• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
I think it is likely they won't let us use any previous earned bp through pokebank. Hopefuly I'm wrong tho.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
Probably. I could seeing less effective bottlecaps being found elsewhere (maybe you can use Stoutland to comb beaches for old rusty caps, for instance), but Silver and Gold Bottlecaps will be likely found almost exclusively via Event and in exchange for BP. Between that possibility and Mega Stones being purchasable with BP, I'm glad I've been letting it build in my Bank for a while.

I've never used Bank before, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you had to use up your BP before the Sun/Moon update? Because it wiped it clean?

Am I off on this?

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I've never used Bank before, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought you had to use up your BP before the Sun/Moon update? Because it wiped it clean?

Am I off on this?

I think you're thinking of pokemiles? Any pokemiles you had stored on pokemon global link for gen 6 games expired monday. But I don't think pokemon bank battle points that you haven't transferred to a game should expire, since they're not explicitly connected to any gen 6 game. idk.

i really hope they won't expire on us, since I've been saving them especially for sun and moon.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I think it is likely they won't let us use any previous earned bp through pokebank. Hopefuly I'm wrong tho.

Am I off on this?

That was never said, at least not via the official site. It could be the case, but it doesn't seem to be at the moment.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
i hope we can get the daycare center in the first island, or maybe even one daycare center per island.

Seven of Arcanine

RK9 Unit Trainer
That was never said, at least not via the official site. It could be the case, but it doesn't seem to be at the moment.

I thought it was something said on Serebii's news updates, but I don't know. Like I said, I don't use the Bank, so I admit I didn't pay much attention to it. If I'm wrong, sorry.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Probably. I could seeing less effective bottlecaps being found elsewhere (maybe you can use Stoutland to comb beaches for old rusty caps, for instance), but Silver and Gold Bottlecaps will be likely found almost exclusively via Event and in exchange for BP. Between that possibility and Mega Stones being purchasable with BP, I'm glad I've been letting it build in my Bank for a while.

I personally think that Silver Bottle Caps will only be available with BP while Bronze ones will be available with BP at a much lower cost as well as being found randomly when playing the game. I suspect Gold Bottle Caps will only be available through Event distributions or given to you once throughout the entire game. If they can also be bought with BP I suspect a really high BP cost. Something like 300-500. If we get stat lowering Caps I think they'd be available the same way as Bronze ones.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I personally think that Silver Bottle Caps will only be available with BP while Bronze ones will be available with BP at a much lower cost as well as being found randomly when playing the game. I suspect Gold Bottle Caps will only be available through Event distributions or given to you once throughout the entire game. If they can also be bought with BP I suspect a really high BP cost. Something like 300-500. If we get stat lowering Caps I think they'd be available the same way as Bronze ones.

Hmmmm I think that sounds fair, and plausible. I really do hope we get IV lowering caps. I have a Volcanion with 31 in Sp. Atk, and I want to drop it to 30 for HP Grass. I think Rusty Bottlecaps would be a good name for something with that effect.

WorldsBestGoomy

Master of Goomies
New Megas. Period.

Prankman

New Megas. Period.

I'd actually like new evolutions for older Pokemon myself, like they did in Gen 4. I love a lot of the Megas, but some of them feel like they could've been just normal evolutions. Like, Beedrill makes sense, as do final form evos that need a boost, but Glaile? Lopbunny? Sableye? Some of these Mons could've just as easily been regular evolutions. I get that some of them are super strong and need the item limitation to not be broken, but still.

Bus

Well, since we know some of the pokemon coming in already, the hopes I have are more general now. I know not everyone peaked at the datamine thread, so I'll keep my hopes spoiler-free.

Hopes & Wishlist
*Good Hidden abilities for the Alola Pokemon & New Pokemon that we do know
*Interesting typings for some of those new pokemon that were leaked but aren't known to public yet
*Hail weather effect to have innate effect on Ice types (like how Sandstorm boosts Rock type Special Def.)
*New physical attacks for Electric & Fire (I feel like they have very few physical choices)
*New interesting abilities (so far we've seen some really cool ones; Im curious what else we havent seen yet)
*A good, long story (from what we've glimpsed in Corocoro thus far, I feel pretty good about it)
*A long post story (something akin to ORAS' since X/Y's was virtually non-existent)

Prankman

What your asking for would make breeding and eving to simple. You're supposed to work for your super strong Pokemon

Yeah, I don't mind some of the breeding quirks. It's mostly junk like Natures being permanently set and Heart Scales not giving you full access to a Pokemon's natural move list that bothers me. If you bothered to breed an Egg Move onto a Pokemon, you already know what you want and have no reason to delete it, but for stuff like getting Spore on Breloom? Because Breloom magically can't learn Spore once it evolves? That's silly. The fact that you can permanently miss a chance to teach a Pokemon a move it naturally learns because it evolved is just lame to me. Sure, with something like Roserade, I can deal with it because it evolves by Stone, but Breloom? Something that evolves naturally? That's pretty dumb.

