• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creyk

I hope that it is a very expansive game and has a good challenge to it, the newer pokemon games have been all good but haven't been up to par in terms of difficulty lately. So I'm looking for all that hopefully and a interesting and nice and unique selection of Pokemon as well. That's all really.

They make the games easier and easier now. I would be surprised if they suddenly made this one hard or a challenge, to be honest.
If you want the excitement of a true challenge, just do competitive battles. That's the most thrilling part of these games!

Muddy120

Muddy Warrior
My new hope and wish is if the Starter leaks are real that they amend and change the design choice of Litten's evolution final line, we argued about this in the other thread but I just wanted to put here that I hope they change it to a better design in my personal opinion, ideally quadrapedal since it feels more natural to me along with a bunch of other people's opinions on the topic too.

Still hoping that the professor turns out to be villainous, or at least has a major connection. Sycamore kind of played with it, but...

While I don't see Kukui being a member of the evil team, Guzma's statement in the latest trailer at least infers that he and Kukui had a past. Could be one of those "look what you could have been and look what you have become" storylines.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
My new hope and wish is if the Starter leaks are real that they amend and change the design choice of Litten's evolution final line, we argued about this in the other thread but I just wanted to put here that I hope they change it to a better design in my personal opinion, ideally quadrapedal since it feels more natural to me along with a bunch of other people's opinions on the topic too.

I just stated my opinion on the whole Liften situation, but I'm not going to repost it here. This is the link to that post over in the Starters Thread: http://www.serebiiforums.com/showth...mp-Speculation-Thread&p=18136426#post18136426

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
My biggest wish as big competitive fan that new Pokemon and forms have good stat spread and movepool. Also more interesting type compinations. I also wish that Poke ride can be used many routes, not only restricted areas

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Did they play the Kahuna battle music in the trailer? I don't quite remember it, but if not I hope the music is awesome like the XY gym leader battle music. I'm not too impressed with the rival battle music since I find it not as tense as the other rival/friend battle music.

Also more Special Rock and Steel moves and Physical Fairy and Psychic moves (Psyshock is creative but I'd like another actual Physical move).

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Did they play the Kahuna battle music in the trailer? I don't quite remember it, but if not I hope the music is awesome like the XY gym leader battle music. I'm not too impressed with the rival battle music since I find it not as tense as the other rival/friend battle music.

Also more Special Rock and Steel moves and Physical Fairy and Psychic moves (Psyshock is creative but I'd like another actual Physical move).

We really just need more Fairy moves in general. Not counting the currently inaccessible Light of Ruin, there are 6 damaging Fairy moves, only 3 of which are seen competitively. We know we're getting Fleur Cannon and Nature's Madness (probably), but that's it so far. Actually, a Z-Move for every type not withstanding, we haven't had many new moves confirmed yet. We have signature moves for each of our Legendaries, and then Leafage and Highhorse Power. That's...pretty scarce, with us having 11 non-Legend exclusive moves revealed before X/Y dropped, which was more than 1/6 of the moves that were introduced in Gen 6.

I guess that I'm hoping for a healthy helping of new moves as well, then. Let's see Pyukumuku use a move called Gut Punch, and Castley von Soulsucker could learn a new Ground-Type move called Sandblaster, which would have a high chance to lower Defense/Sp. Defense, due to real-life sandblasters are used to remove rust, paint, etc.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I hope that Sun and Moon is a single region game so the whole Kanto being post game thing can end. Also trial captain rematches post game.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
We really just need more Fairy moves in general. Not counting the currently inaccessible Light of Ruin, there are 6 damaging Fairy moves, only 3 of which are seen competitively. We know we're getting Fleur Cannon and Nature's Madness (probably), but that's it so far. Actually, a Z-Move for every type not withstanding, we haven't had many new moves confirmed yet. We have signature moves for each of our Legendaries, and then Leafage and Highhorse Power. That's...pretty scarce, with us having 11 non-Legend exclusive moves revealed before X/Y dropped, which was more than 1/6 of the moves that were introduced in Gen 6.

I guess that I'm hoping for a healthy helping of new moves as well, then. Let's see Pyukumuku use a move called Gut Punch, and Castley von Soulsucker could learn a new Ground-Type move called Sandblaster, which would have a high chance to lower Defense/Sp. Defense, due to real-life sandblasters are used to remove rust, paint, etc.

Sandblaster sounds like an awesome move. They need a few more options for Ground / Rock type moves to give those types more variation competitively

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Sandblaster sounds like an awesome move. They need a few more options for Ground / Rock type moves to give those types more variation competitively

Thanks! It was an idea I came up with years ago during Gen 4, and who better to use it than a sandcastle?

Yep, we know. The General Discussion Thread already brought it up.

WolfCypher

I want the player character you don't pick to have a real role in the game. So I'm picking the boy in Sun, I'd like to know that the playable girl I didn't choose is involved in the plot as a NPC, friendly or rival.

I want a new gorilla. Visually, Daramanitan is terrible, and Slaking is as much a gorilla as Primeape is a pig...

