• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun & Moon - Hopes and Wish lists

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheld999

something better to battle better than the battle mason like have something like in black white 2 with the tower/tree but more hawaian themed ? a battle chateua area but call it battle hutt

LoveMcQueen5683

something better to battle better than the battle mason like have something like in black white 2 with the tower/tree but more hawaian themed ? a battle chateua area but call it battle hutt

I want something better than just a battle facility. BW2 had three places. Battle Subway, Tree/Tower, and PwT. I want stuff like this again. And better contests.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Would definitely be nice to have a haunted/creepypasta story event; Sea Mauville, the mansion from Sinnoh, Lavender Town and Cinnabar from the old days, these are really creative and give the games a little more edge. The "Scary House" on Route 14 in Kalos was a disappointment. Unless I'm missing something, there wasn't anything that ever became of it in game. Of course, the flavor text I read was nearly three years ago, and after re-reading it on Bulbapedia... yeah, nothing ever happens at the Scary House.

I know this has been mentioned before, but diving needs to be fully present in S&M. Going to Hawaii and not using a glass bottom boat or a snorkel is like going to New York and not looking for the Empire Sate Building or Lady Liberty. Give us diving, and give us the full gamete of Finneons, Octilleries, Tentacruels, Shellders, Clamperls, Relicanths, everything. This s a golden opportunity for Game Freak to really exhibit the Water-type in its full glory!

Also, Fire-types need to be more common here. Hawaii exists because of volcanism, so Fire (and Rock)-types need to be at the forefront this time. Torkoals, Slugmas, Magbys, Pansears, Fletchinders, and whatever new fire types should be premier. Geodudes, Roggenrolas, Lunatones, Larvitars, etc. while we're at it.

I cannot wait for these games!

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Would definitely be nice to have a haunted/creepypasta story event; Sea Mauville, the mansion from Sinnoh, Lavender Town and Cinnabar from the old days, these are really creative and give the games a little more edge. The "Scary House" on Route 14 in Kalos was a disappointment. Unless I'm missing something, there wasn't anything that ever became of it in game. Of course, the flavor text I read was nearly three years ago, and after re-reading it on Bulbapedia... yeah, nothing ever happens at the Scary House.

I know this has been mentioned before, but diving needs to be fully present in S&M. Going to Hawaii and not using a glass bottom boat or a snorkel is like going to New York and not looking for the Empire Sate Building or Lady Liberty. Give us diving, and give us the full gamete of Finneons, Octilleries, Tentacruels, Shellders, Clamperls, Relicanths, everything. This s a golden opportunity for Game Freak to really exhibit the Water-type in its full glory!

Also, Fire-types need to be more common here. Hawaii exists because of volcanism, so Fire (and Rock)-types need to be at the forefront this time. Torkoals, Slugmas, Magbys, Pansears, Fletchinders, and whatever new fire types should be premier. Geodudes, Roggenrolas, Lunatones, Larvitars, etc. while we're at it.

I cannot wait for these games!

I also want a good, creepy side story. Love me some creepypasta.

Don't forget Grass types! Hawaii is filled with some of the most beautiful tropical plants and I'm really excited to see some of them as pokemon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

It's not quite a story, but have you seen the ghost in Lumiose? That was one of the creepier things in Pokemon if you ask me.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I hope to see more signature moves and abilites for gen 7. Maybe a cameo appearance from Marlon? I also like to see a native bird pokemon that changes it primary type like Fletching did.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
@ Huckleberry

A plethora of Grass-types is a given, so is Bug. After all, it's based off Hawaii. Those would be plentiful even if nothing was said. But yes, any less than 10 families of either in this new region, WE RIOT.

@ BGuy7

I vaguely remember something happening in the Lumiose condos... Cannot remember if it was a balcony of an empty apartment or what... I might have to recheck this...

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
@ Huckleberry

A plethora of Grass-types is a given, so is Bug. After all, it's based off Hawaii. Those would be plentiful even if nothing was said. But yes, any less than 10 families of either in this new region, WE RIOT.

Yes!! I'll go buy the vodka and rags.

Also, I dont' know if I've seen the ghost in Lumiose. I'll have to look that up. I do remember the ghost girl on the bridge in Black and White (or BW2, I don't remember which).

goodpeople25

If you're talking about new Pokemon, 10 families seems to be pushing it even if the amount was BW size. And that's your minimum? If your talking about a larger regional dex that makes a bit more sense depending on the size.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I vaguely remember something happening in the Lumiose condos... Cannot remember if it was a balcony of an empty apartment or what... I might have to recheck this...

Don't you mean, Mauville Hills?

There are 4 vacant apartments -- 4, 8, 15, and 16.

Apartment 16 is the creepy one since it has a different response on the intercom compared to the other three.
It gives a response of "..." rather than a message telling the player that there is no response.

