• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

More bag pocket options.
I'd like my evolutionary items, EV/battle items and Mega Stones separated for easy navigation

God, this, yes. The Main Pocket has way too many things in it.

Also, talking about it in the other thread reminded me: if you are going to put pokemon in late game areas such as Victory Road, please think really hard about what pokemon you put in there.

Pseudo legends? No problem
Fully evolved, but not exceptional, pokemon like Fearow? Gotcha
Middle stages that can relatively stand on their own or evolve by gimmick? nice

Lickitung? As a 5% horde encounter?? What???

.Aerodactyl.

Chiming in to say "yes please!" To more customization options for hair and more colours :D. I feel like one day it has to get there, you know? I think it's too much to hope for this gen, but it would be great if for some cuts we could pick two tones for highlights. So you could be blond with like green or something cool.

I also second more pockets... especially like two we could name and designate ourselves. That would be fantastic!

And just noting some of the levels of Pokémon and trainers in the trailers... (Team Skull leader only has two Pokémon at a level 30 fight, and one of the is ariados?) But really hoping for a level difficulty. Even just a "classic" and "hard" mode. Doesn't have to be a million options.

I'm also wanting a battle facility akin to the frontier. I do r think they'd ever call it a "frontier" (they seem to want new words). But having multiple facilities with different styles was fantastic, added hours of playtime and new goals. Was truly epic, I really miss that from Platinum. I'm crossing my fingers we are gonna get something like it, only because the Backpacker in X/Y hinted at a facility we "wouldn't believe".

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'd like an option for Customization to remove the player's hat because it would be a nice to use a minor change from customization mechanics in XY so that it could yield more options that the player can utilise. Customization was definitely a fun (and somewhat major) mechanic in XY and I'd like to see more done to it for Sun and Moon because the lack of ability to remove the hat in XY, as seen with in-game rivals Calem and Serena if the players selected the girl or the boy respectively, made the feature seem incomplete.

The return of the Battle Frontier/PWT is another thing I've wished to exist in S&M. These facilities have been long desired by many fans including myself and the lack of such facility in Gen 6 makes the wait feel longer. Personally, I had much fun battling in those battle facilities because they had a lot of options, from battling Gym Leader from other regions in the PWT and experiencing many different battling styles in the Battle Frontier.

Lastly, I'd like the return of the pre-Gen 6 EXP Share. What many players experienced including myself while playing X and Y was because the EXP Share became a Key Item, it could be turned on and off and while it was turned on, it could level up the entire team (though the EXP All in Gen 1 gave much less EXP than the Gen 6 EXP Share). To me, it was like giving all of my Pokémon the EXP Share to hold in a pre-Gen 6 viewpoint. It also contributed to sheer brokenness because as previously mentioned, the Gen 6 EXP Share levelled up the entire team. It meant that Pokémon that haven't been used regularly in battle could very soon become useable in battle. That provided, the sheer brokenness of the EXP Share in Gen 6 makes me want the return of the pre-Gen 6 EXP Share in Sun and Moon.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
I'd like an option for Customization to remove the player's hat because it would be a nice to use a minor change from customization mechanics in XY so that it could yield more options that the player can utilise. Customization was definitely a fun (and somewhat major) mechanic in XY and I'd like to see more done to it for Sun and Moon because the lack of ability to remove the hat in XY, as seen with in-game rivals Calem and Serena if the players selected the girl or the boy respectively, made the feature seem incomplete.

The return of the Battle Frontier/PWT is another thing I've wished to exist in S&M. These facilities have been long desired by many fans including myself and the lack of such facility in Gen 6 makes the wait feel longer. Personally, I had much fun battling in those battle facilities because they had a lot of options, from battling Gym Leader from other regions in the PWT and experiencing many different battling styles in the Battle Frontier.

Lastly, I'd like the return of the pre-Gen 6 EXP Share. What many players experienced including myself while playing X and Y was because the EXP Share became a Key Item, it could be turned on and off and while it was turned on, it could level up the entire team (though the EXP All in Gen 1 gave much less EXP than the Gen 6 EXP Share). To me, it was like giving all of my Pokémon the EXP Share to hold in a pre-Gen 6 viewpoint. It also contributed to sheer brokenness because as previously mentioned, the Gen 6 EXP Share levelled up the entire team. It meant that Pokémon that haven't been used regularly in battle could very soon become useable in battle. That provided, the sheer brokenness of the EXP Share in Gen 6 makes me want the return of the pre-Gen 6 EXP Share in Sun and Moon.

Think you will be glad to know that being able to remove your hat is a thing as I think I recall in one of the trailers showcasing the Battle Royale mode one of the trainers is seen without a hat. Regarding customization I hope there will be a wider selection of clothes available, particularly if you chose to play as the male character (the male character's clothes selection in XY was pathetic compared to the girl's).

R_N

I hope there's a bit more face customization.

