• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
What I meant is we don't know the extent of Pokeride yet. It could very well not serve as a complete replacement for HMs.

of course, so the many questions I have I hope get answered tomorrow!

HolyKey

Lore Keeper
My biggest wish is that they'd stop with the 'one step forward, two steps backwards' mentality.
Comparing XY to BW/2 - the change from sprites to models was good, but the game had zero plot and close to 0 memorable characters; the overall mechanics are better (the exception being megas), but there's no postgame and almost no challenge.
Does anyone remember ramos? Flare scientists or even lysandre? While unova had its own share of forgettable characters (alder..), the games sidetracked and had you interact with characters. Unova also had the best evil team to date, while kalos...did it even have one?

The challenge, or lack of, is by far the biggest issue. Every game is less challenging than the one that came before it. Challenge mode was a good sign, but then came kalos.

I haven't followed SM news since late june, so I know not whether they showed any hints of fixing these problems, or if the new evil team is yet another rocket.
/rant

Some other things i'd like to see:
-Official nuzlocke support
-The return of chars from previous games like looker, zinnia, emma (the only interesting char from XY)
-Type changes for pokemon like the gummy line (water?) and floette line (grass?) among others
-More breedable legendaries. An idea me and a friend came up with was an ice/dark werewolf that would be able to breed an ice(/fairy) white wolf with its own evo line (basically, a cursed wolf and its purified offspring)
-Atlantis-esque town, underwater. Perhaps the building in the center of the map could be the entrance to the underwater post-game area.

Hey, now, I liked Alder! I mean, he does more than Diantha by a mile and we even get some backstory on him about how one of his Pokemon actually died and how he blames himself for it. Cynthia's still the best, but that's neither here or there. And, to be fair, Kalos Gym Leaders sort of fall in line with the rest from the series bar those from Unova -- 2D characters you interact once with and then forget about. Like, I sometimes forget Chuck and others exist.

But I am digging that Atlantis-esque town. Hell, I'd even settle for a settlement area inside of a massive cenote. Something along the lines of Cappadocia, but accessible via water. Also, I want a Fairy/Dark Maleficent Pokemon. Preferably as the region's Pseudo-Legendary. I'm also gonna require massive ravines, waterfalls and tons of caves.

League

Master Abra Catcher
[~*snip*~]

I am also hoping that Zygarde is not a big part of this game (shocking, I know). Because I have zero interest in it. It doesn't even feel like a Pokemon. At least I like Solgaleo and Lunala better than Yveltal and Xerneas, which felt like robots in a weird way.
It is likely that Solgaleo and Lunala is the main focus for the main story. Zygarde would be in post game pokemon and it is considered a pokemon. I think it is the most interesting bit of the games in my opinion.
Zygarde is actually likely to be obtained 3/4 through the Island Challenges progress. That doesn't sound like "focus" to me, although at least implicitly it does seem like Zygarde provides some of the basis for Z-Moves.

I'm guessing Zygarde 10% is a 500-bst pokemon with its stats weighted toward its Speed stat (which isn't broken per se at such a point in the storyline) and that Zygarde 100% has a bst of 700 (which is shared by the Mega Evo's of the pseudo-legends, only Zygarde's transformation is HP/ability-based which lets it keep an item). Zygarde could have a level-based transformation ability like Wishiwashi, one that prevents its transformation below a certain level.

Allllllternativeeeeely they could give Zygarde 10% a bst of 400 or 500 and Zygarde 100% a bst of 800.

Last edited:
My biggest wish is that they'd stop with the 'one step forward, two steps backwards' mentality.
Comparing XY to BW/2 - the change from sprites to models was good, but the game had zero plot and close to 0 memorable characters; the overall mechanics are better (the exception being megas), but there's no postgame and almost no challenge.
Does anyone remember ramos? Flare scientists or even lysandre? While unova had its own share of forgettable characters (alder..), the games sidetracked and had you interact with characters. Unova also had the best evil team to date, while kalos...did it even have one?

The challenge, or lack of, is by far the biggest issue. Every game is less challenging than the one that came before it. Challenge mode was a good sign, but then came kalos.

I haven't followed SM news since late june, so I know not whether they showed any hints of fixing these problems, or if the new evil team is yet another rocket.
/rant

-The return of chars from previous games like looker, zinnia, emma (the only interesting char from XY)
-Type changes for pokemon like the gummy line (water?) and floette line (grass?) among others
-More breedable legendaries. An idea me and a friend came up with was an ice/dark werewolf that would be able to breed an ice(/fairy) white wolf with its own evo line (basically, a cursed wolf and its purified offspring)
-Atlantis-esque town, underwater. Perhaps the building in the center of the map could be the entrance to the underwater post-game area.

I'd like to point out that the majority, if not every, point of yours is somewhat subjective, even challenge wise due to teams people use. Granted that there's some things that need fixed, such as trainers having full move pools, but believe it or not but some people enjoy an easier game and a minimalist Story, and even though I share a good amount of your sentiments story wise, I've seen people say it was pointless or pretentious.

