• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
So that's what makes me think that either they don't see types like Ice- and Psychic as a problem (Why? Who knows?), or they think that it's too late now to admit their mistake.

Psychic was a problem in Gen I, hence why it got a nerf in Gen II. I don't know if they'd be willing to un-nerf it.

Ice puzzles me, it's a really good type offensively but not great defensively... leading to a bunch of non-Ice types packing Ice Beam and the like.

Psychic was a problem in Gen I, hence why it got a nerf in Gen II. I don't know if they'd be willing to un-nerf it.

Ice puzzles me, it's a really good type offensively but not great defensively... leading to a bunch of non-Ice types packing Ice Beam and the like.

One of Ice's problems is that GF isn't making Pokemon that fit the types strengths. Weavile and W-Kyurem are pretty good, but almost every other Ice Pokemon is too slow or too defensive, without an appropriate second type.

I hope for a full fledged side quest feature, though it'd mostly be 'Show me this Pokemon. Trade me this Pokemon. Get me this Pokemon. Get me this item.' And so on and so forth, but it'd be fun.

Also an achievement system with more realistic goals, like the medals in BW2 but with less wifi dependant medals.

Nuzlocker4Life

Well, let's hope Gen 7 gives us a Steel/Ice type with Heatproof and/or Levitate for abilities. xD
But yeah, at this point, it'd be easier to balance the new Fairy type than it would be to make significant changes to the older types.

I'd love to continue to see more unique moves, like Freeze-Dry and Flying Press become implemented instead to balance out the type chart, while also giving relevance to Pokemon capable of learning those moves. New moves like these could be given to all sorts of previous generation Pokemon, which would then stir up the meta-game a bit more.

Creyk

I think it would be cool if it was made possible to make your pokemon stay in it's mega evolved form forever. Like take it to a surgeon and operate the mega stone into it's brain or something. (it's currently only possible with hacks)

I think it would be cool if it was made possible to make your pokemon stay in it's mega evolved form forever. Like take it to a surgeon and operate the mega stone into it's brain or something. (it's currently only possible with hacks)

Not going to happen, the very concept of Mega Evolution is to provide short bursts of absolute power, this would just crap on that premise, as well as being ethically dubious at best.

But speaking of Megas, being able to interact with in-battle forms would be nice. Like Cherrim's Sunshine form, Meloetta's Pirouette Forme, Megas and Primals..,

KittyKax

I want to see more evolutions! I agree with a lot of you guys that mega evolutions are being way too overhyped and used. For 3rd tier pokemon like Gardevior or Salamence, fine. But why could Mega-Mawile or Mega-Audino or Mega-Heracross just be evolutions? I hate having to waste an item spot just to get them and call me old-fashioned but there's something so nice about raising a pokemon to a certain level and watching them evolve to the next level. Like a proud parent XD

I want to see more evolutions! I agree with a lot of you guys that mega evolutions are being way too overhyped and used. For 3rd tier pokemon like Gardevior or Salamence, fine. But why could Mega-Mawile or Mega-Audino or Mega-Heracross just be evolutions? I hate having to waste an item spot just to get them and call me old-fashioned but there's something so nice about raising a pokemon to a certain level and watching them evolve to the next level. Like a proud parent XD

Because some species just aren't designed to evolve traditionally, I personally the idea that some Pokemon are just born that way, or only evolve once. But Megas allow them relevance.

Basically, Megas are only given to Pokemon GF deems fully evolved.

I agree that with changes regarding Fairy, they are able to do what they like - it's a new type and so nobody really understood the repercussions the new type would make, so could be subject to tweaks here and there. If GF thought this was a problem, then why would they wait until now to do something about it? Everyone knows the Ice-type has been problematic for several generations now. What's different now against all the other times?

The Dragon-type became a progressive problem through the creation of very powerful Pokemon with exceptional versatility, knowing moves that could easily deal with Steel-types too. This wasn't a problem in earlier generations, but when it did become, GF decided to resolve it with the introduction of the Fairy-type to bring Dragon into check (whilst also serving as a selling point too; two birds with one stone!). And then Steel-type in turn had to be checked in terms of losing resistances, as otherwise they'd become too strong too.

So that's what makes me think that either they don't see types like Ice- and Psychic as a problem (Why? Who knows?), or they think that it's too late now to admit their mistake.
There really is not that much of a difference this time compared to previous times. And to be honest I doubt they will change Ice or anything that's not a Fairy match-up. It's more of a wish of mine than anything else, hence me mentioning it in this thread. Although Ice did become less viable in gen VI due to Fairy also now being strong against Dragon.
But yeah, there is definitely a possibility that GF just wants some types to be better than other types. Although I have no idea why say Ice would be one of the weaker (unlike stuff like Bug which was previously a very weak type which made thematic sense in my opinion.)

