• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabre_King

I'd really like 1) more boxes and 2) more box searching and sorting options. Like for example, I wish I could type in a search box "Pikachu", and then any Pikachus I have in boxes will come up in the search results. Or maybe "Leech Seed", and any Pokemon that has the ability Leech Seed in your boxes will come up in the search results.

I can't be the only one who wants something like that.

My guess is we may be limited on the number of boxes until Pokebank is worked into S/M, I may be wrong but I think back in X/Y and ORAS the boxes in the pc actually grew once the game was connected to Pokebank which sounds reasonable since most of your pokemon would be in their to be transferred. But I am sure at least 5 more boxes will be added for the game. I like the search function you have brought up that would be very handy since the dex is gonna be around 800 pokemon now. Btw leech seed is a move but still being able to search an ability or possibly a move would be very thorough but may take time to implement.

Griever789

Well customization is in, I don't think it will happen but it be nice if you could get the clothing of gym leaders and other important charecters.

My hopes? They're weird.

I want the Ultra beasts to actually be humans, likely the main ones, and they're like shape-shifters or something.

I said it'd be weird. The idea just appeals to me.

Something else that I would want but I doubt we would get would be the return of those exclusive moves from Dream World . Since Nintendo went the extra mile to intergrate the original Gen 1 games with Sun and Moon, that opens up new move combinations that didn't exist before. And with the proper systems, you can get other exclusive moves from Gen 3 and 4. But the majority of the exclusive moves from Gen 5 were Dream World exclusive. And with Dream World inaccessible, those moves are just gone forever unless another option to get those moves presented itself.

Creyk

My hopes? They're weird.

I want the Ultra beasts to actually be humans, likely the main ones, and they're like shape-shifters or something.

Some people theorized that the beasts are failed human-pokemon fusion experiments so you might get your wish

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I want a Scald nerf. That's literally it, if Scald gets nerfed I'm willing to forget any other grievance I may have with Gen 7.

Well actually, I wouldn't mind Synchronoise actually becoming useful as well. I mentioned it before a long time ago but Synchronoise should hit Pokemon that match the user's type for super-effective damage (ignoring other type matchup modifiers) and hit all other Pokemon as a regular Psychic move. Its base power can be lowered to 80 or 90 to compensate.

Luthor

One thing I would wish for would be Magikarp getting a water type move. Not necessarily a great water type move (it could be something weak like bubble or water gun) but just something water typed, because I have always loved battling with Magikarp for fun and I love to be able to have it use Hydro Vortex.

Some people theorized that the beasts are failed human-pokemon fusion experiments so you might get your wish

I personally theorise it like this:
Each of those main characters who we are speculating are the ultra beasts use their DNA in some kind of elixir-of-life thing (cause Alchemy) and try it on others, it works but those people they tested it on are too weak and become permanently stuck in the UB form. The characters realise they have to be strong, and so they get stronger, then use the elixir on themselves. They become immortal, but also end up taking on this alternate form, similar to Homunculi in Fullmetal alchemist. The weakest person, though, is Gladion - him trying to contain the power gives him a thing with his arm similar to Parkinson's. It could explain why Guzma says to Kukui "two outcasts" - it might relate to this UB-elixir-of-life thing, and they happened to be two friends who did it. Also, it could explain why Lillie is so shy, and why Kukui is so seemingly strong.

So it might be less Pokemon-human fusions, but more a typical Alchemy thing of trying to find immortality.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I want a Scald nerf. That's literally it, if Scald gets nerfed I'm willing to forget any other grievance I may have with Gen 7.

Well actually, I wouldn't mind Synchronoise actually becoming useful as well. I mentioned it before a long time ago but Synchronoise should hit Pokemon that match the user's type for super-effective damage (ignoring other type matchup modifiers) and hit all other Pokemon as a regular Psychic move. Its base power can be lowered to 80 or 90 to compensate.

Make it canonically sound-based as well.

Legendary Dreams

I hope they do a Team Magma / Team Aqua Dynamic for Team Skull / Aether Foundation (basically in 1 game Team Skull is the bad team and in the other the Aether Foundation is). As silly as Magma's/Aqua's plans were, the two-team dynamic in opposing games were a refreshing take on the series and I think Team Skull and the Aether Foundation could do it even better. It would also quell the "Aether Foundation is evil" theories both ways at the same time.