But yeah, we need more creepy things in Pokemon.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Don't you mean, Mauville Hills?

There are 4 vacant apartments -- 4, 8, 15, and 16.

Apartment 16 is the creepy one since it has a different response on the intercom compared to the other three.
It gives a response of "..." rather than a message telling the player that there is no response.

But yeah, we need more creepy things in Pokemon.

I was initially referring to the ghost girl in one of the buildings at Lumiose who says "You're not the one..." and then floats away.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I was initially referring to the ghost girl in one of the buildings at Lumiose who says "You're not the one..." and then floats away.

He was talking about Lumiose Condos and a balcony/apartment of sorts. There aren't any condos/apartments in Lumiose. :p

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
He was talking about Lumiose Condos and a balcony/apartment of sorts. There aren't any condos/apartments in Lumiose. :p

I mean, hopefully there are condos and apartments in Lumiose, or I have to wonder where everyone in that big city lives! Alas, these did not appear in the game.

The ghost girl, the sign in the train station, and the Mauville apartment room were all creepy in their own way. I would love for more stuff like this or a continuation of these 'events' in SM.

Mr.FusRoDah

I mean, hopefully there are condos and apartments in Lumiose, or I have to wonder where everyone in that big city lives! Alas, these did not appear in the game.

The ghost girl, the sign in the train station, and the Mauville apartment room were all creepy in their own way. I would love for more stuff like this or a continuation of these 'events' in SM.

I agree with you. Creepy stuff reminds us that the Pokémon world has a very morbid side, which is easy for forget sometimes with the cheerful music and the preteen-teenage friendly rivalries we've gotten in recent games. I also hope we get at least a few creepy ghost-types. Gen 6 had some wonderful additions to that. I also hope to get more than just 69 at release like gen 6. Now that would just tick me off - one small gen following another.

I also hope we get a new shark Pokémon. I would see it as depressing if the sole shark in the ocean is Sharpedo, and the only other shark is a land-hammerhead-dragon (No disrespect to either of them). There needs to be more of those.

Sponge

People who are asking for more of certain types probably don't need to worry.

If there's as much (or possibly even more since we'll have more Pokemon) variety in this regions pokedex as there was in the Kalos pokedex then there will be plenty of Pokemon of all types to choose from. (Kalos had around 450 Pokemon I think?) I feel like the days of regions not having much variety could be behind us now.

I could see them taking inspiration from the Kalos Pokedex (that was split into central, coastal and mountain) and have each Island (or maybe grouping of islands if some of them are small) have it's own section in the pokedex. I'd like to see that style of pokedex return.

Bus

I would love a few side stories like the ghost girl thing too; though ultimately, I would like to see some closure to whatever they bring, too. That whole thing with the signs in the last game and the ghostly apartment girl seemed like it was leading somewhere, but then nothing happened. I feel like we're missing a part of the story....unless they (like the Strange Souvenir) were purposefully left as loose ends with the intention of being followed up in this new game.

As for the amount of pokemon, I would never have guessed a small amount added before, but with the advent of Mega Evolution, I feel like we could see around 79 new pokemon added (to bring us to an even 800) and then, like 21 Mega Evolutions to give the feel of having 100 new pokemon total. Thats how I rationalized the small amount last gen anyway; an added bunch of Mega evolutions to bring the total of 'new' pokemon up to the triple digit mark. Personally speaking, though, I would love to see at least 100 new additions with maybe like 15 or so Mega evolutions; with Generation 2 starters being the next ones to get new forms. I could see Gen 2's forms being something along the lines of:

Mega Meganium
Grass/Dragon
Ability: Grass version of Pixelate or Thick fat

Mega Feraligatr
Water/Dark (or just plain Water with no type change)
Ability: Tough Claws or Strong Jaw

Mega Typhlosion
Fire/Ground (or just plain Fire; no type change)
Ability: Drought or Tubroblaze

Nothing ground breaking, but I'm really kind of just picturing more ancient, primal looking versions of their current selves. The type for the water & fire starter is a bit of a stretch, but since Meganium is already a dinosaur, I can see it easily being typed a Dragon. Even though Aurorus and the Flying Neck Bannana are also Brontosaurus dinosaurs lacking Dragon typing lol.

Last edited:

Professor Maple

Pokemon prof.
It's not quite a story, but have you seen the ghost in Lumiose? That was one of the creepier things in Pokemon if you ask me.
Ghost? You mean that hex maniac is a GHOST!?

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
When it comes to scary things, we need something on the scale of D/P's Old Chateau and or BW2's strange house. Though I found the Old Chateau creepier since I was around 8 at the time, and I tried to catch Rotom well into the night...

Gizmoa

Battle Frontier.

Status
Not open for further replies.