There was this weird thing with XY where, like, there was face customization but for no real reason it was exclusive to PR Videos despite using the same models. You could give yourself make up, different contacts and men could have a few different facial hair stylings.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Think you will be glad to know that being able to remove your hat is a thing as I think I recall in one of the trailers showcasing the Battle Royale mode one of the trainers is seen without a hat. Regarding customization I hope there will be a wider selection of clothes available, particularly if you chose to play as the male character (the male character's clothes selection in XY was pathetic compared to the girl's).

Yes. I totally didn't see that for a while but at least there's more Customization options available including the ability to remove the player's hat. I'd also had thoughts that there could be a wider range of clothing available in Sun and Moon, extending from the current Customization options we have now in XY and I'm hoping that at least a couple of articles of clothing from XY will be reused in Sun and Moon too as a part of the nostalgia factor.

.Aerodactyl.

I'm actually in the camp of liking the gen six experience share. Great for leveling up teams post game cause you can do the whole team at once AND still give them lucky eggs. Plus, I use that way more than I do the old experience share during the actual campaign so I didn't really miss it in X/Y. I found the game to easy with the experience share on in X/Y so just turned it off and used a lucky egg and switch training instead. It was actually faster that way XD. But it's also just how I train, I tend to keep my levels on par for my team. I understand the desire for the old one even if I'd never use it personally...is it too much to ask for both? XD

Yes. I totally didn't see that for a while but at least there's more Customization options available including the ability to remove the player's hat. I'd also had thoughts that there could be a wider range of clothing available in Sun and Moon, extending from the current Customization options we have now in XY and I'm hoping that at least a couple of articles of clothing from XY will be reused in Sun and Moon too as a part of the nostalgia factor.

I'm really curious to see if/how far they improve the feature... We've gotten hints of improvements (hat removal, mor waking tones) but haven't seen much else. No hairstyles have been revealed, we've only seen summer clothes so no outfits/jackets, just t-shirts and shorts/capri's. We also only seen one lair of shoes.

I'm hoping they have just asamy or more clothing options as X/Y as well as hairstyles and colours. But a small part of me fears that it's a one step forward two steps back kind of thing. My nagging suspicion is that we have no hair options other than colour changes, no shoe options, that we have tons more clothing to choose from, but all of it will be shorts and t-shirts so no variety. I'd love to have a back pack as the girl though. I hate we always have to use purses. I wanna feel like someone who is traveling, like a real Backpacker!

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I'm actually in the camp of liking the gen six experience share. Great for leveling up teams post game cause you can do the whole team at once AND still give them lucky eggs. Plus, I use that way more than I do the old experience share during the actual campaign so I didn't really miss it in X/Y. I found the game to easy with the experience share on in X/Y so just turned it off and used a lucky egg and switch training instead. It was actually faster that way XD. But it's also just how I train, I tend to keep my levels on par for my team. I understand the desire for the old one even if I'd never use it personally...is it too much to ask for both? XD

To be honest, personally, I used the EXP Share the whole time during my X and Y playthrough and I didn't really bother to turn it off. Around the beginning, I was neutral about the new EXP Share, thinking that it won't give EXP to all party members until a couple of wild battles later, when all of my party members received experience and I thought that this time, the EXP Share could potentially be game-breaking. It wasn't until a couple of Trainer battles later when all of my Pokémon levelled up quickly, but not at an even rate. Usually, I was better at levelling up Pokémon evenly with the older EXP Share because I was more adapted ti its mechanics. But yeah, we won't have both of the same type of EXP Share in Sun and Moon but I prefer the older EXP Share for increased difficulty.

I'm really curious to see if/how far they improve the feature... We've gotten hints of improvements (hat removal, mor waking tones) but haven't seen much else. No hairstyles have been revealed, we've only seen summer clothes so no outfits/jackets, just t-shirts and shorts/capri's. We also only seen one lair of shoes.

I'm hoping they have just asamy or more clothing options as X/Y as well as hairstyles and colours. But a small part of me fears that it's a one step forward two steps back kind of thing. My nagging suspicion is that we have no hair options other than colour changes, no shoe options, that we have tons more clothing to choose from, but all of it will be shorts and t-shirts so no variety. I'd love to have a back pack as the girl though. I hate we always have to use purses. I wanna feel like someone who is traveling, like a real Backpacker!

But personally it made sense for me to use a purse instead of a backpack for the female player because Kalos is based on France and I usually think of it as the fashion capital. But just using summer clothing like just T-shirts and shorts could also make sense too considering the tropical climate of Hawaii, which is the real-world geographical location that the Alola region is based on. Yet it's very possible that there will be the option to change the player's shoes, possibly to those themed of other Pokémon or other colours because note that the boy's shoe colour is blue (possibly based on Popplio) and the girl's shoe colour is red (possibly based on Litten).

Sprinter1988

Am I alone in not particularly caring about trainer customisation? Okay, it's interesting, but really, it was never that big a concern for me.

The main problem that I had with it was that it cost money to do, and am I playing pokemon to "catch 'em all" or play dress up? My first priority when entering a town was to buy potions and pokeballs. Next was seeing what TM's are available - and I'll spend 10,000 on the TM for Bulldoze over buying my character a new outfit any day.

