• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gizmoa

It's at least a solid 97%, at least in my eyes. The other 3% being that we get the same starters but with minor design tweaks depending on what stage in development the concept art was.

They were 3 independent images floating around originally... if they started out as a single post that was lost before they were refound and put together... so only littens form has the high likelihood and the others are a bit more diminished since we don't know if they were made to go with the litten one or actually went with it.

sheld999

this is a long shot but I really hope we get a new evolution method for pokemon that need to be traded in order to evolve. It's just so much of hassle if you have a whole bunch of them and need to find someone who will trade back and forth a dozen or so pokemon because you don't have a second 3DS with the right game

agreed, new mechisim will be awesome

Bus

Not 100% confirmed from what I've heard either. Still to be announced. I'm the same, only Rowlett's potential evo appeals to me.
It would actually be hilarious if they were totally different from what the community currently expects.

I was thinking the same thing recently. It would be really funny if what we're all assuming are the final drafts are actually completely off. For all we know, creepy clown Popplio is the final form. What made me think of it is the more recent postings on the french pokemon twitter...I think it was twitter, anyway. The one asking what we imagine the starters evolutions look like. Its fairly well known that those leaks have been out for awhile and a lot of people have been pointing to Mallow as proof of legitimacy, but they are really early sketches.

In reality, for all we know, Mallow may have been the only thing to have been kept in those sketches and the rest retooled; the evolutions could very well look far different than whats there and they could be messing with us/toying with us asking what we expect them to look like when they know full well about how we're aware of the early sketches.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I was thinking the same thing recently. It would be really funny if what we're all assuming are the final drafts are actually completely off. For all we know, creepy clown Popplio is the final form. What made me think of it is the more recent postings on the french pokemon twitter...I think it was twitter, anyway. The one asking what we imagine the starters evolutions look like. Its fairly well known that those leaks have been out for awhile and a lot of people have been pointing to Mallow as proof of legitimacy, but they are really early sketches.

In reality, for all we know, Mallow may have been the only thing to have been kept in those sketches and the rest retooled; the evolutions could very well look far different than whats there and they could be messing with us/toying with us asking what we expect them to look like when they know full well about how we're aware of the early sketches.

I don't think they're early sketches. The quality of the art and the multiple angles in preparation for the conversion to 3D seem to indicate that this is a late stage/finished product. It also doesn't hurt that

THE MIGHTY MALLOW

also has her finished design here. I think TPCI is only asking because a) there are people who haven't seen the leaks b) the middle stages are still a mystery (and are what we'll see next) and c) GF and TPCI will never acknowledge any leaks (they never have before, mostly because that would help to confirm/deny the legitimacy of information that isn't meant to be revealed yet.) It's also worth mentioning that there were several take down notices for the art, and it was constantly being removed from Google Image search, until the MALLOW reveal made the art too widespread to contain.

As for my SuMo hopes and dreams, I just want a monkey. Sure, we've had monkeys in the past, plenty of them in fact. Still, they're my favorite animals, and I'm always happy to see more, so hopefully certain leaks come to fruition, or we get an un related monkey reveal.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

lol that'd be hilarious actually for me too, I agree. Well not hilarious if it was the clown that's scary but if the leaks just werent true :p
At this point I am pretty much taking them as the last stages due to all the evidence (won't care if the .01% chance happens that they're not) but it would make for some interesting posts on here otherwise!

Bus

c) GF and TPCI will never acknowledge any leaks (they never have before, mostly because that would help to confirm/deny the legitimacy of information that isn't meant to be revealed yet.) It's also worth mentioning that there were several take down notices for the art, and it was constantly being removed from Google Image search, until the MALLOW reveal made the art too widespread to contain.

Ah, I didnt know about the takedown notice stuff. That does kind of support things a bit, then. Also, sorry to butcher your post in replying; I figured I didnt need to quote everything verbatim, especially the girl-whose-name-must-always-be-giant.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Ah, I didnt know about the takedown notice stuff. That does kind of support things a bit, then. Also, sorry to butcher your post in replying; I figured I didnt need to quote everything verbatim, especially the girl-whose-name-must-always-be-giant.

Understood, we don't always need the giant MALLOW, but I like it that way :) But by all means, snip away!

XXD17

Draco rex
this is a long shot but I really hope we get a new evolution method for pokemon that need to be traded in order to evolve. It's just so much of hassle if you have a whole bunch of them and need to find someone who will trade back and forth a dozen or so pokemon because you don't have a second 3DS with the right game

Do you have a second game? If you do, you can just use the GTS.

