to be breeding for a 6IV Smeargle until I can transfer my Ditto over. Hopefully the normal breeding tactics still work or I'm not going to be enjoying the post-game at all this time as breeding and the Battle Facilities are the biggest part for me.

EDIT: Is it also true that we can only get one of each Apricorn Ball?

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I just knew that once the games get released (or hacked w/e), people are gonna complain and be dissapointed. Its the same thing that happend with XY lmao

Ajduk

I'm really disappointed with how Hyper Training actually works. I was hoping it would buff the actual IVs to max and not just make the stats mirror max IVs. I don't see myself using it at all anymore. Looks like I'm just going to be breeding for a 6IV Smeargle until I can transfer my Ditto over. Hopefully the normal breeding tactics still work or I'm not going to be enjoying the post-game at all this time as breeding and the Battle Facilities are the biggest part for me.

EDIT: Is it also true that we can only get one of each Apricorn Ball?

Wait, what do you mean it just mirror's max IV?

Status
Not open for further replies.