Also, at Bguy, we know that the PokéRide Pokémon can be summoned af any time (they'll probably need to be unlocked and it's obvious that it's somewhat terrain based) and that at least Tauros, the water rides and perhaps Charizard can function as complete replacements for certain field moves, so TMs are probably gonna be optional at best.

It also stops those silly looking surf and fly models from ruining an otherwise graphically amazing game.

I hope the game is more difficult then XY and ORAS were... i found XY really easy tbh.

goodpeople25

I'd like to point out that the majority, if not every, point of yours is somewhat subjective, even challenge wise due to teams people use. Granted that there's some things that need fixed, such as trainers having full move pools, but believe it or not but some people enjoy an easier game and a minimalist Story, and even though I share a good amount of your sentiments story wise, I've seen people say it was pointless or pretentious.

Also, at Bguy, we know that the PokéRide Pokémon can be summoned af any time (they'll probably need to be unlocked and it's obvious that it's somewhat terrain based) and that at least Tauros, the water rides and perhaps Charizard can function as complete replacements for certain field moves, so TMs are probably gonna be optional at best.

It also stops those silly looking surf and fly models from ruining an otherwise graphically amazing game.
Tauros? Yeah he smashes rocksbut that dosen't mean he replaces rock smash. If anything he replaces Rhyhorn and mamoswine.

Tauros? Yeah he smashes rocksbut that dosen't mean he replaces rock smash. If anything he replaces Rhyhorn and mamoswine.

Ryhorn and Mamoswine were limited to gimmick routes. We can ride Tauros anywhere. HMs will probably only be utilised for areas where your riding Pokémon can't go like Caves because otherwise it's useless af.

goodpeople25

The main point was that smashing rocks isn't exactly the same as rock smash and that if anything they just expanded the rocks to break riding gimmick from Kalos. And huh? I still don't get how "call on pokeride anytime" = we can use pokeride anywhere. Is there something I'm missing?

Etherion

Hey, now, I liked Alder! I mean, he does more than Diantha by a mile and we even get some backstory on him about how one of his Pokemon actually died and how he blames himself for it. Cynthia's still the best, but that's neither here or there. And, to be fair, Kalos Gym Leaders sort of fall in line with the rest from the series bar those from Unova -- 2D characters you interact once with and then forget about. Like, I sometimes forget Chuck and others exist.

But I am digging that Atlantis-esque town. Hell, I'd even settle for a settlement area inside of a massive cenote. Something along the lines of Cappadocia, but accessible via water. Also, I want a Fairy/Dark Maleficent Pokemon. Preferably as the region's Pseudo-Legendary. I'm also gonna require massive ravines, waterfalls and tons of caves.

Alder wasn't bad, but out of the bunch he's the most forgettable for me. Might be due to him being the easiest champion imo.

That's the 1st time i hear about Cappadocia, and it looks great. Wish they'd include places like these rather than the plain-looking 1st island..

While my opinion about the game having zero challenge might be just that, i'd say the rest of my points are pretty much facts.

The return of challeng mode (and easy mode for those who like easier games) and official nuzlocke support would go a long way for those of us who aren't stuck in our early teens (not trying to offend anyone, just assuming that those who like the direction they took with XY are part of that group).

There's a difference between minimalist and no story. FRLG Kanto is an example of minimalist story. Kalos just has nothing.
Kalos was genwunning taken to the extreme in order to bring back lost fanbase; the same fanbase who called unova "pointless" and "pretentious".
CMIIW but, despite the highly controversial dex, unova games sold as much as previous (and current) games. Why suddenly cater to the minority?

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost

/rant

It did strike me as weird that Goodra and floette lines were pure, considering how one is made of goo (poison, water, some weird fairy?), and one is basically glued to a plant or part plant depending on its evo statge.

I think your idea of an entire evolutionary line obtainable only by breeding a legendary is really interesting! Especially if it was kept as a sort of secret Easter egg.

shadowF

so with the leaks saying we create a pokemon league after we win the league, do you guys think it would be cool if we could choose our own elite four? I would choose Hau, and three other characters once we find out more about them.

BlitzGirl41

so with the leaks saying we create a pokemon league after we win the league, do you guys think it would be cool if we could choose our own elite four? I would choose Hau, and three other characters once we find out more about them.

I wouldn't enjoy it because, with control over who is in the Elite Four, I could pick ridiculously weak options so I could smash right through. But also, the thought of "creating" it just seems like too much work for me. I want to be surprised about what I face, and not be the one deciding those things.

Grey Wind

If it happens, I don't think it'll be, like, a customizable thing. There'll probably be a set group of people that we "choose".

shadowF

yeah I guess I just want Hau's story to be expanded post game. I guess that is my hope/wish that we learn what our rival wants to do with their lives post game. I always wondered what Silver decided to do with his life after the game completes in Gold/Silver/Heartgold/Soulsilver/Crystal.

BlitzGirl41

yeah I guess I just want Hau's story to be expanded post game. I guess that is my hope/wish that we learn what our rival wants to do with their lives post game. I always wondered what Silver decided to do with his life after the game completes in Gold/Silver/Heartgold/Soulsilver/Crystal.