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Do you have a second game? If you do, you can just use the GTS.

I do that. Forever alone :(

Or they could have an NPC (found in the end game) who you can trade and trade back with but its either costs allot or he/she collects a rare item like Rare Candies (for example).

Also please remove the need for incense during breeding. Uneeded items taking up bag space.

and while i'm at it, an extra bag compartment just for Z stones, Mega Stones and Primal orbs. Thanks

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I do that. Forever alone :(

Or they could have an NPC (found in the end game) who you can trade and trade back with but its either costs allot or he/she collects a rare item like Rare Candies (for example).

Also please remove the need for incense during breeding. Uneeded items taking up bag space.

and while i'm at it, an extra bag compartment just for Z stones, Mega Stones and Primal orbs. Thanks

wow I actually really like that idea.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
I think it would be cool to have non-pure Ice-types. Since gen IV the only things we got were a legendary with a dragon theme and a fossil which always are Rock-type. Ice/Bug, Ice/Poison and Ice/Fire would be really cool, but at this point even Ice/Water would be welcome.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Well ice type is a curse after all.

But having offensive ice type mons isn't bad, defensive ones are a whole nother matter.

topher4167

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I think it would be cool to have non-pure Ice-types. Since gen IV the only things we got were a legendary with a dragon theme and a fossil which always are Rock-type. Ice/Bug, Ice/Poison and Ice/Fire would be really cool, but at this point even Ice/Water would be welcome.

THIS. Ice/Bug would be such a cool typing, I have wanted it for so long. Please Gamefreak )':

goodpeople25

Well before Gen V all we had for pure ice types were a 2 stage line, a legendary and an eeveeloution which are always pure typed. (And a form, but then rotom didn't become electric/ice type till gen V and that's a more permanent form then castform)

Really I wouldn't be too worried, seems mostly coincidence that we got a big load of pure types in gen 5 (likely to boost the numbers) and then a very small gen. Plus both ice typed alolan forms ended up dual typed.

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
Well before Gen V all we had for pure ice types were a 2 stage line, a legendary and an eeveeloution which are always pure typed. (And a form, but then rotom didn't become electric/ice type till gen V and that's a more permanent form then castform)

Really I wouldn't be too worried, seems mostly coincidence that we got a big load of pure types in gen 5 (likely to boost the numbers) and then a very small gen. Plus both ice typed alolan forms ended up dual typed.

Yeah, but I would really like completely new Ice-types. I like those Alolan forms, but they seem like a maneuver to not introduce many new Ice-type Pokémon.

goodpeople25

Pretty hard to introduce less new ice types tbh (and they hardly need an excuse to indroduce the current amount of ice types we get per gen, heck sinnoh had about half a dozen snow areas and only 2 ice lines in it's original regional dex, 1 and a half were new. Though it of course had other new ice types) And if distribution is anything close to kalos there is plenty of room for the normal amount of ice types even if the snow mountain only counts as one area. seems more like they replaced the old pokemon they would of used with new forms of old pokemon.

Last edited:

CptScorpion

Scrafty Artist
Here are my hopes, I hope the 7th generation would introduce a total of 130 new Pokemon, bringing up the overall total to 851 Pokemon. I may also hope for at least a cross-generational evolution.

Another thing, Ghost/Fighting, Poison/Electric, Fairy/Fighting, Ice/Ghost, Fire/Ice, Ice/Fire, Electric/Fighting, Dark/Electric, and Dark/Normal would be some interesting type combos.

Creyk

Yeah, but I would really like completely new Ice-types. I like those Alolan forms, but they seem like a maneuver to not introduce many new Ice-type Pokémon.

I think they make few ice types because in real life ice is a rarely found element.
Like how usually there are few ghost types every generation because those are not exactly common place in the real world either.

NeptuneCloyster

Squadallah
more castoff evolutions like Shedinja would be cool.
Also more forked evolutions.
just more dynamic families in general, I cant remember any family from Kalos that wan't just either 1, 1>2 or 1>2>3

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
I just want Ice types to resist Ground types. Then they'll be much better Ground type counters as they wouldn't get overly damaged by Earthquake spammers. They could also resist Water but then it'll be resisting two very common types and less "frail" defensively. If anything remove waters resistance to Ice making them natural to one another, make Ghost resistant to ice instead (why would ghosts feel cold? They are cold). Much better.

I also think fighting types should be super effective against other fighting types, it just seems right to be. I mean what knocks out a fighter? Another fighter! But that may be overkill.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.