Last edited:

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
I hope for a full fledged side quest feature, though it'd mostly be 'Show me this Pokemon. Trade me this Pokemon. Get me this Pokemon. Get me this item.' And so on and so forth, but it'd be fun.

It could be a little more varied than that, depending on how large the region is. Maybe they'd send you to far-off caves and such that you couldn't get into otherwise.

Everstoned

Koffing and Weezing
As has been said a million times, I hope these games let us return to Kalos for two reasons. The first being that obviously the Zygarde plot hasn't been finished and that definitely needs to happen (GF has never left a plot hole that big in any pokemon games, I hope it's not a trend they plan on starting now). The other reason I want this is because, being the 20th anniversary games, I want all pokemon to be catchable between Sun and Moon; well, besides MAYBE some legends, just because I don't want them randomly thrown in like ORAS did. But unless they're planning some serious biodiversity in the new region, it's gonna be impossible to squeeze 700-800 mons into one region. The Kalos dexes combined already add up to ~450, so that would make it really easy to fit in the remaining ~250 mons plus whatever new ones we get into the new region overpopulating it and taking the shine away from the new pokemon like gen VI did.

Other than that, I just hope the story is stronger than gen VI and that the graphics are amazing, but those are (hopefully) givens. A hard mode would be great, but I'm not expecting it, honestly. A little type balancing wouldn't be bad either, but not too much as I think the type chart is pretty well balanced as it is. Maybe make fairy weak to psychic? It would make sense thematically (logic beating magic), and would make psychic better while also nerfing fairies defensively. Or maybe making psychic resist fairy would be better. Some buffs to Ice and Poison types would be welcome too, idk how likely that is to happen though.

The last thing I want is a varied landscape. I want everything: deserts, deep forests, rich dungeons, snowy mountainsides, elegant water routes and underwater caverns to explore. I hope this region is really an "all coming together" type of game and incorporates everything from the past regions in terms of geography and climate. What if the seasons returned, or the underground from gen 4? That might be too much to ask but it would certainly make my day.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I still kind of want something like a Battle Frontier, or even just more "quirky" battle formats for Wifi battles.

I dunno if we'd get a Battle Frontier per say, but perhaps we'll get a facility similar to the PWT hee hee. I at least want to see Inverse Battles again in Sun and Moon. ^^

Morty05

Ghost-type trainer

...the hell?
the whole point of mega is a short-term boost for its power!
Also your idea is just horrible! Pokemon surgery? What is this human centipede?

Gillachu

Banned

I don't want Pokemon to have surgical procedures done in S&M. I don't want a Caitlyn Jenner Pokemon.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
i think the nerf to steel resisting ghost and dark was just because of metagross. all of the top teams were running metagross at the older VGC and it was an issue. I kind of wish he was that powerful again so I could use my ribbongross at VGC but he has a mega now. I just don't see anyone using his mega on the simulators and I think it's because mega mawile is better at countering xerneas. also aegislash is probably better too.

I'm a little unerwhelmed at what this years VGC looks like so far. With Ubers being allowed all of the teams are running half the same comp it seems like and mega kangaskan is everywhere. It would be nice if there were more balance for the Sun and Moon VGC '17. I hope they go back to banning ubers. just not fun seeing the same comp over and over. I hope exploud and noivern are part of the regional dex so i can use them at the '17 VGC.

I don't want a Caitlyn Jenner Pokemon.

That's a bit rude, unless you're referring to the fact she's completely undeserving of her praise because she's a total hypocrite.

Odd request, but I hope hippopotas and hippowdon get different box sprites for male and females, considering their gender difference is fairly drastic.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I don't want Pokemon to have surgical procedures done in S&M.

I don't care where the idea of surgical procedures on Pokemon came from, but I'm sure that GameFreak would rather introduce new Pokemon or more mega evolutions as a means of modification rather that modify the existing species.

I don't want a Caitlyn Jenner Pokemon.
Okay, but why is Caitlyn Jenner your prime example for Pokemon undergoing surgical procedures? There are so many celebrities and others that could be picked on for plastic surgery (Jocelyn Wildenstein, and maybe Janet Jackson).

And my wish is for another awesome soundtrack from the main games.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi

Pilpulp

美的
Hopes:
- side quests
- solid post-game (especially if they are doing away with the 3rd versions)
- X&Y-esque regional pokedex
- PWT
- Battle Frontier
- Sinnoh starter megas

Status
Not open for further replies.