I'm glad in recent gens they've gone back and revisited some concepts and animals they've already done. Like we've already had a mole, but Diglett and Dugtrio were not the traditional kind of moles I'd expected, then we finally get "real" moles with Drillbur and Excadrill. Same with Slowpoke ad Slowbro...are they hippos? Are they hermit crabs?! Thankfully, they did hippos and hermit crabs justice with Hippopotas and Dwebble. We finally got a new line of horse outside of Ponyta, so as long as GF keeps this up, cool.

And no more felines...this isn't Yo-Kai Watch. Enough cats!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I want the player character you don't pick to have a real role in the game. So I'm picking the boy in Sun, I'd like to know that the playable girl I didn't choose is involved in the plot as a NPC, friendly or rival.

I want a new gorilla. Visually, Daramanitan is terrible, and Slaking is as much a gorilla as Primeape is a pig...

I'm glad in recent gens they've gone back and revisited some concepts and animals they've already done. Like we've already had a mole, but Diglett and Dugtrio were not the traditional kind of moles I'd expected, then we finally get "real" moles with Drillbur and Excadrill. Same with Slowpoke ad Slowbro...are they hippos? Are they hermit crabs?! Thankfully, they did hippos and hermit crabs justice with Hippopotas and Dwebble. We finally got a new line of horse outside of Ponyta, so as long as GF keeps this up, cool.

And no more felines...this isn't Yo-Kai Watch. Enough cats!

To be fair, Damnitan is, well, an orangutan (it's also a clever take on Daruma dolls and the Bodhi-Dharma), Slaking is a giant sloth with elements of a gorilla, and Primeape is an oddly tailless baboon. None of them are actually gorillas. As for Slowbro, it is based on the sazae-oni, a sea demon in Japanese mythology that is described as having a spiral-shaped, spiny shell.

As for the cats, not only are there many varied breeds and species of felines, but there are also countless myths and superstitions surrounding cats. Combine that with the huge amount of love that exists for the furry little fellas, and it's no surprise that GF has had quite a few kitty-centric designs. That said, when it comes to domestic cats, we get, at most, one 2-stage line per generation, which isn't much.

WolfCypher

That's too much. Cats, domestic or otherwise, getting a guaranteed rep every gen is too much to me. No other animal species or concept besides Pika-rodents (Pikachu being the flagship Pokémon, its justified) gets that treatment. This is my wish...my pipedream I'm posting in the Wishlist thread...enough with the cats. I'm only saying any justification you can argue will not change that I personally am burnt out on cats.

If I actually liked the Water starter of Sun/Moon, I wouldn't be defaulting to Litten for Moon (I'm picking both games and Rowlet will be on my Sun team, since Popplio doesn't do it for me, and I don't plan on using Rowlet in both versions, I'm stuck with Litten).

R_N

I say this every single generation, and I will keep saying it even in games that probably wont get move tutors:

extreme
speed
move
tutor

There's so many pokemon that are at best in league with Arcanine who should get extreme speed and enjoy it
throw them a dang bone!

at least bring back the dragon den guy to give dragonite extreme speed so we don't have to rely on HGSS dragon den Dratini/a game stop eent fromt gen 6 breeds

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I hope they revisit all old Pokemon's level up moves and mix it up a bit just to make them a little more interesting this gen and possibly make some less viable Pokemon in competitive a little more viable at least.

I mean it's kinda dumb that Togekiss only gets Dazzling Gleam as it's only good Fairy move, yet Altaria can get Moonblast.

R_N

I hope they revisit all old Pokemon's level up moves and mix it up a bit just to make them a little more interesting this gen and possibly make some less viable Pokemon in competitive a little more viable at least.

I mean it's kinda dumb that Togekiss only gets Dazzling Gleam as it's only good Fairy move, yet Altaria can get Moonblast.

Gen 6 pokemon in particular really need overhauls to their egg moves if nothing else.

Unfortunately, depending on the rumor, they may not even be touched...? Whatever, we'll see.

HolyKey

Lore Keeper

ORAS and BW outdid themselves when it comes to music. Wally's rock star theme, Zinnia's tense track when you battle her at Sky Pillar and, of course, Black and White's 'Emotion' track which I still think should be championed as Pokemon's theme.

Oh, and more Flying-type moves in general. There's not many; I just checked.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
ORAS and BW outdid themselves when it comes to music. Wally's rock star theme, Zinnia's tense track when you battle her at Sky Pillar and, of course, Black and White's 'Emotion' track which I still think should be championed as Pokemon's theme.

Oh, and more Flying-type moves in general. There's not many; I just checked.

Eh, I could do with a new multi-hitting Flying move for my buddy Pikipek, but beyond that, I'm good. It's true, there aren't many Flying moves (24, so an average of 4 per Generation), but there are just enough in each tier of Base Power to get the job done, though I guess there could be an in-between for Air Slash and Hurricane in terms of Base Power and accuracy that isn't exclusive to a Legendary.

Status
Not open for further replies.