• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
Almost every person's name in pokemon is plant related
They all relate to plants, no exceptions with the main ones there.

Pretty nifty, makes up for the odd lack of (abundance of) grass types in the region.

This is very much trivial, but I noticed that there wasn't any good lists of heights and weights right now(Kaphotics' videos had the heights and weights in imperial but those were taken down/made private, KazoWAR only has the weights in metric and no heights) so I figured I could compile one. Heights and weights in imperial are extracted from SciresM's game text file, weights in metric are are just copied from KazoWAR's pokémon data, heights in metric were compiled by me.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
This is very much trivial, but I noticed that there wasn't any good lists of heights and weights right now(Kaphotics' videos had the heights and weights in imperial but those were taken down/made private, KazoWAR only has the weights in metric and no heights) so I figured I could compile one. Heights and weights in imperial are extracted from SciresM's game text file, weights in metric are are just copied from KazoWAR's pokémon data, heights in metric were compiled by me.
Wow, whether its length or height Araquanid is our biggest spider pokemon yet at nearly 6 feet and 180 pounds. No wonder its able to fit small pokemon inside its bubble. This thing just keeps getting more awesome!

And Golisopod's size doesn't disappoint. The thing is the better part of 7 feet tall and 230 pounds!

And it seems Dhelmise uses/makes anchors comparable to those from quite a large ship. Didn't expect it to be over twice the height of an average man.

Any chance you can find out the height measurements of the totem pokemon?

Blizzardy

Loves Eeveelutions
How far into the game do you unlock the ability to trade/wonder trade? Is it early on (can I 'start off' with traded pokemon)?

Autobot N

Looks like the new trailer confirmed A-Digglet line, Starter Z-Moves, UB-03 Lightning, and UB-05 Glutton. An image of Necrozma is on the site as well.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
According to reddit apricorn balls are back in SUMO! Acquired through the festival plaza. I'm so excited but so mad at the same time.

Well that sucks, I was hoping we could buy them.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Since we have Necrozma's official image, it might be the time to post this:

[IMG200]https://archive-media.nyafuu.org/vp/image/1478/99/1478997344944.png[/IMG200]

Janovy

Banned
Wow, whether its length or height Araquanid is our biggest spider pokemon yet at nearly 6 feet and 180 pounds. No wonder its able to fit small pokemon inside its bubble. This thing just keeps getting more awesome!

And Golisopod's size doesn't disappoint. The thing is the better part of 7 feet tall and 230 pounds!

And it seems Dhelmise uses/makes anchors comparable to those from quite a large ship. Didn't expect it to be over twice the height of an average man.

Any chance you can find out the height measurements of the totem pokemon?
Yeah, Dhelmise is gigantic. However it can unwind its chain so it might be measured at full length though, but a huge ship anchor sounds cooler in my opinion.

As for Totem pokémon there seems to be some inconsistencies that I'm not sure what to make of. KazoWAR has their weights listed as differently from their regular counterparts, but the game text just uses the exact same weight and height values as for the regular ones, and the game text is the only file that mentions height that I can find.

Masterofpokemon95

Not sure if on the right thread to ask but are there any new methods to evolve pokemon for example flipping your 3ds to evolve inkay (things of that nature) ... I have my team set the only thing i dont want to do is level them up more in their base stage than they need to be and not know how to evolve them. My team consists of rowlett3(the name stuck with me), mid-day lycanroc, wimipod2, Vikavolt, Salandit2, kommo-o

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Not sure if on the right thread to ask but are there any new methods to evolve pokemon for example flipping your 3ds to evolve inkay (things of that nature) ... I have my team set the only thing i dont want to do is level them up more in their base stage than they need to be and not know how to evolve them. My team consists of rowlett3(the name stuck with me), mid-day lycanroc, wimipod2, Vikavolt, Salandit2, kommo-o
https://twitter.com/Kaphotics/status/796029351439405056
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...y-Spoilers&p=18268522&highlight=#post18268522

Phillies

I want to SR for a shiny starter. Is there a long cut scene you have to go through to find out if your starter is shiny or will you be able to check right away?

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I want to SR for a shiny starter. Is there a long cut scene you have to go through to find out if your starter is shiny or will you be able to check right away?

It is the former.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Maybe that means we will get the second Gen VII game, that is focusing on Necrozma, next year.. But who knows.

Hopefully. I don't want to see it getting Zygarde's treatment and getting spotlight a gen later. A Pokemon should be fully covered in their respective gens, so newer Pokemon can shine.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Blaze Master X

The Fallen Hero
Status
Not open for further replies.