• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally i just hope the Male trainer gets more customization options then in X&Y. Calem had about 1/5 the options Serena had

Also, as i said months ago, no more Friend evolutions. Its just easier to catch a Roselia then wait for a Budew to evolve, for example.

So far it looks like Mega evolution was an X & Y thing. Unless i missed something. I think Alola forms have replaced them as the new "Thing"

Also, Alolan forms seem to be limited to Kanto only. Small chance of Alolan Solosis at the moment.

I doubt they'd remove a feature like friendship evolution seeing how long it's been in, as well as the fact they've seemed to of paid more attention to their retcons. I mean they've presented the idea of a whole new timeline to explain Megas :s

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So far it looks like Mega evolution was an X & Y thing. Unless i missed something. I think Alola forms have replaced them as the new "Thing"

Also, Alolan forms seem to be limited to Kanto only. Small chance of Alolan Solosis at the moment.

Hence why I said some were just me being hopeful.

Plus, we have no clue where Mega Evolution stands right now. They're definitely coming back, that's pretty much guaranteed, but it is unknown if we'll see more or not.

Yeah that seems to be the case right now, I'm hoping we get a nice surprise though and we end up seeing Alolan forms for Pokemon outside of Kanto.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
I doubt they'd remove a feature like friendship evolution seeing how long it's been in, as well as the fact they've seemed to of paid more attention to their retcons. I mean they've presented the idea of a whole new timeline to explain Megas :s

Well i meant no New friendship evolutions. Though if they put the evolved form in the wild like Budew/Roselia and Azurill/Marill in X & Y that would be just as good as eliminating the Friendship evolution method all together

Navarch

Since we're going to be able to transfer Pokemon from RBY, it would be nice if they could let us transfer Pokemon from DPPt, HGSSS, and BWB2W2. If they could let us transfer them into Pokebank somehow, and then into SM, that'd be really useful. Right now, you'd have to have completed a 4th generation game, and a 5th generation game, and a 6th generation game, and transfer them all in order to get them all to SM. It'd be really convenient for people that don't have all the games.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well i meant no New friendship evolutions. Though if they put the evolved form in the wild like Budew/Roselia and Azurill/Marill in X & Y that would be just as good as eliminating the Friendship evolution method all together

I just want them to rid the pokeworld of incenses. I personally like friendship evolution a lot. They should make the baby forms have the biggest presentation in the wild, but I almost feel like the baby forms are supposed to be hard to get for the dex or whatever.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I hope Sun and Moon are the last games to have customization in my opinion. I also hope that we never see gen 5 and under exp share again.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I hope Sun and Moon are the last games to have customization in my opinion. I also hope that we never see gen 5 and under exp share again.

Wait... WHY?!!!! Why would you want no customization?!

Kennith

Banned
I think that if customization had more purpose then it would be fine. I think that is what he meant.

Requiem's Eclipse

Hopelessly Hopeful
-Trainer Customization

-Megas Returning: But few introduced or no new ones

- Boat travel to and from each island.

- Better Story from XY

- Dramatic Soundtrack (a la Cynthia's Battle and Encounter theme, Ghetsis' Battle Theme, N's Castle and Battle Theme, Route 10, Zinnia's Battle Theme, Wallys Battle Theme, Zinnia's Sorrow (Just Zinnia's Motif in general is stellar), Route 16 in Kalos, The ending theme of ORAS and XY. The new battle Frontier brain music as well.)

- No Ash Greninja

- More new pokemon.

- Higher New pokemon to old pokemon ratio in the Standard Pokedex.

- Return of the Pokeradar where you can get rare pokemon or pokemon not standard in that region in the area. So classic pokeradar.

- New Exp Share Mechanics from X&Y carry over. Maybe a setting that can swtich between full-team and one other pokemon.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
for some new tiny cute little pokemon that no one takes seriously to actually turn out to have monster stats. Like, cleffa with the stats of haxorus.

Edit: and a gts function that lets you search based a pokemon that you have for postings asking for it. Would be useful for when you're breeding and have a lot of a pokemon, and want to collect other iv-bred pokemon but don't have anything particular in mind.

