• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon Discovery Discussion Thread [Contains Story Spoilers]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atlanta-hammy

Question, Is Lunala supposed to be a super easy catch, or is using one of the Luxury Ball's Lillie gave you some sorta easter egg? Much like the nicknaming of Regi's? I mean not even Xerneas went in a Luxury ball first shot, with full HP.

Last edited:

Ajduk

Question, Is Lunala supposed to be a super easy catch, or is using one of the Luxury Ball's Lillie gave you some sorta easter egg? Much like the nicknaming of Regi's? I mean not even Xerneas went in a Luxury ball first shot, with full HP.

And I went and threw a master ball at it thinking ''well, since I'm gonna SR for timid nature I might as well make it fast''

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'

Maybe you're just really lucky? I weakened it and it still took quite a few ultra balls.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

I got lucky on Necrozma my first time fighting it, got it to about 1/4 health while paralyzed and caught it on the first Luxury Ball. It has a 3 catch rate, after I SR'ed(Looking for Modest), it was hell trying to catch it.

So, no, you just got lucky. Though Lunala/Solgaleo are on the easier end of the spectrum like most box legends when it comes to capturing.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I got lucky on Necrozma my first time fighting it, got it to about 1/4 health while paralyzed and caught it on the first Luxury Ball. It has a 3 catch rate, after I SR'ed(Looking for Modest), it was hell trying to catch it.

So, no, you just got lucky. Though Lunala/Solgaleo are on the easier end of the spectrum like most box legends when it comes to capturing.

I caught Lunala quite easily with an Ultra Ball but I had to lower its health and it took five tries.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

I caught mine at full HP in a Dusk Ball during the day (in-game time) so it's definitely easy to catch at least compared to most legendaries. I was resetting for a Timid one so I had to catch it more than once and sometimes it would take multiple Balls while paralysed with its HP in the red.

LoveMcQueen5683

Once a day:

If you go to Seafolk Village on Poni Island's restaurant and order Zumongous Z-Noodles, Kahuna Hapu will treat you to the meal and give you 2 Heart Scales.

If you go to Akala Island's Konikoni City restaurant and order the Special Z-set, Kahuna Olivia will appear and treat you to the meal, and give you 4 Heart Scales.

If you go to Ula'ula Island's Malie City restaurant and order the Z-Kaiseki: Ronin Set, Kahuna Nanu will appear and treat you to the meal, and give you 8 Heart Scales.

Oh my goodness

This has probably already been mentioned and it's not much of a discovery but the beans from pokemon pelago can be slid over with the stylus instead of tapped to collect. I seem to click on a pokemon while picking up beans so it helps a little

Creyk

This has probably already been mentioned and it's not much of a discovery but the beans from pokemon pelago can be slid over with the stylus instead of tapped to collect. I seem to click on a pokemon while picking up beans so it helps a little

!!!

Accidentally clicking on the pokemon in pelago is honestly so frustrating. Is there a way around this?

cl94

I caught Solgaleo on the third turn with an Ultra Ball after Thunder Wave and one hit to get health down to yellow. Part luck, but the catch rate is similar to the box legendaries in Gens V/VI as it's a mandatory capture.

Akashin

That being said, I only discovered this post-game.

Do you know of anyone whom have not beaten the Elite 4 and could test these out?

I tested it myself about ten minutes after you posted it. I'm sitting at the top of Lanakila but haven't yet fought the E4, and it worked for me.

Betoran

Actualization of Item section and Trainer customization?

Well, just wanted to know if you could update both sections. There are 'Heavy Ball; Friend Ball; Lure Ball; Fast Ball; Moon Ball; others' which can be found but till now only made it to find 1 of each.

The character customization, well. There is a man in Ula'ula Island. He is found on the Outer Cape which is above Malie City. There, a man is found which if you talk to him every so often will give you a new 'Style'. Those styles change the way your character throws the pokeball and I don't know if it was just my mind playing tricks but I think I saw my character crossing his arms in the middle of the battle. Currently using 'Smug Style'.

P.S. Well.... I dunno. Was the 'Red Card' a consumable? Only able to be used once? Because I used mine and it vanished... what the heck is going on bros?

Betoran

I caught Lunala quite easily with an Ultra Ball but I had to lower its health and it took five tries.

For me, the moon ball. No other pokeball works for it. Heck, it is the freaking MOON Pokemon! There is no freaking way I would capture it with any other pokeball but that one.

Needed to do 3 soft reset and left its life on 10% + Paralysis. First time I threw the pokeball(moon ball) at the beginning of the fight without damaging Lunala and it moved three times but escaped.

goodpeople25

That being said, I only discovered this post-game.

Do you know of anyone whom have not beaten the Elite 4 and could test these out?
I've encountered Olivia (pretty sure after her trial) way before post game. But it wasn't my first time that day ordering the special so either I didn't activate yet the first time or it involves randomness you didn't mention. Also wouldn't it be simpler to just say double heart scales?

cl94

The restaurant thing works after the respective Kahuna is defeated and it works once per day. Really easy way to stock up on Heart Scales.

XXD17

Draco rex
Just as an FYI for people who don't know already, the mega stones not sold in the shops will be given out as gifts by the "legends" you face in the battle tree. I just defeated Red and he gave me both charizardites, blastoisinite and venusaurite. I'm guessing the others will also give you mega stones like pidgeotite from Blue...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Once a day:

If you go to Seafolk Village on Poni Island's restaurant and order Zumongous Z-Noodles, Kahuna Hapu will treat you to the meal and give you 2 Heart Scales.

If you go to Akala Island's Konikoni City restaurant and order the Special Z-set, Kahuna Olivia will appear and treat you to the meal, and give you 4 Heart Scales.

If you go to Ula'ula Island's Malie City restaurant and order the Z-Kaiseki: Ronin Set, Kahuna Nanu will appear and treat you to the meal, and give you 8 Heart Scales.

Oooh really? Glad there is an easy way to stock up on heart scales.
Given that Luvdisc isn't so easily found

Just as an FYI for people who don't know already, the mega stones not sold in the shops will be given out as gifts by the "legends" you face in the battle tree. I just defeated Red and he gave me both charizardites, blastoisinite and venusaurite. I'm guessing the others will also give you mega stones like pidgeotite from Blue...

Some stones are still flat out unavailable
I think Blue's only faceable in Multi from what I heard, that's why I chose to beat him when I got the choice arriving there.

Status
Not open for further replies.