Natures I mostly want to be able to change just because of soft resetting for Legendaries. There is no "work" involved in getting a perfect Legendary, just a bunch of tedious nonsense that has nothing to do with actually playing a game. It's a totally unnecessary brick wall between you and obtaining a plot-required Pokemon. Rayquaza was particularly bad about this in ORAS, who thought it was a good idea to make it both mandatory to capture and be sandwiched between two unskippable cutscenes, along with Deoxys being there more or less forcing you to just KO Deoxys to come back for it later if you want both of them to be viable. And event Legendaries are supposed to be gifts, I shouldn't have to be doing additional work to get a "good" one if I already drove to a Gamestop or whatever to go get it.

Let's consider how much of a pain Rayquaza was in particular for a moment. Groudon could be obtained later with a good Synchronizer, Latios/Latias was plot required and forced you to drag along a Synchronizer to a plot required fight with Team Aqua/Magma. It was a huge pain in the rear to put the plot on hold just to SR for Rayquaza and Latios/Latias. Now, let us consider that in SuMo, there are four Tapu Guardians, which we know for sure are obtainable, and the eight known Ultra Beasts all have shiny sprites, suggesting that they are also obtainable somehow. Then we have the cover Legendaries and Zygarde. Given what we know, Zygarde will be pretty plot-relevant as well. So, in total, we've got eight Ultra Beasts, four Guardians and Solgaleo/Lunala and Zygarde, all un-breedable and all presumably plot-required to capture. That's fourteen plot-necessary Legendary/Mythical Pokemon. If there isn't some way to manipulate Natures in this game, soft resetting for each and every one of these things is going to be more than a chore, it will actively be detrimental to the game experience. Remember Rayquaza? It will be an entire game of that, for every single boss fight. This, combined with the RBY connections, has me convinced that there must be some feature they haven't announced yet, or have made all Legendaries spawn with set Natures, because I can't believe they'd go through the trouble of removing HMs and streamlining IV breeding just to cram over a dozen Pokemon into the story that require us to waste ours soft resetting our games and/or dragging whatever equivalent to Ralts/Abra exists in Alola along to every single story encounter.

tl;dr fix the Nature system so we at least don't have to soft reset for Legendaries/Mythicals, because soft resetting is stupid.

Khaelis

★ Pokémon Breeder ★
I only have four things on my wishlist for Pokemon Sun and Moon:

1) Johto Balls returning (Moon, Level, etc).

2) ORAS Move Tutors, but more expanding. It would be a shame to lose them.

3) Alolan Pokemon League being in the games and having Gyms. Also hoping its Sun/Moon's Post-game 'story' like ORAS' Delta Episode.

4) Cheren, N or Iris (or all three) are present and recruitable in the Battle Tree.

R_N

3) Alolan Pokemon League being in the games and having Gyms. Also hoping its Sun/Moon's Post-game 'story' like ORAS' Delta Episode.

4) Cheren, N or Iris (or all three) are present and recruitable in the Battle Tree.

Totally agree on 2. ORAS only added a few tutors to make up for the lost TMs, so come on guys...stop saving those for the follow up game(s). AT LEAST LET US HAVE THE PUNCHES FROM THE START

for 4, i would be highly surprised if they don't bring back N. He's had time to travel and bond with pokemon and BW2 shows he's not objecting to fighting with his friends.
also he';s like super popular

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
I hope Wonder Trade will come back, because so far there has been no confirmation that I know of if Wonder Trade is returning. It was a good in way in getting Pokemon for my Pokedex. I got somewhat close on Y using WT till I wasn't getting anything I didn't have yet anymore.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!

I agree with a lot of these. Johto Balls returning would be huge for me. There are so many Pokemon I want in them that can't legally be in them so I'd love to have them back so I can get some of those Pokemon. Or some way to change the PokeBall our Pokemon is in. That'd allow us to have any Pokemon in any ball regardless of whether we can catch them in them or not.

Yes a thousand times for the move tutors. I use a lot of the moves so having to transfer Pokemon with them will be a pain especially if I can't use them online. Not to mention I'd love some new Pokemon with them.

I'm on the fence about having Gyms back. I like the idea of having something different this time around. For an Episode Delta like post-game, as long as we don't have a forced capture like we did with Rayquaza I'd love it. I can see the post-game being centred around Zygarde which I'd be okay with provided it was a good story and, again, not a forced capture.

There are so many characters I want to see returning in the Battle Tree it'd take ages to list them all. I don't see every character coming back but Champions, rivals and other story characters should definitely return.

R_N

I hope Wonder Trade will come back, because so far there has been no confirmation that I know of if Wonder Trade is returning. It was a good in way in getting Pokemon for my Pokedex. I got somewhat close on Y using WT till I wasn't getting anything I didn't have yet anymore.

We have seen wonder trade in trailers, they just didn't go out of their way to talk about it

LunalaLover

We have seen wonder trade in trailers, they just didn't go out of their way to talk about it

So wondertrade is back? YES!!!!

I am really hoping the post-game will be based around the 3rd pokemon of the trio that is Lunala/Solgaleo/??? if there is one

Status
Not open for further replies.