Last edited:

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
If Mega Stones do return (which I really hope they do) I want to be able to collect all of them in one game and not have to trade for them like in XY. I hate having to trade To have them all on one game as I either need to pester my friends repeatedly or buy a second 3DS which I don't want to do. Being able to store items in PokeBank would be very helpful.

More customisation options than in XY. I want my outrageous unnatural hair colours and new hairstyles (we've only seen the default one so far). At least we can remove the hats now tho.

The Battle facility in the post game to NOT be the Battle Maison again. I'm burnt out with that place, I want a new one even if it's still the exact same format.

To be able to transfer XYORAS Pokemon back to gen6 provided they don't have any SunMoon moves or abilities. I'd love to max out my Shinies' IVs but much prefer having them on their game of origin.

DSDark

Breeder
I'm seriously hoping for both the return of the gen V wonder, the Pokemon World Tournament. With SM being released during the 20th anniversary year we could use the return of every gym leader and champion from the past. I also really want hordes to return.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
World tournament would be great!

But you know what we all need? Skip cutscenes. They have been putting them there whenever they can to make stuff more cinematic, but it comes off as annoying.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
More bag pocket options.
I'd like my evolutionary items, EV/battle items and Mega Stones separated for easy navigation

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm seriously hoping for both the return of the gen V wonder, the Pokemon World Tournament. With SM being released during the 20th anniversary year we could use the return of every gym leader and champion from the past. I also really want hordes to return.

I would explode with excitement if the World Tournament came back. I loved it in BW2, spent so much time in there right up until XY's release. The 20th anniversary would be the perfect opportunity to bring it back. Give everyone Megas and make it challenging, with awesome music, and I'd almost never be out of it.

More bag pocket options.
I'd like my evolutionary items, EV/battle items and Mega Stones separated for easy navigation

The Free Space pocket from BW2 would be a nice thing to have back as well. Can have all our items better sorted out with individual sections but keep our most used (Max Repels for example) separate for easy access.

Team Volt Grunt

Pokémon Collector
More bag pocket options.

^This! That items pocket needs to be broken down. I'd like separate pockets for "trainer" items like the Escape Rope and Repels, evolution items, pokeballs, hold items, mega stones, and the tradeable/sellable items.

I loved that extra pocket in gen 5.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I would explode with excitement if the World Tournament came back. I loved it in BW2, spent so much time in there right up until XY's release. The 20th anniversary would be the perfect opportunity to bring it back. Give everyone Megas and make it challenging, with awesome music, and I'd almost never be out of it.

Literally all of this. It was such a nostalgic thing to do, battling all the champions again, or all the old gym leaders. Please make this happen. I recently started my White2 again pretty much just for this (all my Pokemon save a loan Patrat had been transfered to Bank already).

Raxacoricofallapatorius

Exalted Meme Junkie
Thirded/fourthed/I don't even know at this point on World Tournament.

I wouldn't even mind seeing another type or two introduced at this juncture, just to keep things interesting.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
If Mega Stones do return (which I really hope they do) I want to be able to collect all of them in one game and not have to trade for them like in XY. I hate having to trade To have them all on one game as I either need to pester my friends repeatedly or buy a second 3DS which I don't want to do. Being able to store items in PokeBank would be very helpful.

More customisation options than in XY. I want my outrageous unnatural hair colours and new hairstyles (we've only seen the default one so far). At least we can remove the hats now tho.

The Battle facility in the post game to NOT be the Battle Maison again. I'm burnt out with that place, I want a new one even if it's still the exact same format.

To be able to transfer XYORAS Pokemon back to gen6 provided they don't have any SunMoon moves or abilities. I'd love to max out my Shinies' IVs but much prefer having them on their game of origin.

Yes!
Easier Mega stone collection!
Items in pokebank!
customization galore! Especially hairstyles! (I didn't know you could remove hats; where was that? Hatless trainer in a trailer?)
Cross-gen compatibility! (Make it easier for breeding, especially with my X currently in Japanese for that other-language bonus)

Status
Not open for further replies.