• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DasManiac

I went to the restaurant in Maile City and ordered that Ronin special and Officer Nanu appeared. He came and had dinner with me. This was during post game. Afterwards he gave me 8 Heart Scales. I don't know if anyone else found this yet.

goodpeople25

Not that one but I got a similar event (pre post game) with olivia at the Konikoni restaurant with the local special or whatever it's called.

DasManiac

Not that one but I got a similar event (pre post game) with olivia at the Konikoni restaurant with the local special or whatever it's called.

I wonder how many more of these events there. I've got enough to money to buy every meal at every restaurant so I'll have to go around to all of them and see what (if anything) happens. Serebii should add a restaurant category since there are clearly at least a few events at them.

shadowF

I have to say in terms of championship rooms, we have the most beautiful one yet. To defend the title in the peak of a mountain with the sky as a view is awesome! Hell I think the entire pokemon league looks better from appearance form all the other pokemon leagues that we have had.

cl94

I wonder how many more of these events there. I've got enough to money to buy every meal at every restaurant so I'll have to go around to all of them and see what (if anything) happens. Serebii should add a restaurant category since there are clearly at least a few events at them.

There's one on Poni with Hapu as well. I'm assuming it's the last option in every restaurant. She gives 2 Heart Scales.

goodpeople25

Yeah so far it seems that way, anyway can we just simplify it to double heart scales? (We're just getting our eating partner's share)

Silversea

To Serebii:

"When the battle begins, Buzzwole will be absorbed by an aura which boosts its Defense by two stages as standard. They are Level 65 and Bug/Fighting-type."

The missing info here is Pheromosa, whose aura raises its Speed by two stages. It is level 60. I'm not sure why Buzzwole is higher level.

Last edited:

Aleh

«Last Hope»
So do we know the reason why Lusamine and Lillie looked like UB 02 and UB 01? My guess for now is that after Lusamine started becoming obsessed with Ultra beasts she started imitating the look of Pheromosa since she loves fashion and then, since Lillie says her mother picked her old clothes, also tried to make Lillie look like Nihilego because she was considering it her child instead of her actual one. Would also explain why no other UB looks like a person, except maybe Xurkitree that slightly resembles Guzma

sheld999

got 30 beast balls left caught them all with 1 ball and full health.

can i used beast balls on other pokemon ?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
got 30 beast balls left caught them all with 1 ball and full health.

can i used beast balls on other pokemon ?
You can, but the catch rate for none UB Pokémon are extremely low.

Mesi

I think I've found a new way to obtain Hidden Abilities (forgive me if someone else found it first, this thread is reaaaaaally long). Anyways, I was breeding some Eevee's to complete my dex, using a Female Umbreon (Synchronize) and a Tauros (Intimidate). I got 6 Eggs, which I put in Isle Avue in Pelago. I'm not sure how long they were in there, but at least 24 hours. When I took them out and hatched them (which took very little time, probably a hundred steps or less), all hatched with their Hidden Ability, Adaptability.

What is odd is I had a few other eggs in there as well. A Snubbul, Goomy and Shellos. None of them got their respective Hidden Abilities. But they weren't in for over 24 hours like the Eevee eegs were. This is something we'd need to do some testing on. Anyone else notice this?

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I think I've found a new way to obtain Hidden Abilities (forgive me if someone else found it first, this thread is reaaaaaally long). Anyways, I was breeding some Eevee's to complete my dex, using a Female Umbreon (Synchronize) and a Tauros (Intimidate). I got 6 Eggs, which I put in Isle Avue in Pelago. I'm not sure how long they were in there, but at least 24 hours. When I took them out and hatched them (which took very little time, probably a hundred steps or less), all hatched with their Hidden Ability, Adaptability.

What is odd is I had a few other eggs in there as well. A Snubbul, Goomy and Shellos. None of them got their respective Hidden Abilities. But they weren't in for over 24 hours like the Eevee eegs were. This is something we'd need to do some testing on. Anyone else notice this?

Adaptability isn't actually their hidden ability. Eevee has 2 abilities. It's hidden ability is actually anticipation.

Cool theory though!

Mesi

Adaptability isn't actually their hidden ability. Eevee has 2 abilities. It's hidden ability is actually anticipation.

Cool theory though!

Oh so it is. Show's how often I look at Eeeve-line. I just saw that the Jolteon I evolved had Volt Absorb and thought that was the HA (probably confusing with pre-Gen 7 Raikou, and the theory around them). Oh well, I should do a bit more research before making a fool of myself.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Whatever happened to the Dragon mask guy that was posted here back before the games came out?
The guy everyone thought was Benga.
Is he not in this?

Charoshi

Charmander is best
Whatever happened to the Dragon mask guy that was posted here back before the games came out?
The guy everyone thought was Benga.
Is he not in this?

I believe he is Ryuki, who can potentially challenge you post game as your Champion match.

rilence

Once a day:

If you go to Seafolk Village on Poni Island's restaurant and order Zumongous Z-Noodles, Kahuna Hapu will treat you to the meal and give you 2 Heart Scales.

If you go to Akala Island's Konikoni City restaurant and order the Special Z-set, Kahuna Olivia will appear and treat you to the meal, and give you 4 Heart Scales.

If you go to Ula'ula Island's Malie City restaurant and order the Z-Kaiseki: Ronin Set, Kahuna Nanu will appear and treat you to the meal, and give you 8 Heart Scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.