• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveMcQueen5683

Most of the wants I have, have been listed already... but I really would like to see better functionality added to the pokedex. Essentially, I'd like to see it record more information about the pokemon you raise, not just keep track of pokemon caught. For example, if you raised a Litten or whatever, I think the pokedex should keep track of what levels it learned moves, what level it evolved, and if it was hatched from an egg? Keep track of the egg moves that species can inherit. Also, they need to make the egg groups visible in some way.

Another thing I'd like to see is, in addition to a Battle Frontier being included, how about add the ability to use the facilities online? PWT? Battling other players instead of NPCS online. They could do a battle pyramid with an online variant of only 5 floors and difficulty settinGs, while keeping offline closer to the original. An online battle factory would be amazing too, with pick 6 from 40 mons or so and then face randoms.

I think there should be serious Pokemon Coordinator and Pokemon Breeder aspects to this game. Contests should be more like the anime with an appeal stage where you use combo moves to make various beautiful scenes and effects. And a battle stage where its more about being elegant ans what not than knocking the opponent out. Idk how that would work but the contests in hoeen aren't fun so if they return, they need a major revamp.

And a lot about breeding has been teach yourself or look online. There should be a Pokemon Breeder facility or ranch where you can learn about egg moves, ivs, and egg groups and even keep track of them.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Honestly, I hope we don't get a demo just because of what happened with ORAS.

... Especially since this is a new generation.

If we do get a demo, it'll probably be at some event like always.

I have mixed feelings since I don't want info to leak en masse again like with the Or/As widespread demo release, but at the same time the idea of playing some of Sun and Moon a month or so ahead of the release would be so tempting. ^^;

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
DexNav returning would be wonderful.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member

I agree, although pretty sure this region will have a different gadget.
The DexNav feature might return, although implemented differently.

The VS Seeker, PokeGear's Trainer Phone, Trainer's Eye/Match Call are all rematch methods but are implemented differently.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
I know it's unlikely, but [...] increasing the number of moves each Pokemon can learn from 4 to 6.

Smogon has this in other Metagames already, and what they've found is that bulky tanks operate best in that meta. Things like Machamp, MegAggron, Dialga, things like that. They really should release (an extremely) limited ability that grants six moves instead of four. Call it Diversified, and reduce damage output by 20%. That would still allow use of an item, massive type coverage, as well as things that cannot normally be squeezed into FMSS like RestTalk. No real ability and damage penalties would kind of balance it out. This would also increase Roar and Whirlwind usage threefold; you DO NOT want to fight CM or BU builds with five other moves...!!!!

I hope there's a creepy storyline, like Sea Mauville but more in-depth.

Yeah, Sea Mauville was more subtly creepy. Don't get me wrong, it was amazing, but something that goes even deeper is a total must have for the next game!

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I agree, although pretty sure this region will have a different gadget.
The DexNav feature might return, although implemented differently.

The VS Seeker, PokeGear's Trainer Phone, Trainer's Eye/Match Call are all rematch methods but are implemented differently.

Though they always introduce a new gadget, I'm hoping the DexNav feature continues to exist inside that gadget. It could be reworked slightly but ideally would stay convenient. For example, BW2 had a similar feature in the pokedex, but I was never aware it existed and never used it. The DexNav made it feel like I was actually looking for pokemon to 'catch'em all' and was especially fun for searching for egg moves, IVs, shinies, and hold items at any point in the game, which was exciting~

Plus, it's helpful to know when I've caught all the pokemon in an area, as it lets me know when I can move on. Especially since Alola is a new region with new pokemon, it'd be nice to know I'm not missing anything on my journey.

Although you did remind me how much I loved the VS Seeker and wish that would return as well...

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Though they always introduce a new gadget, I'm hoping the DexNav feature continues to exist inside that gadget. It could be reworked slightly but ideally would stay convenient. For example, BW2 had a similar feature in the pokedex, but I was never aware it existed and never used it. The DexNav made it feel like I was actually looking for pokemon to 'catch'em all' and was especially fun for searching for egg moves, IVs, shinies, and hold items at any point in the game, which was exciting~

Plus, it's helpful to know when I've caught all the pokemon in an area, as it lets me know when I can move on. Especially since Alola is a new region with new pokemon, it'd be nice to know I'm not missing anything on my journey.

Although you did remind me how much I loved the VS Seeker and wish that would return as well...

It's almost a certainty that the DexNav itself will not reappear, as it is a part of the PokeNav, which is a Hoenn Region exclusive. That does not rule out the possibility of them remaking the DexNav in some other form of technology with a different name.

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned

That seemed like a Hoenn exclusive thing to me personally, so I don't expect it in Sun and Moon unless it gets built into whatever Alola's version of the PokeNav device is. I think we're better off just getting new features instead however. :]

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer

I agree entirely. I really liked the functionality of the DexNav and I would like to see something very similar in Sun and Moon.

I'd also like to see a return of the Super Training and Pokemon Amie functions, maybe with some improvements. A few more mini games, more stuff to decorate with, that kind of thing.