I find it interesting that all we know so far is that he chooses the starter that is weak to what we choose. So it brings up the question: Will we get a rival who chooses the one strong to ours? And if so...who are they?

Redcoat

My wishes: and also because I made this account days ago and haven’t been bothered to post anything anywhere yet so you get stuck with this
- For the TM list to be shaken up a bit. The first fifty in particular haven’t really changed much since Gen III. Understandable with the transition from III to IV, since you could have a Poke hold a TM and transfer it (if I remember right). But now we’d easily be able to see them changed or replaced. I personally wouldn’t mind getting easy-access elemental punches back either way…

- More stone evolutions, but only using the old stones. Specifically, I’d like to see more Fire and Dawn ones. Fire Stone is only required for four evolutions, three of which are Gen I ’mons and the fourth being Pansear. Dawn has a meagre two, both of which were introduced at the same time as the stone itself in Gen IV. This will be three whole generations ago when SM are finally released so I'd like to see the Dawn Stone especially dusted off and given a new lease of life.

- At least 100 new Pokes, not including Alolan (or other) forms or any possible new Megas. Standard wish, hur hur. I’d also like the ratio of old-gen Pokes to new ones to be roughly 1 to 3, so other gens account for (up to) a quarter of the Alolan dex. I was one of those mad ones who actually loved the Unova dex, you see.

- Not to be interrupted after taking two steps into every new area as I was in XY. I can tolerate bad characters and plot if it's for Pokémon, but XY just made it so clunky and tedious on top of that. Or, crazy thought, have some manner of dialogue or cut-scene skip.

- Way more customisation options for the player characters. Especially the hair. Gimme an option for a buzzcut for the female MC. And for the dude to have hair down to his butt. Mohawks! Perms! Cornrows! More hair colour selection, too; all the colours of the rainbow and beyond. I mean, look at freaking Miror B. You tell me you don’t wanna be toting something like that around Alola on the back of your Mudsdale?

- Okay, so not really a proper wish or whatever, but can Nidorina and Nidoqueen be allowed to breed already? Does anybody know why this was even ever a thing? Programming error, oversight? It just seems weird when the male equivalents can breed, but these two can’t. Or is it just Game Freak being Game Freak?

BlitzGirl41

[snip]

- At least 100 new Pokes, not including Alolan (or other) forms or any possible new Megas. Standard wish, hur hur. I’d also like the ratio of old-gen Pokes to new ones to be roughly 1 to 3, so other gens account for (up to) a quarter of the Alolan dex. I was one of those mad ones who actually loved the Unova dex, you see.

- Not to be interrupted after taking two steps into every new area as I was in XY. I can tolerate bad characters and plot if it's for Pokémon, but XY just made it so clunky and tedious on top of that. Or, crazy thought, have some manner of dialogue or cut-scene skip.

- Way more customisation options for the player characters. Especially the hair. Gimme an option for a buzzcut for the female MC. And for the dude to have hair down to his butt. Mohawks! Perms! Cornrows! More hair colour selection, too; all the colours of the rainbow and beyond. I mean, look at freaking Miror B. You tell me you don’t wanna be toting something like that around Alola on the back of your Mudsdale?

[snip]
These are the ones I am also hoping for. I don't want Alola's Pokedex to be like Kalos' where it felt like the most viable Pokemon were from past gens. I, too, loved the Unova Pokedex being 100% new, though I have mixed feelings about the "feel" of B/W overall (it just feels so grungy, not bright, and awkward, graphics and color pallette and environment wise. It's the Pokemon game I play the least of, sadly, because of Unova.) I was very disappointed when I learned Alola was not going to be 100% original/new...

And I also hope they have more customization options! Even new clothing to fit the "flavor" of the region!

Redcoat

Yeah, I eventually got tired of searching new areas in XY since oldies just kept popping up. It got stale quickly.

I loved BW myself, but a big part of that was definitely the 'dex. I hadn't seen any of the new Pokémon beyond the first wave released (which included Klink and Darmanitan, I believe), so almost everything was completely new to me. I had the sense of discovery and the fact that I ended up really loving Gen V's designs anyway.

Even new clothing to fit the "flavor" of the region!

Definitely! I'm now imagining a Hawaiian shirt-style garment, except it has A-Exeggutor silhouettes all over it. I want this so much now, haha.

BlitzGirl41

Yeah, I eventually got tired of searching new areas in XY since oldies just kept popping up. It got stale quickly.

I loved BW myself, but a big part of that was definitely the 'dex. I hadn't seen any of the new Pokémon beyond the first wave released (which included Klink and Darmanitan, I believe), so almost everything was completely new to me. I had the sense of discovery and the fact that I ended up really loving Gen V's designs anyway.

Definitely! I'm now imagining a Hawaiian shirt-style garment, except it has A-Exeggutor silhouettes all over it. I want this so much now, haha.

Oh my goodness, that would be great (about the shirt)! I'd just want to dress my female toon up in Hawaiian-style garb, that's all I'd care about. I'm even going to give my toon a Hawaiian name (yes, I have decided this far in advance). :)

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
them to stop doing the move tutor only every other game set thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.