Team Skull being the bad guys may seem straightforward, so I do hope there's a twist that Gladion is the actual mastermind behind Team Skull's "actual evil plot" rather than Guzma (I mean so far Team Skull doesn't seem so evil, they seem like neighborhood bullies at the most for now).

My hopes are simply based on the assumption that UB-02 Absorption and UB-02 Beauty are based on Gladion/Lusamine and they will be first (or second after a neutral UB-01) Ultra Beast to appear in the game and that they already said there will be more Ultra Beasts that apparently version-exclusive (so Team Skull / Aether Foundation associations).

It would be also pretty much the first time the main villains weren't so obvious (okay we're technically genre-savvy to predict Lusamine), but seriously Ghetsis/Lysandre literally made no efforts to conceal that fact visually despite trying to hide/not reveal their identities in the game. At least Gladion and Lusamine don't scream "Final Villain" vibes off the bat.

Cutty

Forever now
I don't think it will ever happen, at least not in the new gen, I want an item that can change your pokemon nature too.
I mean now that we have an ability capsule and the new way to enhance iv's.

Griever789

Hell maybe having special costumes distributed from events. Like if a new movie comes out make a small update and give us outfits of the character in the movie or based on whatever legendary it revolving around.

Luthor

Hell maybe having special costumes distributed from events. Like if a new movie comes out make a small update and give us outfits of the character in the movie or based on whatever legendary it revolving around.

that would be a cool idea. Probably difficult to implement but if it could be done it could be cool. I'd also like to dress in villains clothing again.

I'd very much like a haunted snowman pokemon line. Ice/Ghost typing with a cute but eerie first stage and an 'evil frosty' second stage. It'd be so cool. Like that artleaka art of the little headless snowman guy.

Agree with everything about Synchronoise. Right now its just a waste of a move and right up there with stuff like Razor Wind or Submission. But speaking about moves...

A physical variant for hidden power, and a special equivalent for Facade.

Prankman

I don't think it will ever happen, at least not in the new gen, I want an item that can change your pokemon nature too.
I mean now that we have an ability capsule and the new way to enhance iv's.
I can't help but feel this has to be in the game somehow. I mean, the big to-do with IVs is because of the compatibility with RBY, right? Natures didn't even exist until Gen 3, so if they're gonna give us IV training as a result of the RBY trade compatibility, it makes no sense to omit Natures from this as well. It's also the last thing that cannot be manipulated by the player somehow on an already-caught Pokemon. There are a handful of useful Egg Moves and HAs, sure, but by and large, most Pokemon can become viable as long as they've got a good Nature and good IVs. TMs and Move Tutors can take care of the rest except for specific builds, and if we get a replacement for the DexNav even that won't be an issue.

Speaking of moves, I want Heart Scales to allow us access to pre-evolution moves. It's infuriating that we can't really experiment with some movesets once a Pokemon is evolved because its evolved form can't learn a given move. Let it be able to learn every pre-evo move by Heart Scale, and maybe even Egg Moves so long as it knew them previously.

I'd also kill to see 6v6 Singles in the Battle Spot. Seriously, 6v6 is the heart and soul of Pokemon and we can't play it online unless we challenge individual people.

YOOMTAH

Let's dance~
One thing I would wish for would be Magikarp getting a water type move. Not necessarily a great water type move (it could be something weak like bubble or water gun) but just something water typed, because I have always loved battling with Magikarp for fun and I love to be able to have it use Hydro Vortex.

Better yet, make Splash water type and let Magikarp use a no-effect Hydro Vortex based off of Splash. That'd be super funny. Imagine an NPC battling you with his Magikarp as he starts his Hydro Vortex animation, and after you shat your pants you find out that it's just a hyper-Splash.

Graficcha

Team Magma Scientist
My hopes? They're weird.

I kind of want this to be the case too. It'd definitely make for juicy fanfic fuel.

I kind of want this to be the case too. It'd definitely make for juicy fanfic fuel.

Plus, it gives us maybe a vague idea of who Lillie is talking about in the demo when she says "I wish I could share it with you."

Maybe some kind of Ultra Beast person who got stuck in the UB form by accident? We never know.

Status
Not open for further replies.