Features like those give you just one more thing you can do in the game and I like that.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
That seemed like a Hoenn exclusive thing to me personally, so I don't expect it in Sun and Moon unless it gets built into whatever Alola's version of the PokeNav device is. I think we're better off just getting new features instead however. :]

I can see how the sneaking and specific mechanics of the DexNav are most likely Hoenn-exclusive. However, I do hope whatever they implement in Alola has similar capabilities - namely, the ability to see which pokemon in an area we have or haven't captured, and possibly a way to search for them. I know this is only my opinion, but I think it was one of the best features we've ever had that served a purpose, and almost feel as if future games might feel "incomplete" without at least some form of similar feature (but again, it doesn't have to reappear exactly as it was in ORAS).

Any ideas on what sort of feature might replace the DexNav, or what new gadget features people are looking to see in Alola?

KKS-Lapras

Smogon has this in other Metagames already, and what they've found is that bulky tanks operate best in that meta. Things like Machamp, MegAggron, Dialga, things like that. They really should release (an extremely) limited ability that grants six moves instead of four. Call it Diversified, and reduce damage output by 20%. That would still allow use of an item, massive type coverage, as well as things that cannot normally be squeezed into FMSS like RestTalk. No real ability and damage penalties would kind of balance it out. This would also increase Roar and Whirlwind usage threefold; you DO NOT want to fight CM or BU builds with five other moves...!!!!

No, I just want the number of moves increased from 4 to 6. There is no reason to adapt other aspects of the game and/or the competitive realm just because every Pokemon could learn 6 moves instead of 4. If every Pokemon can learn 6, then it levels the playing field. Most of what you were focusing on was concerned with the competitive realm, which could easily adapt to Pokemon being able to learn 2 additional moves.

I also would like it if they created a second base stat set for each Pokemon. Therefore each Pokemon could have two different base stat sets, and therefore also possibly two different potential battle style focuses.

Last edited:

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
No, I just want the number of moves increased from 4 to 6. There is no reason to adapt other aspects of the game and/or the competitive realm just because every Pokemon could learn 6 moves instead of 4. If every Pokemon can learn 6, then it levels the playing field.

I see where you're coming from with this thinking, but I don't know that it would level the playing field for every pokemon to learn 6 moves. Some pokemon have significantly better movepools than others; while this is already somewhat of a problem with a 4-slot move pool, most pokemon can get away with fitting four moves in a pool and still be able to compete with others. However, with a 6-slot movepool, it would be much easier for those with a wide movepool to compete, and much harder for those with still only four viable moves.

An example of this might be Typhlosion versus Khangaskan with 6 moves each. Typhlosion is already limited to a few select decent moves, such as Eruption, Fire Blast, Focus Blast, Heat Wave, Extrasensory, and Solarbeam. Those are literally the only 6 moves it's ever run with as they're the only ones it can make good use of. Despite having 6 moves total, it didn't really get any extra coverage that it didn't already have. But Khangaskan can run Power-Up Punch, Earthquake, Return, Sucker Punch, Wish, Fake-Out, Low Kick, Crunch, and more, which provides it with an insane option by choosing any 6 of those moves.

All of that said, as far as the story mode is concerned, I don't know if having 4 moves or 6 would make a huge different. Something that would be welcome, however, is having additional slots for HM moves to be used outside of battle, but not count as in-battle moves.

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
No, I just want the number of moves increased from 4 to 6. There is no reason to adapt other aspects of the game and/or the competitive realm just because every Pokemon could learn 6 moves instead of 4. If every Pokemon can learn 6, then it levels the playing field. Most of what you were focusing on was concerned with the competitive realm, which could easily adapt to Pokemon being able to learn 2 additional moves.

I also would like it if they created a second base stat set for each Pokemon. Therefore each Pokemon could have two different base stat sets, and therefore also possibly two different potential battle style focuses.

A second base stat set is basically how EVs work. Many competitive sets will have different EV spreads which make two different battle styles. You can have a Salamance with a high Special Attack and Speed or one with a mix of high Attack and Special.

Also, natures affect base stats. A Jolly Salamance will be used differently from an Adament Salamance.

KKS-Lapras

A second base stat set is basically how EVs work. Many competitive sets will have different EV spreads which make two different battle styles. You can have a Salamance with a high Special Attack and Speed or one with a mix of high Attack and Special.

Also, natures affect base stats. A Jolly Salamance will be used differently from an Adament Salamance.

No, I mean a totally different set of stats, a second different general base stat set for each Pokemon, except for maybe some of the legendaries.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
No, I mean a totally different set of stats, a second different general base stat set for each Pokemon, except for maybe some of the legendaries.

Would these two different sets of stats be offensive and defensive, or mixed in all different ways?

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!

I'm not sure in what cases that would even make sense? You can have a Pikachu that's relatively faster than other Pikachus, but only by a certain amount. But there is a point at which it can become unrealistic. Not every cheetah can sprint at the same speed, but there is an upper limit.

KKS-Lapras

Would these two different sets of stats be offensive and defensive, or mixed in all different ways?

Take for example Flareon, it's normally considered a physical attacker, based on it's stats. Assume that a second stat spread existed that more naturally alluded to it being something different.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic

I don't really understand how this is supposed to make sense. How is a Pokemon like Weavile with clearly high speed and attack or Cloyster with naturally high Defense supposed to have a different stat spread without being a different Pokemon. It doesn't make any sense. Not to mention the fact if they all had multiple stat spreads, each Pokemon would just blend into the next. It's their stats that make them unique.

Additionally, I think having 6 moves would have quite the opposite effect in making the game less diverse, not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.