Without the ability to re-battle a lot of trainers, money is harder to come by and in the event that I did find a hat or jacket I liked, by the time I had saved enough I was three towns over and had no desire to go back.
If player customisation were to come back, I'd want there to either be the ability to re-battle trainers (such as the vs seeker) so that cash isn't so much of an issue, or the clothes are unlockable; for example, beating a Ranger unlocks their hat, beating two rangers unlocks their boots, beating three unlocks their jacket and so on.

Luthor

I'm hoping this is a time to update a few pokemon move pools that a desperately in need of something. For example Unfezent could really do with a reliable flying type attack. They've updated pokemon movesets before when they gave Flareon flare blitz so I'm hoping a few get the moves they are lacking.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I'm hoping this is a time to update a few pokemon move pools that a desperately in need of something. For example Unfezent could really do with a reliable flying type attack. They've updated pokemon movesets before when they gave Flareon flare blitz so I'm hoping a few get the moves they are lacking.

Poor Unfezant. It got that Attack buff in Gen 6, and not much to do with it. Yeah, It definitely needs Brave Bird or Acrobatics or SOMETHING at least (Aerial Ace doesn't quite cut it). I wouldn't mind a Mega Unfezant whose Ability negated the need to charge moves up, so it could unload one-turn Sky Attacks all over the place, but that's probably a long shot.

Luthor

Poor Unfezant. It got that Attack buff in Gen 6, and not much to do with it. Yeah, It definitely needs Brave Bird or Acrobatics or SOMETHING at least (Aerial Ace doesn't quite cut it). I wouldn't mind a Mega Unfezant whose Ability negated the need to charge moves up, so it could unload one-turn Sky Attacks all over the place, but that's probably a long shot.

Even drill peck would be a substantial improvement at this point.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

That ability would be so great to be honest and would make charge moves more viable in competitive, as the only way you can actually use one reliably is one time because of Power Herb. Even then it's really only seen on Xerneas(Geomancy) and Hawlucha with Unburden(Sky Attack).

Perhaps it could relate to time? You know, skipping ahead in time in order to use the move early? Like Fast Forward, or something.

Mudster

Master of the Legend
Perhaps it could relate to time? You know, skipping ahead in time in order to use the move early? Like Fast Forward, or something.

Interesting idea - perhaps an ability that reverses the way moves like that work. Perhaps moves like Solarbeam, Sky Attack, etc, would work like Hyper Beam and Giga Impact where the Pokémon has to rest after the move rather than charge it, and vice versa.

I wonder if this time around it will become easier again to obtain shiny Pokémon. Friend safari reduced the odds to around 1/512 I believe, without use of the shiny charm. I hope that feature returns, alongside a proper Safari Zone. I miss those safari balls!

It would be cool to have one or two new Pokéballs, and maybe even a throwback to Johto with someone offering you the Apricorn based balls at some point in the game.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
My two biggest wishes of this gen has got to be the return of the Friend Safari and Apricorn Balls.

Seriously, I hate being called a 'cheater' for merely having a Shiny Venusaur I bred in a Friend Ball >.>
it's just cosmetic calm down

Orphalesion

My two biggest wishes of this gen has got to be the return of the Friend Safari and Apricorn Balls.

Seriously, I hate being called a 'cheater' for merely having a Shiny Venusaur I bred in a Friend Ball >.>
it's just cosmetic calm down

I still think they should allow us to transfer pokemon into different pokeballs after we caught/acquired them. Just for customization purposes.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
That ability would be so great to be honest and would make charge moves more viable in competitive, as the only way you can actually use one reliably is one time because of Power Herb. Even then it's really only seen on Xerneas(Geomancy) and Hawlucha with Unburden(Sky Attack).

I was thinking an Ability like that could be called Hyperactive, implying that the the user is so overflowing with energy that they have no need charge or recharge. Mega Unfezant could be the perfect candidate, as well, seeing as its STAB Sky Attack and Giga Impact would be insane, but its lack of coverage would balance it out.

Interesting idea - perhaps an ability that reverses the way moves like that work. Perhaps moves like Solarbeam, Sky Attack, etc, would work like Hyper Beam and Giga Impact where the Pokémon has to rest after the move rather than charge it, and vice versa.

Except that that wouldn't make those moves any more usable competitively. No one uses Hyper Beam or its clones, so no one would bother using reverse Solar Beam or Sky Attack either.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Apricorn balls returning would be extremely interesting. Even if they are rewards instead of being grown.

It shouldn't even be a big issue to have a special vendor sell them. Just have them be from Johto and they craft them then sell them for high prices due to being very rare outside of Johto. Like maybe 5,000 a piece.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost

I wonder if this time around it will become easier again to obtain shiny Pokémon. Friend safari reduced the odds to around 1/512 I believe, without use of the shiny charm. I hope that feature returns, alongside a proper Safari Zone. I miss those safari balls!

It would be cool to have one or two new Pokéballs, and maybe even a throwback to Johto with someone offering you the Apricorn based balls at some point in the game.

I'm pretty sure it's less than that without the shiny charm, considering that's the estimation for breeding using both the Masuda method and the shiny charm at the same time...

Status
Not open for further replies.