• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stone Dragon

Is there more than 1 battle facility? I've heard there are two and you can rent teams there?

goodpeople25

Dragon/Fire and Fire/Dragon is the same typing. There is no difference between them so it is still correct saying Turtonator is the only non-legendary, non-mega dragon/fire typing.
And what he says is still correct as well (though if I had to choose which was more correct I think the / would indicate that the order matters)

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Couldn't they always do that since X and Y? I knew it was implemented into those games, but never really paid attention to how the balls were passed down.

No only females can pass down the ball in XY. Genderless pokemon come out in a standard pokeball.

Someone please confirm whether males and genderless can pass down the ball in SUMO.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
No only females can pass down the ball in XY. Genderless pokemon come out in a standard pokeball.

Someone please confirm whether males and genderless can pass down the ball in SUMO.

Ball inheritance is similar to how Hidden Ability inheritance worked previously, the hatched pokemon has the same ball as the mother, unless a male or genderless Pokemon is bred with Ditto, which means they inherit the ball of the non Ditto parent

Thepowaofhax

With how lackluster the new Pokémon look for competitive play, it makes me really glad I don't play competitively.
I think there's a good chance a few of them will be metaworthy, especially in some tiers for Smogon. Another thing to consider is that this will shake up a good bit of VGC with the new nerfs and new mons, like A-Ninetales getting Aurora Veil.

future.newyorker

I think there's a good chance a few of them will be metaworthy, especially in some tiers for Smogon. Another thing to consider is that this will shake up a good bit of VGC with the new nerfs and new mons, like A-Ninetales getting Aurora Veil.

I played locally competitively during XY's early days, but soon found it wasn't for me. Though that team is still competitive ready whenever I can bring it up with bank.

GDK

With how lackluster the new Pokémon look for competitive play, it makes me really glad I don't play competitively.

In singles yes. But in doubles some may get uses, and this is the format GF is pushing forward (also not true for minior, minior is awesome).

Also woohoo for EV being not a chore, I don't care about ally chaining since it seems too random but doubling the power item efficiency makes like Ev training only 2,5 slower than hordes.

Last edited:

DrakeKoryu

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Perhaps, but some have hidden surprises. Araquanid is shaping up to be a potentially amazing support pokemon thanks to Water Bubble and Entrainment. Even in singles (and all stats on the target being equal) a Choice Band Liquidation from it hits harder than a Choice Specs Hydro Pump from a Keldeo. https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/29883617/#q29886923

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
It feels like this gen went away from stats and typing to abilities with all their terrains and causing priority moves to fail.

pOlarizer

It feels like this gen went away from stats and typing to abilities with all their terrains and causing priority moves to fail.

Psychic Terrain/Queenly Majesty is probably why I'd run Leech Life on Golisopod rather than First Impression. These are mons that I want my bug type attack to actually work reliably. For situations where I need priority, there's still Sucker Punch (is Aqua Jet a better option in any ways?).

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Asked this a couple pages ago but no answer, so...

Do we have the clothing items for males?

Status
Not open for further replies.